All reviews suan plu bedroom apartment cosmetic surgery tuk tuk washing machine and dryer sathorn area home away from home full kitchen long stay pool and gym living area taxi ride definitely stay here again big room street food bts station silom
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here. We booked a one-room apartment which was spacious, clean, and well air-conditioned. The staff are very friendly and helpful (almost overly-attentive!) and the gardens in front of the property are lovely. It is always a delight to come back to this hotel after spending a hot and tiring day in Bangkok.
Security is also very good here with all vehicles screened on entry to the hotel grounds.

Two minor quibbles: 1. lots of water ended up on the bathroom floor every time we showered, making it slippery, and, 2. the breakfast had very limited options for we vegetarians (though it would be fine for meat-eaters).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you for your favourable review of your 3rd stay with us. I am very pleased to read you and your friends continue to enjoy our property and rooms. Whilst we are located in Sathorn, it is very easy to get to the Skytrain BTS in nearby Silom, either by our complimentary Tuk Tuk service or by taxi. (to walk is about 15 mins) Taxis are very reasonably priced and easy to get. We look forward to welcoming you back to Somerset Park Suanplu soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful no matter what time of day or night. Whatever you asked, if they had no answer they would exhaust all means to ensure you were satisfied! The rooms were so clean you could eat off the floors, plus my room had an excellent view of Bangkok. The breakfast buffet had a great variety and was always well stocked. Additionally it was very sanitary; as soon as i was done eating, the dirty plates were removed immediately. Another bonus is your room prices includes an overnight guest. Also it features a spa with massage service(professional) which i personally don't recommend due to the prices. There are a few massage parlors(professional), but i used the one directly across the street for half the price and they do an excellent job. The price is about 6 USD for 1 hour which is the cheapest you will find anywhere! The location was also a bonus; it was close to a few corner stores and the side walks were full of portable food stands which were veeeerrrrry cheap but good. It is also not far from the mall(can't remember the name of the mall) but taxis, tuk tuks, and trains are all very reasonably priced. You will not be disappointed with this hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor available, along with a complimentary upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay experience. I am really pleased to read my staff have excelled in customer service during your stay.
Our professionally operated Spa, Heavenly Spa, operates with only the best Jurlique Natural Skin Care Products and offer a complete 'Spa Experience' within the prices charged. Yes, there are certainly many choices for "massage" anywhere in Thailand that can suit any budget. However, I truly believe you pay for what you receive and experience.
Thank you for recommending us to future travellers and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I always stay in this hotel whenever we have more than 2 persons and had stayed here for more than 3 times. This time, we had the 3-bedroom apartment for 7 people. It's so spacious that I'm taken aback. It has a living room, a dining area, a (well equiped) kitchen, a study area, 3 bedrooms (all with attached bathrooms) and a toilet. This is a really good choice for people travelling in groups. And it's value for money too, considering the big group and the big space. The apartment is clean and you will get bottled water replinished everyday.
It's located near the MBK, Siam Square etc. Although it's not within walking distance (you can try but not too sure how long it will take) to the usual malls, it's pretty accessible by taxi.
Breakfast is good with a decent variety (both hot and cold).
All in all, it's my 1st choice whenever I travel to Bangkok with groups.

Room Tip: Check out their website first. They might have a better deal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Booked our holiday from 18th of july till the 30th, first impression of our room was huge! A seperate kitchen, dining area, tv & sofa was provided. In comparison of bed-only room (like the year before @ hotel Tivoli bangkok ) this is a huge improvement. We were feeling home rightaway!
About the room: lot of space and nice details but the room is getting to have its wear and tear due to its intensive usage. If you arent to picky about some redwine stains on the sofa cushion, some scratches on the sofa table or the dusty curtain.... But oh well, it could happens everywere. Bathroom are still ok but the faucets got their age and should be renovated on a short term. As we were staying on the 18th floor we have a great view over bangkok but this view will be blocked by a nearby 30 floor construction in the future. Each room have a free wifi connection which is a big plus, such as writing this review in the sofa... Breakfast is ok, the general standard between asian and international food, but the choices are a bit limited as you're staying here for two weeks. I am missing some fresh dairy products for example.
The hotel staff are lovely and very friendly as we passing the security outside the hotel or the lobby we were warmly greeted each time.... Till we were almost get bored :)

The sheltered swimming pool could be improved, the swimming water was doubtful as it was not clear and loaded with Chlorine!

