1,722 results
All reviews shopping mall chatuchak cafe suan bua weekend market business trip nice hotel the club lounge star hotel sky bar shuttle bus thai restaurant department store international airport deluxe suite breakfast buffet mrt station business hotel
Reviewed July 11, 2012

In the northen parts of Bangkok, in case you want to visit this area. Big hotel close to huge shopping center. I have room in the Club department, which in my opinion is always worthwhile if the hotel has that possibility. More exclusive service. You check in/check out at the club lobby and dont have to wait in line. Here they also serve several meals, like breakfast and snacks, around the clock, all included in the price. You enjoy a fantastic view in spledid isolation from the crowd. Also had the privilege of a limo service for 800 anywhere in Bangkok area, which should be compared with the 2000 you normally will be charged for a lime to the airport for example. Staff perhaps a little reserved and stiff but basically friendly. This is a fine hotel and well recommeded it u are willing to pay a little more. Have nothing to say about the restaurant, because I didn't eat at any. But they looked fine. I think there were at least 3 plus a big lobby bar. I enjoyed my stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Phuket
I would like to thank you not only to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay, but as well for the nice review and comments you have made about our services and facilities.
The Centara collaborators are very appreciative and hope to welcome you again soon in Bangkok

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We attended a conference at the hotel and found it very enjoyable . Breakfast is fantastic a real fusion experience. The only challenge was making sure that taxi drivers took you to the right Centara Grand! On two occasions taken to the Centara at Central Plaza 45mins-1 hour away.
Service was pretty good though disappointed when trying to get a taxi the door men made no effort and tried to hustle us into a hotel limo. The shuttle to the local train station was good though and that is the way to travel

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful island of Fiji .
We are sorry that you did not found our doorman attitude totally satisfactory.
We will share your concerns with the respective members of our team.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is greatly let down by it's lack of free WIFI. I booked my room through booking.com & mistakenly thought this hotel offered free wifi to guests like almost every other hotel in Bangkok. I was shocked when checking in last night that they charge is 790 baht per day!!! (approx $26). I complained about this to the night manager who agreed with me that the hotel should offer free wifi like every other hotel in the area. I was annoyed because I need WIFI for business & would now need to go to an internet cafe to answer my emails. He assured me that the General manager (who would be on duty this morning) would phone me & may be able to offer me the free wifi as I am staying for 3 nights. It is now 1pm & still no call from General Manager to resolve this. Another black mark against this hotel for not phoning me as promised.

This is a great shame as the hotel is otherwise nice & offering free wifi to guests is something everyone comes to expect these days. I will not be staying here again nor recommending it to anyone who requires WIFI, which is just about everyone these days! A big disappointment for Centara.
Cindy Amey

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank phuketexpats
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Mrs Amey
Thank you for sharing your comments and your concerns.
We have actually tried to contact you on the same day, and left you a note offering you a more economical proposal.
Actually not many hotels, in Bangkok, offer free internet access, unless you book a specific package deal inclusive of free internet access.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed at Centara Grand for the last 2 nights at the end of our Thailand trip, and it was definitely a major disappointment. In comparison to the other 5-star hotels we stayed in during our trip, this hotel's staff weren't very welcoming or helpful. They didn't provide us with the necessary information, and the hotel was way too busy and crowded to be enjoyable. The service was indifferent and not warm at all, and the staff at the tourist information desk were very inefficient. The lady provided us with incorrect information on getting to a tourist destination. Instead of it taking 2 hours out of our day, the information she provided us left us stranded at random piers and streetsides until we finally found our way home. At this stage, the entire day was wasted, and we got back at the hotel by 9pm. The location of the hotel isn't useful for Bangkok tourists wanting to see the main sites of the city. Taxi drivers refuse to drive to that area due to shocking traffic on the tollways. The buffets and other things are very expensive too. Not worth the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank M_Ingale
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Sir
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful city of Sydney.
I would like to thank you to have chosen our Hotel for your recent stay.
I have taken good note on your comments related to our tourist desk services, which were not as efficient as expected. Our apology for that .We will ensure that our Guest Relation Officer are better trained to give the most accurate information

Reviewed June 20, 2012

For our honeymoon me and my husband stayed 4 days in this hotel. Everything was perfect. The room was clean, nice bathroom and great comfortable king size bed, staffs were very kind and helpful, breakfast was delicious and we had many different choices to eat. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time for the club located on the last floor, but it seemed very nice. The best part about this hotel for me was the swimming pool. We had our drink by the jacuzzi which was very fun and no one was there, so we had our privacy quite well. Everything was great in this hotel which made my honeymoon perfect. There was nothing negative about this hotel except for one little tiny issue. Most of the taxi drivers didn't know the location of this hotel or they misunderstood it with some other hotels. So I suggest you to have the business card of the hotel with you at all time when you are out.
In the end I assure you that this is a REAL 5 STAR HOTEL so don't miss it at all!!!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Mr Amin
Hope that life is treating you well in your beautiful country of Iran...
We are please to know that your truly enjoy your honeymoon !