“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #32 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Tainan, Taiwan
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed at Four Seasons Bangkok for 2 nights, February 13 and 14. Before I made my booking, I was a little concern about tired rooms mentioned by some review. I have noticed hotel manager writes personal reply to many of reviews regardless of good or bad comments, so I wrote a short e-mail directly to Mr. Avi Haksar. Surprisingly, I got a prompt reply from him to ensure my comfort during my stay. He kept his promise and offer complimentary internet service during our stay. Our room was beautiful and service was sincere. I am amazed by its sound proof and insulation. I am a light sleeper, but the double window block all sounds from Bangkok's hustle bustle street noise. The efficient air-condition gets too cold for me to sleep (I get cold easy), so I turned it off when I go to bed. The room remained comfortable through out the night. We had big fruit plate (really really big with assorted fruits) and it is restocked next day. Every time we leave the room, the housekeeping will come in to replace bottle water. There are always at least 6 bottles of drinking water available in the room. Though the bed is a little on the soft side, I think it is only personal preference. As I get older, I prefer firmer mattress.
We also enjoyed Four Season's convenient location. It is near many attractions and BTS station. There are many restaurants and shopping centers within short walking distance. Concierge has been more than helpful. They go out of their way to give us direction and suggestion about transportation. I did not see tbig our group people there during my stay.
I will recommend this hotel to anyone asking for my suggestion.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MWang28
AviHaksar, General Manager at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear MWang28,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write to us. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and you had a wonderful time here with us in Bangkok.
We have long known our employees are our greatest asset and take pleasure in providing our guests with the level of service they have come to expect. I will be sure to share your lovely comments with our staff as an encouragement for a job well done and to motivate them to improve themselves even further.

Looking forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future.

Best Regards
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ching Mai
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I had one night there was large room , excellent mattress and bathroom. I spent mostly my time in squash ,bicycle ,tradmill and lift weight .Howevere the fascinating thing was trainner in Gym ,very helpful to advice , suggest and muscle relax .Conseqently, I found very big stream room and warm water Jacucci beside fitting room whereas crowd of guests. Moreover ,the hotel is close to Sky train just steps from there.

Dear Magkoi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review in Trip Advisor. I will be sure to thank the staff for a job well done and read the note to all of them during our general meeting.

Once again thank you for your kind words and looking forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future.

Best Regards,
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Normally I don't splurge and stay in Four Seasons luxury when in Bangkok (every few months) but this time I'm happy I did! The first good news when I checked in was being greeted by name and told that since the hotel was full I was being given an Upgrade!! Great start! Being escorted to my cabana room (other than by a bell captain) was a rare privilege for me! The large room (#234) and huge bathroom had all the extras that one expects with 5 stars. Over the next 3 days the personal service by all the staff (especially Michaela Waibel) was extra special and made my visit a memorable one! Thank you Four Seasons for taking such great care of me and our group!

Room Tip: Highly recommend one of the few cabana rooms which are on ground level and right next to the swimmin...
1 Thank thadgoff
AviHaksar, General Manager at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear thadgoff,

It is so good to hear that this was your "Best hotel experience in 25 years of visiting Bangkok". Our staff strives to make sure that the guests have a memorable experience and a personalized visit and they have succeeded with flying colors for your stay with us. I will be sure to share this lovely note with all our teams involved and I will recognize the individuals you have mentioned in the note and thank them all for a job well done. Once again thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such a lovely note on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to having you and your group back with us soon.

With Kind Regards
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a review for the spa, not the hotel itself. Considering the competition around town, this spa was not perfect.I had a Thai massage and a foot massage. The rooms were very well-decorated, but there was not a good toilet. The hallways to the spa treatment rooms very attractive, with sloped doorways. The masseuse was strong, as I had requested and attentive when I had some lower back pain while staying in one position for a long time. For the money, they should have a better relaxation area for guests to chill out after the treatment, and/or a place to relax prior. It started off oddly as the front desk clerk seemed surprised to see me and a bit flustered, but I had reserved a week before.
Pet peeve: I wore my own underwear as they do not provide large massage clothing. That's kind of usual, but with all the fat people, like myself in the world, you'd think they could rustle up some elastic pants/shorts.