The hotel is located nearby a busy street with a lot of food stalls and a 7eleven shop, but for the BTS I am not thinking about to walk to the station in the baking sun, as you've to cross a 2x5 Sathorn lane. There is a free tuk tuk to the BTS saladeang in day time.
But when you're staying here with 3+ persons, taking the taxi is cheaper than the public transport and you are in the heart of central bangkok.

But my overall impression, i'll stay here again due its price/quality/location and the warm staff! A+

Room Tip: Ask reception to see a few rooms before checking in, as some rooms have a better lay out and view, ask for high floors
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chineseboy2000
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the larger room with kitchen, dining and living room separate to the bedroom. Being a serviced apartment this is offered in all rooms as a difference to hotel rooms.
We are currently in discussions to perform a soft refurbishment which will replace some furniture and fittings due to some wear and tear. Overall, I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and pleased to read you will choose us again due to the good staff service combined with value, quality and location.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

First impression of this place was "wow!"... the garden is lovely, lobby service fabulous and the room is HUGE, with a view right across Bangkok (admittedly not a very pretty one though).

We had a few specific places in Bangkok where we had to go and we found them all to be quite far from the hotel, so we started to think we may be in the middle of nowhere, but alas, we're actually right in the middle of it. I think the main problem is that the roads in this city are so terribly congested, travel by anything but train during certain times is a very time consuming affair. The train station is very close - you can walk it, but it quite hot and the air is so polluted it's very unpleasant. When the roads are congested, this means you can't get anywhere fast.

There's a coin laundry in the hotel but it's quite expensive to use - cost us around $10 for a big load (ok, so it's not going to break the bank just yet..). The massage upstairs was shocking and overpriced - definitely avoid that one. Haven't tried breakfast but not expecting much joy there since we're vegetarian and have high standards when it comes to food (a hotel brekkie very rarely does the job). Went to print out a document to find the business center doesn't exist and printing is done at reception at a cost of 15 BHT per page (very expensive). So not great for business really.

The kitchen is great - they even clean the dishes and put everything away for you every day. Nice! The shower got clogged one day and they sent up a guy with a plunger to fix it - no idea why they thought this would do the trick, it didn't. Cleaning ladies fixed it the next day though. Oh yes - my partner tells me the shower has a bit of mould in between the tiles. It looks ok to me, but I'm shortsighted and don't wear my glasses/contacts in the shower so I may be missing it.

The main gripe here would be the noise... there's a bit of construction work going on nearby - nothing major but it wakes me up every morning (not early risers here...). The other noise is from the cleaning ladies, whose REALLY loud phone seems to be permanently stationed in the corridor and rings incessantly. This not only wakes me up, but annoys me all day long when I'm trying to work. If you're not going to be in the room during the day then I guess it won't bother you though.

All in all, we like having a kitchen since we cook and prepare food now and then to keep healthy whilst traveling. We got a pretty good price for this place on the internet (agoda) and for that price i think we're doing pretty well to have all this space and the amenities. So we probably will stay here again, despite the few little shortcomings.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2011

Thank you for your overall positive review about your recent stay with us. We do appreciate the time taken to give us your feedback.
The guest coin laundry actually costs THB107nett (including VAT) per load for washing and drying (or approx US$3.50 each). Our Business Centre name will be changed to 'Internet Access'- thanks for your feedback on this item as being a serviced residence, we have small demand for such services. We will also update this in our property information. Thanks also for pointing out the telephone disturbance created from our staff trying to contact our room maids on the floors. We are reviewing this procedure to see if we can come up with another or better communication system, hence trying not to disturb our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Bangkok and Somerset soon.