3,391 results
All reviewsrain tree cafesmooth currythe royal club loungeroyal meridienraintree cafeglaz barwireless roadspg memberbreakfast buffetcentral embassythai restaurantdim sumbusiness tripexcellent hotellumpini parkbts stationvisit bangkok
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Have stayed in This hotel for 2 times now and everytime I come back, it's always the same level of impeccably excellent service with excellent hotel room. Will definitely keep coming back to this hotel for my business trips!

Room Tip: Excellent!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank joleen775
Plaza Athenee B... A, Manager at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear joleen775,

Thank you for your kind feedback for the highest standard of service provided by our staff which you have been accustomed to as well as our renovated Thai-colonial guestrooms. We look forward to providing you with more exceptional experience for many years to come.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

The Plaza Athenee has a large and impressive foyer. The check in staff are efficient and friendly. Everything gives an impression of being lavish.
Our room is stylishly decorated with an eye to detail. The room is white, beige, and silver, with contrasting dark brown frames. There are panels of beige wall paper which look like silk. The doors and cupboards are similarly dark brown framed with contrasting panels. There is a large lounge, desk, and flat-screen TV.
The bed is enormous and very comfortable.
The bathroom is also lavish with a bathtub, and a shower with both a rainforest head and hand held.
The room gives an impression of traditional luxury.
The pool is large for a Bangkok hotel, and is tiled in dark blue tiles. Nearby is a bar and seating area, as well as the gym.
When we returned from the pool there were chocolates and fruit waiting for us.
We had dinner in the Reflexions modern French restaurant which was superb.
The breakfast has a huge selection of asian and western dishes, an egg station, a juice station etc. The breakfast staff are very nice, and the dining room itself is light and airy.
This hotel is really well designed. The rooms are extremely comfortable, the restaurants are of a top standard, and the level of service makes you feel very pampered. This hotel is up there with the best Bangkok has to offer.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen P

Dear Stephen P,

Thank you for sharing such a refreshing experience of your stay in the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoy so many aspects of your stay, ranging from our impressive foyer with our grand staircase, our award-winning Thai-colonial guestrooms which was renovated last year Oct 2015 along with all its in-room amenities and bathroom, to our leisure facilities consisting of a resort-styled swimming pool, just next it is our pool-side bar The View and state-of-the art Athenee Fitness.

I am also glad that you had the chance to experience two of most famed restaurants, namely The Reflexions with its modern French cuisine as well as The Rain Tree Café with its wide-variety of signature dishes in the breakfast selection. Most importantly, thank you for your kind words for our excellent staff, it will most definitely be passed on to them.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to have the privilege to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I really enjoyed my short stay at this hotel. I arrived to Bangkok much earlier than expected (around 4am),and went directly to the hotel. I figured they could at the least hold my bags, while I possibly went to the club lounge or visited a morning market until my room was ready. I was pleasantly surprised that they checked me in early without a mention of the time! I've never been to a hotel willing to do that without a fee, so that alone brings this hotel up a notch in my book.

The room was well-sized: not so big that I felt strange to have all the space to myself, but large enough to spread out, unpack, and place my many shopping bags out of the way while having plenty of room to move around. The bed was perfect--soft, with great bedding.

Hotel bathrooms are my favorite part of the experience, and I thought this one was quite nice. Separate tub and shower, with great pressure in the latter. The provided body wash and shampoos were just ok, but I rarely expect much from hotels in this regard and always bring my own anyway.

I was impressed with the layout of the poolside bar/restaurant. Drinks were a bit expensive for Bangkok standards, but probably not for hotel standards. I think my vodka and mixer was around 320 baht...but it came with chips and wasabi nuts, which was a nice touch.

I opted for a club level room and was glad I did. The lounge's continental breakfast had a better spread than I expected, and the cocktail hour appetizers were enough to stand in as dinner in my opinion. The free drinks during cocktail hour also applied to any other restaurant within the hotel, should you want to relax in a different area. I never made it to the afternoon tea unfortunately.
I actually did not end up purchasing food at any point during my weekend visit--eating up at the lounge kept me perfectly full!

Finally, the staff was very friendly from front desk to cleaning service. It really makes a difference.

Overall I'm very happy with my stay! I think I will check out other SPG hotels in my next visits to Bangkok, just for variety, but I do really look forward to coming back to this one!

Room Tip: Club level is worth the inclusions, if you can splurge for it.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank _happy_travelzz_
Plaza Athenee B... A, Manager at The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Dear happy_travelzz_,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel. It is always inspirational whenever a valued guests such yourself shares such positive words for our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to learn that you enjoy so many aspects of your stay such as our guestrooms and bathroom with all its amenities, the layout of our restaurants and bars, the early check-in that was provided complimentary by our hotel and most importantly the most important factor of any hotel, our exceptional staffs.

Besides from complimentary breakfast, evening cocktail with an open bar, guests who has booked our Royal Club Room or any of our Suites also enjoys many other benefits. Once again, thank you for sharing your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for five days on a company event. The rooms are very nice as are the staff and the food in the buffet breakfast area is very good work a lot of options on offer.

I did not use any of the hotel restaurants but several of my colleagues did and were very complimentary.

If I ever had to go to Bangkok of my own accord I would happily stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Andy B

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for taking your time to share your 5 days experience with us in the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed our Thai-colonial styled guestrooms along with our signature breakfast buffet with a wide-variety of choices. Please do feel free to contact me or any of my colleagues for your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

A year passed since I visited Bangkok and had brunch at the Plaza Athenee. This Sunday tried again the place just to find out quality was still the same. Or should I say even better?! Even though they had nice meat (rib eye, lamb chops) it seems to me that most Thai also come for their great choice of fish. Gambas, crab, mussels, oysters, caviar and above all lobster thermidor. Complemented by some good wines and the usual friendly service. Remains a MUST if you visit Bangkok!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Farfar2013

Dear Farfar2013,

Welcome back to The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel. Your kind feedback is a true testimony of our continued efforts in providing only the highest standard of service coupled with mouth-watering cuisines and dishes, thank you.

Your recommendations and kind feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to continue to provide you exceptional Sunday Brunch experience for many years to come.