3,600 results
All reviews the club lounge ambassador member central world corner suite the holiday inn chit lom bts station pillow menu rooftop pool siam paragon erawan shrine major shopping malls excellent hotel top floor rooms are spacious breakfast buffet fitness center concierge
Reviewed April 28, 2016

I stayed here just for one night on a points redemption. As an IHG Royal Ambassador I was surprised to hear at check-in that I wasn't eligible for an upgrade or club-access. This was disappointing and I think this property needs to do a much better job in how they treat their most loyal customers. They then added insult by quoting me a very high price for club access. After some negotiation I accepted, but was completely let down by the Club Intercontinental experience. First of all the service is way too slow during evening hours. I had to ask several staff multiple times to get served a drink. By the time I got my drink the cocktail hours were over. And to make things worse the club was so overcrowded I was forced to sit in the small conference room! It was a complete waste of money.

The rooms however were very nice. Very elegant and rich...exuding luxury. It is definitely a luxurious hotel but fails in the customer service department.

The hotel is about 30-40 minutes from the airport, and is in a decently busy area. Beware of the taxi drivers that pick you up at the hotel and try to charge you outrageous fixed fares to the airport. Insist that they run the meter!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Evan M
Sakdapol, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Dear Evan M

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the InterContinental Bangkok. As an IHG Royal Ambassador, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are very concerned that your experience was not up to expectations. Abiding by terms and conditions of the reward night, we are very sorry that we could not provide you with our Club InterContinental Room upgrade for your rewards night booking.

On the other note, as we strive to provide a superior experience at our Club InterContinental, I was extremely concerned to hear that you were not satisfied with the service. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please be assured that we take your feedback very seriously and will follow up on the areas that you mentioned.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Bangkok in the future and convince you of the excellent service that you rightfully expect of us. As I would like to personally take care of your stay details especially your stay experience, please feel free to contact me if you are planning to visit Bangkok.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

Stayed there in April and it was quiet average for a 5* hotel. Rooms are nice but you need to call and get the room cleaned. Breakfast was poor as a lot of the food had being made hours earlier and I felt that the food wasn't fresh. Coffee service was poor also. It was extremely busy in the restaurant and there wasn't a lot of space between the buffets and seating area . The other restaurant were good that I dined in but its expected for the prices that they charge.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank moritzVienna

Dear moritzVienna

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in smoking rooms floor
The room and the Floor corridor little bit Not smell good I don't think it's because the smoke
The breakfast was excellent and Rich
One of the best that they see
The staff from the main door and the front desk are very nice and kindly

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Yigaldoga

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel.

Whilst we were very pleased to read that the facilities and services in our hotel met your expectations, we did take serious note of your comment on the unpleasant smell on the corridor. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

Had a 5 night stay at the end of a 3 week trip to Thailand, which was wonderful way to end the holiday. Have stayed at the property several times in the past so expectations were high especially having just joined the hotels Ambassador program.

We were upgrade to a club suite which comes with a whole range of benefits, the room itself is a good size comfortable lounge large bathroom and spacious bedroom with excellent bed and great pillows to suit your needs.

The Club lounge is located on the 37th floor and has great views across the city and plenty of comfortable seating. Did not use the lounge for breakfast as the main restaurant has such a great spread on offer. There is also a good high tea on offer but the real star is the evening cocktails from 17:30 to 19:30 full bar on offer with a good selection of wines and spirits also a nice selection of cocktails. There was also a nice buffet with various cold cuts and cheeses to choose from there was even a whole serrano ham on show being carved also each night there was showcase based on the hotels restaurant's. One night there was a Som Tum station making the spicy thai salad to order another evening they had a selection of canapé from the Fireplace as well has a Roast Rib of Beef being carved to order.

Our daughter was given a nice birthday cake as she turned 18 while we were there and we had a wonderful meal at the Summer palace Peking Duck was to die for.

All the staff we encountered were great a real thumbs up for the hotel

Excellent stay will be back.

Room Tip: The Higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Sakdapol, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Dear Bigshov

First of all, I am wishing your daughter a very happy and sweet birthday. I also appreciate your loyalty and continuous supports being our InterContinental Ambassador and thank you so much for your very detailed review. I am so excited that you picked up on the tiny details that make the InterContinental Bangkok so great. I must say that we are very proud of the entire team. We always love hearing that our guests enjoyed every aspect of their stay.

Again, thank you for recommending our hotel on the other viewers on TripAdvisor and we are looking forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now (seven I think). Room was good and I got a free upgrade to club, which was very much appreciated. Customer service was good as usual. There was one minor issue but this was resolved quickly and efficiently by the staff. Particularly good customer service from a girl called Luck in the club lounge. I'll definitely have to visit again next time I am in Bangkok!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear Alex B

Thank you very much for your continuous supports to the InterContinental Bangkok as well as for sharing details of your recent stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that your concern was rectified quickly and efficiently by our staff. Your kind words will be passed on in particular to Luck who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate her to keep up the good work.

It is certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the InterContinental Bangkok.