Stayed in a grand deluxe room, best room I've stayed in of all five star hotels so far:
- huge bathroom
- room is fully supplied with the latest tv & sound system gadgets ( standard for Peninsula chain rooms ) so good for those (like my hubby) who live to music & bring their own tv shows & movies
- etc etc
Food was inconsistent - Asian was not to Bangkok standard, French appears to be best here, buffets are ordinary:
- bread & desserts fantastic (World class, like being in France)
- breakfast buffet - loved the tropical fruit clearly carefully selected best quality, conversely a boring selection otherwise ( not my usual experience at an Asian hotel)
- Lunch buffet - again relatively boring
- Special convention 3 course lunch was an exception - innovative, well prepared while also simple and elegant; delicious. E.g. Caesar salad entree (deconstructed but not the showy tiny plate - a happy normal sized salad just presented prettily and with freshest perfect cos lettuce leaves, the perfect amount of dressing, 'just-so' number of Parmesan shavings, etc etc)
- Thai restaurant menu very limited - but, delicious.
Service lovely - of course Thailand is the land of a thousand smiles, and behind that the Thai people are highly cultured, smart and clued-in
Processes could be improved - little in the way of feedback requests or checks, convention planning process did not prompt for dietary requests which caused us a few problems (we didn't have a good convention planning system either so I'm afraid we - by default - relied on the hotel's experience)
Location & ambience fantastic - loved the breezy, pretty boat rides across the river (and never waited more than 5 minutes) , the tailors and massage and noodle shops and ATMs located within the 100m radius of the Peninsula Pier (loving my new work slacks - finally good copies of my favourite slacks & within 24 hours too!), and same for convenient access to the SkyTrain station aka convenient access to all the cultural & historical sites in Bangkok.
We got a very good rate due to our convention buying power so can't comment on value for money. But within reason, will return here if wanting a five star luxury hotel stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the wave- shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula