See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Booked this hotel for the second time, location good for our purpose, if you look for the main tourist attraction the location is a bit off. All in all a pleasant stay. We arrived 8 am and the staff let us check in at 10 am, much appreciated, after a long flight. The hotel is an old lady but all works, and the discount from the different web sites make it a fine deal. Breakfast is nice and a bit to the Chinese style. All in all fine experience.

Room Tip: can not recommend any has always stayed on 10th floor that works.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank søren P
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel was ok. The rooms were also ok, but it smelled mouldy and the water in the toilet was light brown when we arrived. After a few flushes the water had a normal colour again. There was free water in glass water bottles everydat which was a big plus!

They offer wifi in the lobby, but you have to pay for it. Which i think in this day and age is unacceptable.

The breakfast was fine, and the staff was nice though very slow. I didn't have dinner there so I have no idea about the quality of those dishes.

The outdoor pool was heaven after a hot day in the sun!

The big dissapointment for me was the distance to the centre. We were there with a group and normally had transportation arranged for us. But if you have to arrange it yourself it is quite a trip by tuktuk or bus. About half an hour or so.

Room Tip: If you book a room that's not to high up, you might be able to use the wifi you bought for usage in the lobby in you room. We had it on the 4th floor on our first visit, but not on the 7th floor on our second visit.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Saskia d
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel on two occasions and found it cheap, clean and in the location I needed.
The rooms are clean, have air con, hot water and staff are friendly. If you are looking for a cheap hotel and need to stay in this part of town, it's cheap and cheerful.

The hotel is dated but you get what you pay for, I would have no hesitation in going back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnC2009
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here whilst on a work assignment and worked well with location. Having central pinklao with movies and shops so close and in walking distance was excellent. The floor staff were helpful, when I wanted to catch a cab to the grand palace they spoke Thai to the cabbie to make sure I was going to the right place with little difficulty. Internet was a bit slow and when you are travelling away from home for a long time having good Internet can be the difference between good accommodation and bad. Breakfast was ok, being a westerner I would of liked just a slightly better taste of home but having said that I never left hungry.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Matthew N
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My best friend and I stayed here solely out of convenience....the area I needed to be in was accessible by the elevated highway which is right next to the hotel, and I spent a lot of time in the Pinklao area--Central Pinklao was within walking distance, as were many small shops and food stands. This area is not convenient to most of the touristy stuff though, so be warned.

Getting to the good stuff....this hotel was not quite what I expected. When we arrived, the staff were very friendly, and showed us to our room. Immediately after stepping off the elevator we were hit in the face with a moldy smell which permeated the whole floor and our room. I had requested a room with a double bed, and the one they gave us had one, so we ended up having to switch rooms. The vent in the room had mold growing around it, knobs on the minibar doors were broken, as well as several lamps (one had the socket hanging right off of it...dangerous!), the armchair in the room was also stained. When my friend pulled back the covers on her bed, there were multiple stains on the sheets, though the housekeeping staff did change them when we requested. The bathroom was no better. There was mold growing on the ratty shower curtain and water was leaking from the ceiling--most likely from the bathroom upstairs. The A/C also gave me horrible problems with my allergies. All in all, this made for a very uncomfortable hotel stay. The only thing good about the hotel was the rooftop pool/garden. It had a beautiful garden, views of the city, and my friend and I had it all to ourselves. Still, it wasn't enough to earn this place a better rating. Luckily, we did not spend much time in the hotel and our stay was short.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends