“Hotel!”

Ranked #18 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Beijing
“Hotel!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A brilliant hotel! The rooms are beautiful and the service sublime. The facilities were also to die for with a brilliant swimming pool and a excellent gym; both with wonderful views over Bangkok. The spa is also a wonderful experience which is a definite go for, with wonderful treatments which make you feel as if you were 20 again. The food is also great, with a series of choice ranging from buffet to private rooms in the Summer Palace and much more. An altogether outstanding experience.

Room Tip: The corner suite is wonderful with a excellent value!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Your beautiful comment on rooms, facilities, food and overall service served as further inspiration for us to do what we do best … providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel, espcially on our Corner Suite, Spa and our Chinese restaurant Summer Palace. It is our great pleasure to know that we met your expectations and have created a delightful experience for you.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I came here for about a week after an isolated honeymoon in Bali and what a refreshing experience it was. It's not just that the intercom has the best location but the staff, services and in room dining are fantastic.
After some horrendous experiences with in room dining and services at the st.regis Bali, the Bangkok intercon was more than I could have hoped for.
Check in was a breeze with the helpful reception desk that only had me wait for a couple of minutes till I was escorted to my room on the 27th floor. It was good to see that one didn't necessarily have to stay in the club rooms to get great service.
Maybe I was still recovering from the in-your-face attitude of the st.regis private butlers but I received a far superior standard of service and respect for my privacy than I could ever have imagined.
I was really apprehensive about the in room dining but was pleasantly surprised when the missus enjoyed her beef burger and Caesar salad.
Staff at the hotel are always smiling and welcoming even at odd hours of the night. I was most pleased to be served by Kitti Sae See who made sure my stay was ultra comfortable and glitchless. they even managed to get me a reservation for roast duck at the four seasons in Siam paragon which was fantastic.
They had many great DVDs available that made in room entertainment pure pleasure. And they were all available for viewing whenever I wanted ch is not something that happens too often.
Rooms were clean and comfy although the bathroom could do with a modernisation.
I got a late check out on account of my priority club status and had a smooth exit from the hotel.
I must give a big shout out to the bell captain and his team who held on to my luggage while I went and shopped some more. Mr.Nakorn and Mr.Booncherd were smiling and holding on to our luggage at the exact time we asked the to have a cab day for the airport.
So all in all, I have decided that there no better life than an intercontinental life. Will stay here again and again.
Only downside was the rooms aren't very well soundproofed so I got to hear loud noises from neighbouring rooms but that was only shortlived. Also, the in room dining menus are very confusing as they say that items are available till 2300 hrs but we were told they we available 24 hours.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, don't really see the end for the club room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on the TripAdvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property. We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed and happy with our facilities and services.

It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our guests. We appreciated your recognition on our staff especially for Mr. Kitti Sae-See (Duty Manager), Mr. Nakorn and Mr. Booncherd (Assistant Bell Captain).

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, and fine compliments. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager
glasgow
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just spent two nights at ICH Bangkok on the way to Sydney. What a pleasure, the staff and room was up to, and exceeded expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit with us as well as a nice review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on room and staff is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in ther near furure.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

absolutely great club!! khun natt is the best! staff is great and wonderful views from the 37th floor as a bonus!
best in bangkok

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on InterContinental Bangkok as well as our Club InterContinental on 37th floor, also your recognition on Khun Natt the manager of the unit.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This review pertains only to the above-mentioned evening (and lunch) buffet to which my Asian family and I avail ourselves at least once a year, and on special occasions. I have not stayed at the hotel yet. One must take the overall hotel experience into account though, since the entire arrival experience, the lobby and the glassy mezzanine level all add to the experience. Very professional and nice staff. Make sure you book in advance for the buffet as it gets filled up rapidly (and prices rise too) on special dates. Even the regular price is "pricey" but worth it for us. Some of the highlights are the unlimited hot foie gras, the roast beef, solid sushi (for a buffet), the complete range of both Western and Asian food, the chocolate fountain... there is plenty to rave about. We were there at Christmas in 2011 and a wonderful bonus was that a group of visiting Christmas carolers just waltzed in at one point, stopped in front of us (we had a lucky table I guess) and performed 5-6 wonderful Christmas numbers! The kids loved it, it was a unique touch to an already great evening. Make no mistake, this feast is one for the bucket lists while in BKK.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of your dining experience at our Espresso restaurant on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to hear good comments from our guests.

We are also delighted to not only meet your product and service expectations but also to provide you the value for the price you paid dining in our restuarant on a special occasion.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Headed over to BKK for the weekend and was lucky enough to be upgraded to a corner suite in the IC, with club access. Best by far in the region, including Vietnam.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you like our Corner Suite as well as the service extended by our staffs at Club InterContinental on 37th floor.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Natthanan Kovacic
Club InterContinental Manager
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Many meetings last year were conduct in Intercontinental Htl. And I've never feel disappointed by this hotel, not a single one !!

Room Tip: Good place & secure to stay in Bangkok !
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at InterContinental Bangkok soon.