US$123
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$103
Hilton
  • Pool
US$141
US$65
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$116
US$448
Hotels.com
  • Pool
3,879 results
All reviewswhite roomthe executive loungescarlett restaurantburger restaurantsilom roadwhite themetrendy hotelchong nonsi btsfloor to ceiling windowssilom areanight marketrooftop restaurantan upgradebreakfast buffetclub roomhigh floorlate check
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I used to stay here on my honeymoon trip Charlie S. The manager made it remarkable so I come back with my friend from spain but now no more remarkable stay since we arrive I ask for charlie the lady say to me I don¤t know and it take 20 min to check in after long flight and new staff is not nice to us ( can you tell me where is charlie working now )

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed there for two nights, the lobby was still under renovation but there were lots of staff around to handle the transition. Got checked in on the Sofitel Club Lounge which I really liked. Was elegant, classy and yet not over the top. Staff were dressed in elegant Thai uniforms, we were presented with a glass of fresh green guava juice to welcome us whilst the paper work was being completed. Evening cocktails had small canape selections presented at each table plus a small buffet offering of fruits and sweet. Nothing exception but enough to go with a nice glass of wine or cocktail.

We had an all-white room which was dazzling on the first glance but became quite soothing after settling in. You can see the room still has the old hotel room configuration, shape and size but the designers and new management have done a great job to make changes to freshen the look and feel. Overall a nice feel, and works well for me.

The restaurants were outstanding, we had breakfast at Mistral with nice view over the leafy quiet road behind the hotel. Buffet selections were ample and well executed, staff were eager to please, but you do have to be specific. I asked for an egg white omelette, and I got an omelet made with all egg whites and nothing else. I forgot to say what else I wanted with the egg whites!

Scarlet Restaurant and bar I have to say was WOW!. Firstly for the view from the terrace and secondly for the concept and delivery. We decided to try the Cote de Bouef and were thoroughly impressed, first with the quality and then the price we eventually paid. Very reasonable indeed and great. The Grand Marnier souffle needed 20 minutes and when it arrived, the presentation was very scanty, just placed on a large plate with no liner. However the taste made up for the lack of presentation. Scarlet was the only place we tried during this trip that had nice wines by glass, the other hotels offered wines that were so young that they were really not drinkable.

Looking forward to going back to check out the new 25 degrees hamburger place that was under renovation on the ground floor.

We also had a look around, there was a semi outdoor pool which was nice but we preferred the pool at Aloft Sukhumvit.

Room Tip: Rooms on either side are great but higher floors obviously give better views from the floor to ceiling windows.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel has been recently rebranded to Pullman from Sofitel (both accor hotels). The hotel lobby was nice, trendy and the rooftop bar is a must visit, good food and drinks.

The first room I was given was tastefully decorated but had an old tv. I was moved to another recently refurblished room with a big LCD TV.
The biggest drawback of the hotel and the reason why I would unlikely stay here again is that it is probably the only upscale hotel on the planet not to have power sockets by the bed side table. I ended up unplugging one of the bedside lamps but the power would automatically switch off when I switched of the lights from the main power controller. This really made me angry as when i arrived in London by phone had ran out of battery and when I wanted an afternoon nap my sleep quality was disturbed as I had to sleep with the light on. I did complain to management and they offered to move me to a recently refurblished pullman white room that seemed to have a similar problem and smelt strongly of paint so i declined.

Overall
Pros
Good location
Friendly Staff
Nice lobby / bar
Good bed

Cons
Business equipment/ phones/electrical goods wont charge properly
Small pool that is cold as its not in the sun
small fitness centre

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Sofitel188, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks. We are delighted that you appreciated the decor of our hotel.Electric sockets are available at the bedside table in every room, and we indeed understand the conveniency of having it on hand on the bedside table. We have therefore equipped all our brand new Deluxe rooms with electric sockets easily accessible on the bedside table.We hope this has not marred what would otherwise have been an enjoyable experience, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Bangkok Hotel G.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September 2010. I loved this hotel! It’s clean, very decent and I simply loved the lemon grass smell in the lobby. The room we stayed in had a nice view of the city. The security and reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the travel agent designated at Sofitel was also very helpful to us in arranging our Bangkok itineraries. The buffet breakfast was splendid, they were a lot of food selections though it can get very crowded. I just wish that the restaurant staff can maintain the level of pleasantness amidst the hectic workload of handling numerous guests going for breakfast.
I highly recommend this hotel if you want a decent place to stay in Bangkok, there are shops and restaurants nearby and the location is very accessible to other commercial centers at the same time.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BossyMrs

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We have well noted your comments and suggestions, and we appreciate your input. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pullman Bangkok Hotel G when your travels bring you back to Bangkok.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We made a stop over in bangkok before heading back home.Stayed in the Sofitel Silom.Great experience.Already in the lobby area felt very impressed comfortable.The room were very spacious(may a little bit dark) but we got all the necessary facilities.Turn down service every evening
Breakfast was great and the perfect start in tp the day.We tried the room service the first night and all the dishes very tasty.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Sofitelsilom, Resident Manager at Pullman Bangkok Hotel G, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012