“AVERAGE EXPERIENCE”
Review of Raintree Spa

Raintree Spa
Ranked #291 of 642 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Heard so much good reviews that I had to try it out for myself as I was staying in a hotel down the road. The spa is tastefully decorated with the most comfortable recliners with pillows for foot massages and has many massage packages to choose from including a full-service salon for both men and women. Clothing, oils, candles and other gift items are on display in the entrance foyer. Alas the masseuse assigned to me was just average and I have had better masseuse elsewhere. Maybe she was just tired after a long day and had no strength left. Nevertheless I will still give it another try the next time when I am in bangkok.

Date of experience: March 2018
in 9 reviews
"session"
"clothing"

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

We visited this spa as it was behind the hotel we stayed at, and only as matter of convenience. The concierge recommended us this place too.

However; the lady at the front desk was condescending and rude. We bought two packages for a body massage and scrub at 1900 THB each which included some complimentary foot soak. The foot soak is an insult to your intelligence as they literally soak your foot in water for a minute and lead you to their room.

The scrub was also terrible and didn’t feel like an exfoliate. The lady used so much water with the scrub that it was a terrible experience. The massage was not good either as despite telling her thrice she wasn’t able to apply any pressure and the technique was very layman for me.

Would not suggest this place at all unless you don’t have a choice !

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank puchki2208
Reviewed December 25, 2017

I researched this place on Trip Advisor before I visited. It was close to my hotel and it sounded good for a relaxing session, so I visited and took a package costing 2200 Baht for 2.5 hour session.
To start with all went well until I had to take a shower. Unfortunately the floor of the shower was VERY slippery and I fell heavily. Luckily nothing was broken other than the shower curtain, but I was battered and bruised. I managed to get out and the manageress was called to check on me. I was then placed on the massage table for an aromatherapy part of the treatment which due to a liberal application of Tiger Balm, on my ankle, which is about 10x the strength of Vick's vapour rub, made the massage pointless. I then hobbled downstairs to pay and leave, was given a cup of tea alongside a cup of some semi solid sweet tasting stuff that resembled wallpaper paste in both sight and texture. I then gave the massage woman a tip and she looked down her nose at it despite the accident being under her control.* I was then recalled by the management and given a refund of something like 5% and told that the shower problem had been resolved so no-one else would suffer my fate, which made me feel really good! Finally, the answer to your unasked question, no, I didn't go back and neither will I recommend that anyone else does either. * Had I been at home it would have been put into the hands of my solicitor.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank SIRNED
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We've been coming to Bangkok for the last 10 years and this used to be a really good place to go to for a massage.
However things seem to be changing and not only was the massage terrible but the staff was rude and thoughtless to.
Not only that when we complained to the man at the desk who seemed to be the owner/manager he abused us. Shocking. Never going to be visiting this crap place again. Warning to all future travellers

Date of experience: August 2017