1,545 results
All reviews ratchathewi bts direct access buffet breakfast shopping area train siam naraya link convenience agoda
Reviewed March 6, 2016

If you just need a bed for the night then this place may be fine for you. It's not a bad price and is located about a 10 minute walk to all the main malls including MBK and Siam Paragon, has a pool and gym (with old but adequate equipment).

The hotel feels a bit outdated, with 1970's style decor and an odd musty feel to the building but you get a good sized room.

Despite the decor there were a few other issues including:

- an ant problem in the bathroom, which was never permanently resolved despite numerous requests
- a particularly rude member of staff at the reception who didn't seem to want to be there
- Average to poor food in the restaurant
- Wifi was absolutely awful. It was only available in the foyer and didn't work in the rooms.

I wouldn't stay here for more than one night in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room without ants
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2016 via mobile

It seems this hotel has 4 stars .... Well, I'm not sure about star rating over here but I can tell you that the whole place is far from being the what you are looking for: unfriendly staff, smelling everywhere, and unseen before furnishing... Nevertheless it is excellently located, Sky train gets you directly into the hotel, but be warned, there are stairs to climb.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2016

We stayed in this hotel twice during our visit to Thailand. The rooms we had on the first leg of our trip (floor 7) were in need of renovations. On our second stay, the rooms had been updated and were much nicer (floor 15).

First I will start with the good...
**The location was excellent especially if you enjoy shopping and plan to use the SkyTrain. I travelled with my mom and sisters, so it was just as affordable for us to use a taxi or tuk tuk service.
**The breakfast buffet was very good with something for everyone.
**The personnel at the concierge desk was quite helpful in many ways. They were courteous in giving directions and answering all of our questions. They allowed us to leave some luggage with them that we would then pick up during our return stay.

Now for the not so good...
>I didn't realize how important it would be to have good wifi service while travelling abroad. I planned to touch base with my family in the US early each morning while it was evening at home. I planned to do this from my hotel room, however there was absolutely NO service in the hotel room. This left me the option of connecting with them from the lobby. Needless to say, the wifi connection from the lobby was spotty at best. If this is important to you, then I would not recommend staying here.
>Several of the personnel at check in/out counter need a refresher in customer service. I didn't personally have any issues but I witnessed several guests who were not treated with the level of courtesy and politeness they deserved.
>Do yourself a favor and at least learn to at least speak the numbers in Thai. It's not difficult to learn and it will save you from being ripped off by the hotel provided taxi service. The taxi desk will try to convince you if they arrange a taxi it is "safer". We never felt unsafe walking to the street and getting our own transportation. By the end of our stay, I had several taxi/tuk tuk drivers convinced I was a native speaker. If you know the numbers, you can negotiate.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed February 25, 2016

I am actually living in Bangkok and I would never chose this hotel, but we had to stay there for the location, which is pretty goof for this hotel. But the customer service, especially at reception is HORRIBLE. We arrived back from Cambodia late about 10PM, and after 7 hours of sitting in the bus, we just wanted to shower and sleep, but the line to get our room cards was over 30 minutes, I was almost loosing it. Also they are pretty rude at reception. Yes, you get hello and goodbye, but nothing else what comes from them is served politely. Also we booked room for three, but got only two beds what were put together. Room was on non-smoking floor, but smelled like an ash bin. Otherwise room was nice and clean, bathroom was nice and they even had extra tap for drinking water. Room service worked well. We had some problems with breakfast, we had to pay more.
Also wifi worked really badly or not at all..

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2016

The Asia Hotel is merely a functional stopover at a convenient BTS location. The hotel staff were really very unfriendly, from the front desk to the lady collecting coupons for breakfast. We felt as though we were being treated like students collecting our dorm meals (They even made us wait while they made sure we weren't lying about having used anything in the mini-bar, and made us go back to the room to fetch our breakfast coupons in case we were lying about staying at the hotel). Look, the room was pleasant, spacious and clean, with a comfortable bed - which is all you can ask for when you need a functional and convenient stopover. We didn't really consider this stay as part of our holiday. Last note for those hoping to be productive, it is advertised that there is WIFI, but this is only available in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple