“Good service, loud noise from water pipe”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #19 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was my second stay at Intercon BKK.

Good location. 1 min walk distance to BTS station. Close to large shopping malls.
Spacious room as 45sqm.
People are friendly to provide good services.

Disappointing is loud noise from water pipe. It's really loud and I woke up several times in early morning during my 6 nights stay. This noise is so loud not only by people in other room but also by use of bathroom by myself. I hesitated to flush the toilet when I use it at 3am. This should be fixed asap.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your beautiful comment on hotel location and the friendly service from our staff. We however would also like to thank you for the shortcomings you brought to our attention.

From your feedback, our engineering department is currently investigating the problem and will fix it as soon as possible. Rest assured that your comments have not gone unnoticed.

We hope we will have an opportunity to demonstrate our improvement and true InterContinental experience to you in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Many times in this hotel but everytime they gave me a reason to compliment them for their excellent services!
Was actually here for business on the first 4 nights then family for the following 3 nights! The restaurant staff actually recognises us, remembered our different needs, and specifically laid the table, & brought us our breakfast choice without us having to say what we need :) They actually observe what we usually take from the breakfast counter and serve us almost the same for the following days :) splendid service and tumbs up!

I was expressing breastmilk to freeze and bring back and the bell captains was so friendly to my requests even asking them at 2am to collect from my room for freezing!! Upon checkout, they actually impressed me further by helping me pack those breastmilk into my ice box and providing dry ice for me, they are simply so considerate and this really impresses and touches me, I have stayed in many other hotels before and none know how to manage the milk!! Yet another super tumbs up !!

Thanks Intercontinental and your group of staff that make my stay extremely pleasant

Room Tip: For family pick the twin queen size bed rooms they are huge enough !
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pauline T

Dear Guest,

Your wonderful review on the staff and overall service served as further inspiration for us to do what we do best … providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It is our great pleasure to know that we met your expectations and have created an extremely pleasant experience for you.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

It was just a quick One Night Star but the Hotel amenities are fantastic. Great lounge at the club level and good sport equipments for a work out.
Wifi is free on the club level and upgrades due to the intercontinental membership are outstanding at this location

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on our hotel as well as our Club InterContinental on 37th floor also our Ambassador Member Loyalty Program and the fitness facilities.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with InterContinental on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is my 10th visit to this excellent hotel which provides outstanding service to its guests. I have been always blown away by the professional and attentive service from each and every staffmember - from warm welcome to the hotel throughout all restaurants and especially the Club Team. You are always treated as being "special" and everybody goes the extra mile to ensure you have a most enjoyable stay. Whenever in Bangkok my first choice will always be the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind patronage and loyalty to InterContinental Bangkok as well as posting a nice review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on service extended form our staffs especially on Club InterContinental team on 37th floor is pretty much appreciated.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Yours sincerely,

Natthanan Kovacic
Club InterContinental Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I were in Bangkok for a leisure trip and were having a 3 night stay, and although we were there for a 3 night and a 4 days, it was enough for the Intercontinental to impress us. The starking feature you will come across is the service and felicitation.

The Hotel , transfer & Sightseeing bookings were done from Antilog Vacations , a travel outfit based in India which provides Thailand all inclusive stay packages at cheapest rates ( i did comparisons with as many as 7-8 sites ) .The package was booked online 7 days before our check in . Booking hotel and other stuff separately is costly and time consuming to be honest.

We were greeted at the airport by an Antilog employee who was impressive. We were provided cold water and wet wash cloths to refresh ourselves during the ride to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and spoke nice English.

The hotel itself was five star all the way. The rooms were adjoining and the high speed wireless internet was actually high speed and worked flawlessly. Rooms are furnished beautifully & bathroom heavenly. There were innumerable number of channels, lots of them in Arabic, Chinese; I could not scroll the length, useless to me as they were. We only had the Breakfast , had no time for dinner and lunch but it was good to see such variety in the food; from Arabic to French they had it all. The spa in the hotel has just opened and I recommend people going there after a day out in bangkok.

We had a lovely room but more impressive was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The concierge was very helpful, giving us hints on the restaurants we wanted to go to. From the professional and friendly registration staff to the wait staff in the restaurant, they bent over backwards to make our stay comfortable. An amazing place and I cherished every moment of the stay. It is a well designed hotel with courteous staff and delicious food.

Highly recommended for Indians going to the country as they offer good quality vegetarian food. I wish I could be there for another stint, a longer one this time in Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gemini G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share us and others your feedback and comments regarding your recent visit to Bangkok. We are so happy to see that you enjoyed and happy with our facilities and services.