Dear Tokyo Shirokuma,

I appreciate your constructive feedback for our MSpa. I am glad to hear that the masseuse was to your liking and you enjoyed the decor and the massage rooms. I will be sure to discuss with the team regarding the issue with the availability of clothing for our guests' comfort as well as the enhancement of the arrival and lounge area for prior and post relaxing treatment.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons in the not too distance future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Four seasons hotel bangkok is in a prime location.Its a short walk to the famous four face buddha next to Grand Hyatt Erawan.It also has the advantage of having a skytrain station at its doorstep.
Service as a whole is excellent with most of the front desk staff having a good command of English.the italian restaurant in the hotel has a relaxing ambience with a good standard of italian food.
The only minus i had was i got a room facing the courtyard.at night,the music from the restaurant started streaming up to the rooms coupled with people talking and laughing.So if you need absolute quiet then do not ask for a courtyard room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
AviHaksar, General Manager at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Angela5656,

Thank you very much for taking time to give us a beautiful review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have long known our employees are our greatest asset and they take pleasure in providing our guests with the level of service they have come to expect. Your feedback will be shared with our staff as an encouragement for a job well done and to motivate them to improve themselves even further. Please also let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the noise from the courtyard.

Looking forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future.

Best Regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2012

First the good stuff: Staff are wonderful and warm and the lobby and lounge is beautiful. Air conditioning is strong as is needed and food and beverages excellent especially cocktails.

Sadly the property is showing its age especially if you have to stay in a courtyard room which means walking across a walkway with damaged tiles and a generally grubby feel. Room itself is fine and seemed upgraded but views in the courtyard rooms are pretty poor on the whole. The pool area is ok but the pool needs renovating as it is looking grubby and not of a luxurious standard. Internet has to be paid for also which kind of contradicted what it said on booking.com. We ended up paying about $20 a night for it for 3 devices to connect.

We ate at the Italian restaurant Biscotti which was excellent and the Thai restaurant (Spice Market) which was good but the food was exceptionally spicy. To be fair, they did ask if we wanted spicy and we said yes but weren't expecting it to be so hot. They brought us iced cucumbers, pineapple and even milk to try and cool us down.

We are heading back to Bangkok next week and will stay at the Hilton as it is on the river. However, this hotel is very convenient for the sky train.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the main building
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Mappyuk,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us such a great review in Trip Advisor. We were very happy to hear that staff were hospitable and your stay was enjoyable.
In regards to the walkways, we are in the process of refurbishing these areas and should be done shortly. We are also in the process of touching up the pool area and bringing it up to standard.
Thank you very much for your feedback and we are looking forward to having you back with us in the not so distant future.

Warmest Regards

Carnegie
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Exceptional service and attention to detail.

From the moment we were met by our hotel driver called Jumbo at Bangkok airport we knew we were about to receive excellent service and have a fantastic experience. Without a doubt the 50 minute drive to the hotel was entertaining and informative and on arrival at the Four Seasons in Bangkok we realised how central our hotel was. The hotel used Mercedes Benz C class limos and for around AUD90 each way you have a safe and reliable way of getting to your hotel.

The hotel is located around the corner from Siam Square and all the shopping centres including Siam paragon and MBK were a short walk or just 1-2 stops on the Sky rail.

Our room at the Four Seasons was on the 7th floor and was a deluxe King.
It had a huge King bed, beautiful marble bathroom, plenty of cupboard space, a mini bar with tea and coffee and our daughter loved the huge plasma TV on the wall. Requests from room service and housekeeping were happily attended to and we enjoyed the large lap pool and a number of restaurants while at the hotel. We dined twice at the Italian Restaurant called Biscotti. It was fantastic. The Chef is called Daniel and his is from Rome. Great menu, fantastic service and a highlight was sitting at the Chefs table in front of the kitchen watching all the chefs’ work and prepare meals.
We also had pool side service and ate at the very nice Muffin and cake shop. Breakfast each day was buffet and more than pleased our needs.

While the Four Seasons is not the newest hotel in town it defiantly is amongst the best 5 star hotels you could stay in.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff D
AviHaksar, General Manager at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Mr. Jeff D,

We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok. I will be sure to share these comments with all our staff and personally thank Chef Daniele and his team, as well as Jumbo for making your arrival experience a great one. I am very glad to hear that your time spent with us was most enjoyable and thank you once again from all of us here for such great comments. Please let me know how I may assist with your future travel plans to Bangkok.

Kind Regards