I was sent to Bangkok for business in mid November 2012 & was put up in the Somerset Park Suanplu.
The location of this hotel is not great for tourists as many sites are a fiar walk away (except for the night markets). This hotel & the surrounding hotels seem to be set up for the business traveller as there are many corporate offices & embassy's in walking distance.
I stayed in a 2 bedroom (2 bathroom) apartment. It was great & had everything you needed but way too big for 1 person.
In addtition to the 2 rooms, bathrooms there was a fully equiped kitched, large living area, spacious meals area, large entry foyer, large balcony & separate room with laundry facilities.
The room was very clean, some older aspects in the fixtures but you can easily not notice it. The shower pressure was quite weak & the water not that hot which really was the only disappointing aspect of the room.
Breakfast is included in rates & there was an omelete bar in addition to a sumptious array of options for all types of travellers.
The hotel also had a very good Health Spa on level 5 along with a gym, exercise room,outdoor pool (but under cover), outdoor spa, sauna & steam room.
Like most Thai hotels there was always at least 2 bottles of water (for drinking & brushing your teeth) & the rate was very afforadable ($100 USD) per night for the 2 bedroom & about $70 USD for the 1 bedroom - but most things are very cheap in Thailand.
Lastly, the hotel offers free restricted wi-fi. If you want to use the faster unrestricted version it costs less than $2 USD per hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These modern and superbly appointed serviced residences are nestled in a private garden, just minutes from the business district of Silom and Sathorn Road. Ideal for corporate housing and interim accommodation, each residence is designed for the discerning individual with contemporary designs and modern technological conveniences. Within walking distance to many business, cultural and tourist destinations, there is also convenient access or easy walk to Lumpini subway station will get you around Bangkok efficiently. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Somerset Park Suanplu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Park Suanplu Bangkok
- Somerset Park Suanplu Hotel Bangkok