“Great Service, very friendly staff & lovely paella!”
Review of HOLA Spanish Food

HOLA Spanish Food
Ranked #1,886 of 11,620 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: HOLA BARCELONA Spanish food, its a new restaurant in Bangkok offering Spanish food, specially tapas and paella, also offering only Spanish wines! There are really very few Spanish restaurants in Bangkok and this one is bringing a fresh atmosphere and really good quality tapas, for their taste and their authenticity.They are just getting started so hurry up and come to the heart of Thonglor and enjoy with our open show kitchen!
Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Pleasant atmosphere with friendly & attentive staff.

The food was quite nice and well priced however, the garlic mushrooms were swimming in oil and were a little bit bland. The Paella was yummy!

Only concern I had was that a little cockroach decided to join in for desert, from under the desert plate!

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

My second time visit Bangkok Thailand. I was hungry 3 hours flight from Singapore,thanks for my good friend of mine, who brought me in a great " Hola Barcelona Restaurant" excellent the food is amazing,the owner are fantastic and all the staff are friendly,it feels like home.Great atmosphere and have a bonus watching my favorite Barcelona football team, had a Spanish food, soup that you never forget"gazpacho"served cold usually with a tomato base fantastic.And meat balls,garlic prawns and broken eggs.I will definitely be back highly recommended.

1  Thank Yani888
Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

On my friends' recommendation, I thouroughly enjoyed this Spanish restaurant. Nice tapas and very good paella. Good service and atmosphere. They also have happy hour everyday from 3-6pm when you can have wine or cava for 179baht and each one comes with free tapas of your choice. Sangria can be had as one with red wine or with cava. This restaurant also claims to have the only black paella(made with squid ink) in Bangkok. I will certainly go back there again.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Let's start from the positive netes: the Thai manager was speaking a fluent Spanish, there were many Spanish flags and the shirt of Barcelona FC (Messi).

When we entered there were 5 or 6 people dining and anyway one of the plates was served more than 30 minutes after the order, and anyway we sent it back as it was not good at all.

The rest of the food was below average: nothing that I will eat again.

What impressed me was the price: two people at 1980 thb. Exaggerate if you consider that the beverage was 1 beer and 1 small water.

Moreover, they did not even cancelled from the bill the plate we rejected: UNACCEPTABLE.

The most expensive item was the "1/2 Assorted Coldcuts" at 840 thb + vat. The quantity was modest and the quality below expectation.

The manager, a lady, was quite attentive and hospitable, but we were seeking for good food and we failed. A total waste of time, money and mood.

Indeed we will not be back and I will recommend Messi not get involved anymore in such operations.

3  Thank BaraneseDOC
Reviewed 6 August 2014

After a trip to Barcelona last month, we want to look for a place that we can have Spanish food. The decoration is simple and cosy on the far end but the left side from entrance looks a bit messy. We were only table at lunch and our food even though prepared by Thai lady chef were up to good standard from tapas to paella similar to what we had in Barcelona. We will return again for sure.