All reviewssuan plucosmetic surgerybedroom apartmenttuk tukwashing machine and dryersathorn areahome away from homefull kitchenlong staypool and gymliving areataxi ridedefinitely stay here againfree shuttlehousekeeping staffbig roomstreet food
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My husband and I spent our holidays in Bangkok last Feb 25-28. We stayed at Somerset Park Suanplu for 4 nights. I've stayed in Citadines in Paris(Bastille Marais) and Ascott Dubai so I had to try Somerset this time on our stay in Thailand. The three never failed to impress me so far.

I made my reservation and arranged everything through email which was more comfortable for me since they response swiftly. Upon arriving in the airport, we were escorted by a private service to the hotel (which you have to pay extra). At the hotel, I find the staff friendly and helpful. I was pleased that most of them speak in English which was rather easy for us to communicate with them.

Our room is a 1-Bedroom Executive on the 23rd floor and it was massive! We were delighted to see the room and we even had a great view of the city from the balcony and bedroom. The bedroom executive/premier is advisable to people staying for longer days. We were able to cook our favorite dish since the kitchen amenities provided were just spot on. An automatic washing machine is also provided, so you can wash your clothes at your comfort.

The hotel offers a free tuk tuk service to the nearest sky train. So it was easy to explore the city from there. If you would want a taxi instead, the hotel staff will assist you in getting one. At the lobby, there is a small tourist guide area that offers different kinds of day trips, group tours, private tours, etc. all you would need to explore Thailand. I forgot her name, but she is really helpful and will give you so many choices for your day trips.

We had a look at their indoor swimming pool and gym which was nice although we didn't had a time to spend much.

The buffet breakfast was really good! They have a variety of selections. From breads, rice, thai curry (my fave!), eggs, veggies, noddles, fruits, cereals, etc.

The staff from the hotel and the restaurant were all in all very friendly and helpful. Thai people in general actually! I realize now why they call there place the city of smiles. The hotel amenities were really a good value for money and would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors would definitely give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2012

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Somerset Park Suanplu. I am pleased to read that we have met your stay expectations and that our staff have given you that wonderful Thai service experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Somerset or at any of our serviced residences globally.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've stayed at the Somerset over 5 times in the last 3 years. It's always been one of my favorite properties but in my last stay I noticed a reduction in quality.

1. they no longer had soaps and toiletries in the room, instead it was replaced by push button liquid soap in the shower and next to the sink.

2. in the fitness center, several pieces of equipment were broken and worn, these needed to be replaced over a year ago, still haven't been.

3. tuktuk service not as timely as once was.

I realize these are minor to many people, but for the price and compared to the last time I stayed there it was a reduction in quality.

I really love Somerset, I hope they will fix these issues soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kyushin
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear Traveller from South Korea,
Thank you for your feedback and continual support of Somerset Park Suanplu. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do appreciate your time to respond.
1. The entire Ascott Limited globally has recently changed the supply of guest bathroom amenities to Eco Friendly products. For more information on this Green Initiative you can visit our Go Green @ Ascott available on our website
However, should you prefer to use soap bars on your next stay, we certainly can accommodate this 'on request' to our Housekeeping Department. We understand that some guest prefers this option and we can supply this during your stay.
2. Our Health Club Manager confirms all Gym equipment is in good working order. Whilst sometimes items do fail, they are promptly repaired. This gym equipment is checked regularly by the Team. However, I would appreciate any feedback on specific machines or exercise items you found not working? Please email me at enquiry.bangkok@the-ascott.com 3. The complimentary Tuk Tuk service operates every 30 minutes from 8.30am-6pm daily and the service was increased from the previous hourly transfer, hence creating twice as many transfers. Appreciate if you can enlighten me on the issue of fewer transfers you may have experienced during your last stay?
We thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Somerset soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

One of the good serviced apartment hotels I have ever stayed. Just home away from Home. Good breakfast selections, Friendly staff and main amenities required for a house provided. Though it is located approximately 15 minutes away from the sky train station, they provide free tuk tuk service every one hour to the mall & station.

It is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed are good
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hisham S
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your positive review about your recent stay. I am pleased our apartment style accomodation met your Family requirements when travelling.
Our Tuk Tuk complimentary service to BTS Skytrain, departs every half hour from 830am with last departure at 6pm, everyday.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

We are a family of five, so finding affordable places to stay can be tricky. These apartments are massive and very well appointed. They offer spectacular views of the city and are well located. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. Breakfasts were buffet style and offered plenty of choice. But the best thing about the apartments are the apartments themselves. They are so spacious, immaculately clean and very comfortable. I would highly recommend them to families visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aligscott

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your positive review of Somerset Park Suanplu and for recommending our apartment sytle accomodation to other travellers.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Somerset Park Suanplu is a great place to stay when in Bangkok. I would rate Somerset as one of the best places to stay whilst in Bangok when travelling by yourself or with your family. The staff are great, rooms are big and modern and the prices is good value. Staff are quick to assist and offer there local knowledge and experience. I have been staying at Somerset for about 10 years and it only gets better each time.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of apartments both on lower levels and higher ones both are quite, large and have ample light and well fitted outt. There is also very little noise from staff and guests whtin the building. It is a home away from home. The apartments also provide free internet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank John4277

Dear Frequent Visitor to Somerset Park Suanplu,
I am very pleased to read your review of your recent stay and delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays over a 10 year period.
We sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again.