My husband and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon travelling around Thailand. The hotel was perfect for our needs: in a wonderful location surrounded by little local streets with friendly food sellers where you can taste the great street food of Thailand. We liked the fact that there weren't lots of other hotels nearby: exploring the little sois at lunchtime, we were the only 'farang' around, and everyone was very friendly.
Hotel free boat shuttle is great, running every half hour to and from the Saphan Thaksin pier, where you can change onto the Skytrain or local boat-buses, to explore the whole city easily and cheaply.
The breakfast buffet was BRILLIANT! absolutely loads of choice of both western and asian dishes (including indian and chinese too, along with japanese and thai). Lovely dining room overlooking the bustling Chao Phraya river.
We had dinner at the hotel on the first night, in the Terrace restaurant. It was nice thai food but pricey compared to the cheap tasty treats you can buy on the streets behind the hotel.
The pool area was very clean and relaxing after a hot day sightseeing. Sunbathers beware: the pool is always in the shade, but you can catch some rays up on the riverside.
Over all we would really recommend this hotel as a decent base in Bangkok. The service was excellent, the food good and the communal areas very nicely decorated. However, in our opinion it is a solid 4 star hotel, but not a 5* luxury hotel as they try to market themselves. The rooms are very clean and smart, but do look a little dated and as such it is not a true 5* hotel. But if you're happy with this, then it's a great choice.
Couple of tips about Bangkok, if you're only there for a couple of days before heading south/north to explore the country:
- The Grand Palace is really stunning and worth a visit despite the tourist hordes.
- Also make sure you get a thai massage at Wat Po temple, a real experience!
- Be brave: use the river boat-buses and the crazy little canal boats too, to avoid the dreadful road traffic.
- We didn't think Jim Thompson's House was much worth a visit, other than for the experience of riding on one of the busy little canal boats...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is located on the eastern bank of the city's legendary Chao Phraya River. This Thai contemporary deluxe hotel sits on an expansive 3.5 acre plot with an impressive 220 metres of exclusive river frontage. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside offers magnificent panoramic views of the river and the Bangkok city skyline. Situated close to Bangkok's Central Business District (CBD) the hotel enjoys easy access to all business, entertainment and shopping zones by BTS SkyTrain, Chao Phraya Express Boat and the inner city Bangkok Expressway. Asiatique, the region's largest night bazaar, is just a leisurely five minute away but guests may also take advantage of the hotel's complimentary Tuk-Tuk shuttle service. The hotel provides frequent, complimentary shuttle boat services to the nearby Saphan Taksin SkyTrain station. The 525 well-appointed Thai-deco inspired guest rooms and spacious suites are furnished tastefully and equipped to meet the needs of today's business and leisure travellers. Choose from a broad selection of luxury room types - from comfortable Deluxe Rooms, Grand Deluxe Rooms and Plaza Suites to spacious Terrace Suites. The hotel's Presidential Suite, with terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi, represents the ultimate in riverside accommodation. Dedicated non-smoking floors as well as 'special needs' accessible guest rooms for the elderly and for the physically challenged are also available. For a memorable culinary experience, guests may choose from one of the hotel's four outstanding, individual restaurants. Lighter snacks and refreshments are available by the outdoor pool and in the lobby lounge. The hotel's Massira Wellness & Spa offers a wide range of massage, beauty and wellness treatments for local and international guests. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is one of the city's most popular MICE venues for business and social gatherings. The 22 function rooms are fully-equipped and the two spacious ballrooms together accommodate up to 1,000 guests in banquet style. The stand-alone Menam Seminar & Convention Hall, which seats up to 600 guests theatre-style, is also a popular choice for social and business events. The hotel's ongoing commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, energy management and environmental conservation has been recognised locally and internationally with many awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Ramada Hotel Bangkok
- Plaza Menam Riverside Ramada