Your compliment on room, facilities, service and staff is really appreciated. We will do our best to keep up the standard of our facilities and overall services.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Warm regards,

Kwanchai Quincy Yokto
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Having visited Thailand last week I strongly reccomend this great hotel . Allthough a simple act at times it is so difficult to find accros the board in such a large operation . Its the smile of the staff the genuine hospitality from the heart is radiated through out the hotel and very much appreciated .

Thank you all for a great stay , Daniela Yarden and David

Room Tip: The corner suite is very spacious .
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank david_cohen
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Ms. Daniela Yarden and Mr. David Cohen,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your beautiful comment on the staff served as further inspiration for us to do what we do best … providing memorable experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stay in this hotel every other month for just under 1 month periods of stay. I have been doing this for almost 4 years. I have continued returning to this hotel as it is just like coming to my home while I am away from home. In all of my travels around the world and staying in Intercontinental Hotel's, none of them can compare to Intercontinental Bangkok. You will feel the warmth of the hotel and the staff the minute you walk into the lobby.

You will be greeted by one of the best Bell Staff's around, Khun Boonchard and his staff will carry away your luggage and deliver to your room. After the warm greeting of the Bell Staff, you will be greeted by the amazing Guest Relations Team (Khun Chutima, Umavadee, Sirinthip, Sarunya, Pullarp) will make your check-in process as easy and delightful as possible. The entire Front Office team led by Khun Krissana (Front Office Manager) will assist you in everything you need. Khun Suchitra and Patchamon are wonderful.

After you get settled into your wonderful room with its oversized bathroom, great amenities warm ambience, high quality linens and cleanliness (provided by the hard-working housekeeping staff). You can contact the Concierge team led by Khun Rattapoom and they will be able to guide and direct you to anyplace you want to see and visit. Khun Raweewan and the other staff members are some of the best in the area with the overall knowledge of the surroundings.

For those who appreciate the highest quality spa & fitness experience. You will find this located on the 36th floor. The spa uses only the highest trained staff and the highest quality of products. The spa has a standard they follow and that is "Perfection". The fitness staff (Khun Prasit and staff) will assist you and help you to ensure that your workout is the best possible. The large selection & variety of equipment will give you a complete and full workout experience. The swimming pool is located on the 37th floor, accessible through the 36th floor offers a pool bar and an amazing view of the city in all 4 directions during the day and evenings.

For those who have access to The Club Lounge located on the 37th floor, it is pure serenity. The privacy, ambience and overall ability to get away from the noise of the city streets is all wiped away when you are greeted and treated by Khun Natthanan (Club Manager) and her staff.

For those who have Business Center needs (internet, copy, fax, sim card purchase & top-up), the best staff in the hotel business is located here. Khun'Oh, Kanlaya, Saowaluk & Sasikorn will make your business needs a breeze and relaxing. Business Center is located on the walk-way between the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn.

The food selection and availability is endless. The weekend seafood buffet held at the Espresso Restaurant on the Mezzanine level is amazing. Have to experience it in person. For your breakfast the variety is endless, no matter what kind of food you like it is available. All of this is topped off by one of the best service staff in the restaurant business. You will be hosted by Khun Wannipa, Tanikarn, Kwanjai and they will ensure that you are extremely well taken care of by the amazing staff inside. Also inside the president arcade there is a large variety of restaurants that will satisfy anyone's taste.

The location of this hotel is the best. It's located right next to the BTS Chitlom SkyTrain station which can connect you anywhere in the city including the MRT subway. Every corner of the city is reachable. You can also walk on the skywalk all the way to Central World and Siam Paragon, the most desirable shopping centers in Thailand. They contain anything and everything. You can also walk over to the famous MBK shopping center. The hotel itself is connected to the most luxurious shopping Gaysorn Plaza.

There is nothing at this hotel that will disappoint anyone, whether it is for a 1 night stay during a airport transfer or a long duration of stay. Anything and everything will be the highest of quality and ensuring that the guests truly experience the City of Angels and the wonderful staff of the Intercontinental Bangkok. A true touch of Thai hospitality.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. The rooms on the west-side of the building face towards Central World and Si...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Eric Philip Pratt,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at InterContinental Bangkok.

This is a real BrandHearted story for all of us....

We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed and happy with our facilities and services. It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and service are appreciated by our loyalty and a very high value guest like you.

On behalf of our Management and the entire Front Office Team, I would like to express my sincere appreciation and regards to you for the recognition on many of our hotel staffs including myself. We feel very lucky and proud to have a lovely customer like you always staying with us.

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, and wonderful compliments. We love to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you here at InterContinental Bangkok and definitely we will continue to be your 'home away from home".

Your kind words on this review really tells everyone that we are truly "Great Hotel Guest Love"