All reviewssuan plucosmetic surgerybedroom apartmenttuk tukwashing machine and dryersathorn areahome away from homefull kitchenlong staypool and gymliving areataxi ridedefinitely stay here againfree shuttlehousekeeping staffbig roomstreet food
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Location is great: 15 minutes walk from SkyTrain station, complimentary tuk-tuk every 30min to SkyTrain station. But taxis are also cheap: 30-100 Bath to take you nearly anywhere in town. You find a taxi every 5 meters!
Apartment is spacious, fully equipped, clean and the higher the floor: the better view.
Very good quality of bed and pillows.
Nice swimming pool on the 5th floor with water that is not too hot (often a problem in Asian hotels).
Staff is extremely friendly and very efficient.
Breakfast is very good (250Bath) with Western as well as plenty of Asian dishes to choose from.
One minor point: the air-conditioning units are on the terrace and this causes noise during the night.
Don't use the travel agent who sits near the reception: you get better much deals elsewhere and most of the 'packages' they offer are super tourist 'traps' that often end in a local gem store.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor: the view is better, you have less street noise and no mosquitos. Also ask for an apartment where the terrace is in the living room and not in the bedroom: as the airco units are outside on the terrace and noisy ....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear IvofromBelgium,
Many thanks for your great review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found the product and services to exceed your expectations.
In regards to the independant tour desk that operates in our Lobby, I have shared with them your comments. Most group tours offer day travellers options to visit local handicrafts shops including gem shops. Like any traveller, they may opt not to enter such establishments if not interested. On that matter I have asked them to ensure they clearly inform guests of this part of the tour.
Once again, thanks for your valuable comments and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed there for my second time in the first week of October 2012. Once again I was happy with my stay. The rooms are large and well appointed, and overall comfortable even if the aircon is a little cold. They have a good sized kitchen and a balcony if you want to get a breath of non air-conditioned air.

The front desk staff were reasonably pleasant, though easily distracted and tended to dive off and deal with someone else while still half way through my queries. Overall though I thought they were good.

Breakfasts are good with a wide selection of Thai and euro foods. Personally I preferred the Thai options while I was there, more flavor.

The tuk tuk service to Silom is useful and saved a hot walk down Convent to the nearest BTS. The hotel itself is close to the Silom bar strip and to several other hotels and eateries.

All in all I was happy with the place and no doubt I will be staying there again when I return to Bangkok.

Room Tip: See if you can get a higher room so you have a view and a breeze.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Valter N, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Kiwi_acct,

Many thanks for your positive review of your second stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here in the 2 bedroom apartment...very spacious.. getting abit old... not sure about the age of the building but you get what you payfor, I think it a 3.5-4 star....I reckon it could easly be a 4.5 with a reno.

The service here is very good. door man and porters were great along with counterstaff. The tour person was abit of a rip off.

Door man usually helps you out with ensuring the taxis using meters..which saves any problems later on.

The premise is pretty safe, the building is 30 meters up a drive way from the road with a security guard looking after the gate.

Breakfast is average. Lots of street markets next to the building. 7 11 and a few banks just downstairs of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Andy K

Dear Andy K,

Many thanks for your review.

I am pleased you found our residence price competitive, safe and with porfessional service from my staff.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at Somerset Park in early September 2012, for 1 night stopover enroute to Phuket. In tow were my partner, our 1 year old daughter and my partners mum. Arrived at the hotel around 9pm, greeted by friendly and efficient staff at reception and escorted to our 2 bedroom self contained apartment. We booked the hotel through Wotif.com at a pretty good price and were interested to see if they'd give us a nice apartment - which they did! The room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. The 2 bedroom apartments are quite large - plenty of room for 3-4 adults and for our daughter to burn off energy before bed!
Good: Clean, spacious, friendly staff, good location (7/11 and ATM's less than a 2 minute walk), Wifi excellent.
Bad: Shower pressure weak, bed hard, furnishings old and need updating
All-in-all though a pleasant place to stay for our stop over

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
polevalter, General Manager at Somerset Park Suanplu, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Traveller from Burleigh Heads, Australia
Thank you for your review of your one night stay with us. I am pleased to read we met your expectations in both service, location and quality. We hope that you may spend a longer stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

great valued 1 bedroom apartment in the heart of the Embassy District of South Sathorn. 5 minute taxi to Silom and all the nightlife area. Rooms very large and service not too bad . Buffet breakfast was good .wifi in the room not too bad but it is thailand.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobR0

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.
I am pleased you found 'great value' for money and my Team look forward to welcoming you back in the future.