10,272 results
All reviews krungthep wing horizon club the river riverside lounge chi spa krung thep wing the main hotel balcony room dinner cruise health club thai restaurant evening cocktails our honeymoon breakfast buffet five star hotel wonderful hotel sky train station
Reviewed April 4, 2018

With my own eyes, I saw Higher Level & Managers were unfriendly & even rude towards staff. It was done in front of many guests. Its not the Shangri-La that I love about.
I hope my review will improve the situation

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SLBK_Shangrilabkk, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Dear keentraveller892,

Thank you for staying at the Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and thank you for your valuable feedback. It is with great concern that I learn from the things you have witnessed with regards to team members allegedly speaking in an inappropriate manner . I would like to learn more about the details so that we can understand the extend of the concerns, would you mind giving me some more details by e-mail: Jan.Kaiser@shangri-la.com. Your feedback and further details are of utmost importance as the Team and our guests value the Shangri-La culture. . I look forward hearing from you.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We usually spend 3-4 nights here travelling through Bangkok, and it remains a favourite after some years. The location is perfect: on the Chao Phraya river with its
open views, activity, and effective transport, at the Saphan Taksin transfer point with the Skytrain. Inside, its notable feature is its calm spaciousness, making the public rooms comfortable at all times.
Rooms are beautifully fitted in tropical hardwood, comfortable beds, and have every facility. They typically have a window seat, giving a panoramic river view. Large, comfortable bathrooms.
Breakfast seems to be popular, and we usually avoid the buffet in favour of the a la carte menu served to a table on the terrace. Wide choice of food available at all times, and served beautifully. Recommend the lounge for snacks and drinks.
The entrance to the hotel's Krungthep Wing is opposite the Skytrain Station (air-conditioned walkthrough from the wing to the main Shangri-La Hotel). Rooms in the Krungthep Wing are little more expensive, but we generally prefer the main hotel. Both wings have pools and well-appointed terraces.
The hotel offers a rare city-centre combination of calm space, quiet and self-sufficiency that allows genuine relaxation during a travel schedule.

Room tip: Choose a river view. Use the hotel transfer service from the airport.
Date of stay: March 2018
2  Thank bmozz
SLBK_Shangrilabkk, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear bmozz,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and many thanks for sharing your review. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed an overall exceptional stay here. Your kind compliments about our room, view, location, and our foods are highly appreciated. It was indeed all our pleasure having you on a visit and we are already looking forward to welcome you back in a near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

krungtenp-wing's Riverside Lounge is very good.
It was my first time staying at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, but it was very fulfilling.
Following Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo,and Taipei, I came to Bangkok for the third place, but for now Bangkok is No. 1.
Everyone in the hotel staff was very warm, friendly and relieved. Also, Japanese staff also came.
When I was having a happy hour, I was able to have a very good time with Ms, Oui 's warm correspondence.
I was troubled when making reservations with Horizon Club and krungtenp - wing. However, it was correct in krungtenp-wing. I will surely choose krungtenp-wing when I next visit Bangkok.
Thankyou.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear 857keisukem,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Krungthep Wing, Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and for your review. We are happy to read about your overall pleasant stay and appreciate your kind compliments and recommendations. I am also happy to hear that Ms. Oui has provided a professional services. We wish to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

A great hotel in the right area. has all that one would want riverside views beautiful rooms has it all including a
river boat that takes you to a great area for food, and booths with everything you are looking for.

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear fred918,

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing us a review. I wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

This review has been delayed only because of ongoing issues with our UK tour operator. The Shangri La is an amazing hotel with two quality wings. We stayed in the upmarket Krungthep wing based on past experience with a great breakfast included. The room could do with more drawer space but is large & the bed is very comfortable. Make sure your room comes with a balcony as views over the river at night are spectacular with boats lit with many lights floating over the Chao Phraya river as if they were floating on air. Our first night included an included dinner at the 'Next To' cafe with the most incredible array of foods it's better than most restaurants. Breakfasts are equally good & the afternoon tea in the lounge over looking the river offer as much as you could want to eat. The hotel staff are so efficient & friendly it makes your stay & on my wife's birthday we had a pre ordered cake -at no cost-delivered to our room with a porter singing 'Happy Birthday' Two trips we recommend are the Shangri La's own Horizon river cruise with an immense buffet dinner & the Mandarin Oriental's traditional Thai dance show & dinner at the Sala Rim Nam across the river. This is via the Oriental's own boat you pick up from the nearby pier. The concierge will show you where to catch the boat. You won't regret seeing this show & with dinner is around £50 per person & worth every penny/dollar/bhat. Stay here and enjoy the overall Shangri La experience.

Room tip: Choose a room with balcony overlooking the river and push your financial boat out by staying in the Krungthep wing!
Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank welwynpete

Dear elwynpeteม

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Krungthep Wing on your recent visit. We highly appreciate you taking your time to write such a detailed review. We are very happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience throughout your stay. Thank you for your kind compliments and your personal recommendations about our location, service, food and amenities. Makes us happy that you had the time to experience our Horizon Cruise as well. It was indeed all our pleasure to have you, and we already look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok again soon.