“Great all around hotel and wonderful location”

InterContinental Bangkok
Ranked #18 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Great all around hotel and wonderful location”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past , and the few service problems I had in the past were addressed very professionally by the front office manager Mr Krissana. I was booked in a club floor room; and the rooms are well appointed and lit. The bathroom is elegant and spacious.The breakfast served at the club lounge is very good and many varieties are served. Happy hour in the evening is one of the best, and the service is good. The Italian restaurant Grossi serves excellent authentic dishes and the service is to die for; the Chinese Summer palace restaurant is very good and I would recommend ordering the Honk Kong duck. The Balcony lounge in the lobby serves excellent drinks and has an extensive wine list. The lobby itself is elegant and inviting. Location is close to the main shopping centers and is a plus. When I am back in Bangkok again I know I will stay at this very fine establishment again

Room Tip: Club floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your previous visit with us as well as the wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to see that we finally can regain your confidence in our service after a few shortalls you have encountered with in the past. I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your kind understanding and a second chance you gave us to demonstrate our improvement and true InterContinental Experience.

I am also delighted to learn that you had a brilliant time during your stay and enjoyed with all the facilities and restaurants. Your compliment on our restaurants, room and staff is really appreciated. Thank you also for your recognition on our people especially for Mr. Krissana our very best Front Office Manager.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights recently on holiday with my wife. Hotel is excellent. Well located right in the downtown shopping district with easy access to the main shopping malls. Staff were very courteous and looked out fo us very well. Room was roomy and well stocked. Bed very comfortable. Buffet breakfast was very comprehensive with range of Western and Asian choices. Definitely a 5 star experience with service that only Asia can provide. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us at InterContinental Bangkok.

I am very much appreciated you wonderful review and all the kind words on our staff, hotel facilites and overall service. It is my most pleasure to learn that we have succeeded in creating a memorable experience for you and your wife and helped both of you to have a brilliant time in Bangkok.

Thank you once again and we hope we will have a pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My brother and I went to Bangkok for the first time in late March. Although it was quite a warm time to visit Bangkok, we couldn't get other vacation time off to travel. We are both very avid travelers and very picky about hotels, so we only wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel.

The thing about Bangkok is that the cost of a 5 star hotel there is the price of a 4 star hotel in Europe.

The Intercontinental was extremely amazing. The room was very posh. The staff gave us a corner room with an amazing view of the city. The entire building is a site in itself and in fact was actually in one of my brother's tour guide books as a building to see! It is ultra modern and all glass on the outside.

The hotel has an impressive set of restaurants. We began each day with the amazing breakfast buffet which had a huge array of Asian and Western choices. They had a made to order omelette bar as well as dim sum, Asian noodle soup and all other standard breakfast choices. Their spa was also amazing, and they have a huge gym.

The location could not be best--right in the center where the modern malls are, right next to the city overhead walkways, and right next to the subway station stop (though in all honesty, I found cabs easier in Bangkok and so cheap, we barely took the subway). I also found the concierge there very very helpful in helping us book our tours which I think are important if you don't want to brave the scamming cab drivers and difficult traffic of the city.

Having a nice hotel when the heat was sweltering became key to our enjoyment there.

I will say though, if you are looking for a cheap hotel, this is NOT cheap. But for the discerning traveler who wants luxury, I think that the deal is very very good especially if you are used to European prices.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank medjoe94110
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review. I am very happy to learn that you were enjoy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. It is most rewarding to see that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in May ona business trip. Very nice rooms, and courteous staff . Hospitality is outstanding ! However the food is very ok.. And that's something the hotel could improve, especially the breakfast spread . All in all, a good experience !

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and comments on this review. We are delighted to see that you have an enjoyable stayed with us on your recent visit at our property.

However, with regard to the varity of the breakfast please note that we are currently updating the varity and the rotation of the food on our buffet breakfast. Hopefully, we would be able to complete and implement it soon.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind observations, and feedback as it will help us to improve our facilities and service to achieve the highest level of service excellence. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is a great Intercontinental Hotel. I have stayed in many and this is one of the better ones. The staff are excellent, especially Julia in the club lounge, very pleasant and professional. I was greeted formally every time I visited the lounge, using it for meetings as well as socialising. Booked a club room, the hotel contacted me in advance to check when I was arriving so they could have an upgraded room ready for me - nice. The pool is on the very top of the building, 37 floors up and offers great views over the city. The aircon in the room was a little cold, and I had difficulty adjusting to it. I ended up turning it off. Also the heavy doona on the bed is not necessary.

Room Tip: Always pay the extra for a club room. Free internet, access to the club lounge, evening cocktails an...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BigRuss1213
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your previous visit at InterContinental Bangkok.

I am very pleased to see that you had a great time with us and enjoyed with the facilities and great service extended by our people. I would also like to thank you for your kind words and recognition on our staffs at Club InterContinental on 37th floor and especially for Julia.

From your feedback, I have already addressed the issue regarding air-conditioning system with our Director of Engineer. Please rest assured that we will take action to rectify this problem without delay.

Thank you once again. We look forward to your next visit.

New York
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have spent many nights at this hotel over the last 8 years. I have always thought of it as one of my favorites. The staff is amazing and very professional. The rooms are great. The room service is excellent.

The location is perfect if you want to be in the middle of shopping and everything. Gaysorn Plaza is next door with Coach and Louis V. and others. Siam Paragon is a short walk away. The skytrain is in front of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MidTMike
Dear Guest,

It is indeed our pleasure to receive a wonderful feedback from our geust, especially from our very loyalty guest who has been continuously staying with us over the past 8 years like you.

Thank you very much for your kind patronage and the reliance you always bestow on us. I am very deligthed to learn that you always enjoy your stay and happy our consistency service.

We at InterContinental hope to see you again in the future and be of service to you once again.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Intercontinental Bangkok being my best and first choice for many years. this is the first time I spend two weeks in Thailand without my family as we all have been here two years ago ... a great Hotel... with a great atmosphere... a great service... a great food choice ... a professional staff with a great sense of humor with a great ability to observe the guest's anger ( I have seen it happening during my past visits )... it will be my best and the only choice... :) a BIG " thank you " to all staff and management of Intercontinental Bangkok( Mr. Omar in specific and of course all other management too) with " special " thank you to Miss " Umavadee " whom really being a great help in making me proud with my guests by selecting the best " stake house " in the hotel itself and for all other assistance in my booking... : ) with my best wishes for all the travellers, Abdulla Abdulkarim, from Dubai, UAE

Room Tip: I usually choice the Corner suites as they are large but have tried others too, all meets expectatio...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us as well as your kind patronage being our loyalty guest.

We are pleased to learn that you were happy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. It is most rewarding to see that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you for your observations, recommendation as well as your recognition on our people on this review especially for Mr. Omar and Ms. Umavadee. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again soon.