Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com
Agoda.comUS$19
eDreamsUS$19
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

I’ve now stayed at this hotel several times and cannot say enough about how much I enjoy it.
It’s a very small property that has a great restaurant on the first floor with good coffee and excellent food. This hotel is a no frills, no pool, no bellman kinda place and if your not able to get yourself around probably book elsewhere however if you are a traveler that enjoys staying in a really cool authentic part of the city this is for you, they keep with Thai tradition and you leave your shoes on first floor and thus the place is really clean. Cannot stress enough for the rate you pay it’s an excellent clean room with windows that open if your here in cool season. Also excellent Coffee House across the street called the Blue Whale between this and the restaurant downstairs your set for coffee and food. The river boat dock is just down the street and Wat Po is across the street, I recommend if you stay here do yourself a favor and go over to the Wat just after sunrise as it’s amazing and you have it to yourself. There is some street traffic noise in the morning but it’s just really a great experience here. Enjoy!!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kellymon
Reviewed November 18, 2017

We were there for two nights. Location is great and had rooms with a view of the Wat Pho temple. You get what you need. The building is locked by mid-night and was quite (most of the time) despite being next to Wat Pho. Very easy to pick up food – near by restaurants and street food vendors give you lot of choices from expensive to inexpensive. Places open up with traditional soups even from 7 AM. Cross the street to Wat Pho and 10min walk to Grand Palace, and Wat Arun ferry like 5 min away. Staff helpful most of the time. Enjoyed the surrounding more than anything else, place clean, free Wifi, no shoes inside (which I like) and very quite guests. Room 4 was the best with views and an attic with a Window. Room 1 has decent views but closer to the street.

First day got woken up at 3 AM – street cleaning people were making a lot of noises. Staff generally friendly but few appear to be non-genuine. One thing I noticed is the different treatment given for European looking tourists and non European looking. One European visitor wanted to get the boarding pass printed and no issue – email given and they said will print it. But for me no such treatment – take it to a shop to get printed. General comment we noticed same behaviour in many places.

Room tip: Room 4 has a great view (has an attic with a soft mattress)
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2017

This hotel was right in front of the Wat Pho. Room was on the top floor with a view of the Wat Pho rooftop. Easy access to the ferry, so easy to reach the skytrain. Room was clean, with clean beddings and free bottled water, has a restaurant serving authentic thai food next door. I would say this hotel has character and I think this used to be an old house and was converted into a hotel. The furnishing is old and all wood. Not very modern but at the same time ahs a certain charm to it. There is no elevator, wooden steps are narrow and occasionally uneven. Didn't have a problem with it but might be an issue as there are no handicap access or the elderly.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Short version: Stay "AWAY" from this Hotel.

Long version: My wife and I got to this hotel in Bangkok around 10am, our check-in time at this (pre booked) hotel was 2pm. Although I had requested an early check-in while making the reservation 2 weeks in advance but the hotel never bothered to reply.
We got to the hotel around 10am, the front desk lady seemed like she either hated her job or our faces. She wasn't courteous at all, wasn't welcoming or smiling and was speaking the bare minimum to get her message through. We were told the check-in will be at 2pm but we can leave our stuff in the 2nd floor lobby and come back when it's time. The hotel has 30 flights of really narrow stairs and nowhere in the reservation it was mentioned that there is no bell boy and neither did that front desk lady bothered to tell us. We walked upstairs and saw bunch of housekeeping girls in the lobby servicing the rooms, I asked one of them if she or someone in the staff can bring our luggage upstairs. She didn't say anything but went downstairs and then brought our luggage up. This is a small hotel, it has only 8 rooms in one building and probably 8 in the other 30m away building that i didn't see. As far i could see other than 1, all rooms were vacant and already serviced but the front desk lady was just not interested in giving us a room early. Well anyways we got ready and came downstairs, I asked the front desk lady that I am leaving all my luggage behind in the lobby will it be safe?, she tells me if you are so worried then take it with you. I (very respectfully) asked, I am fine with leaving my luggage behind but will it be safe? and this time she says very rudely how many times do I have to tell you. I was surprised by her reaction and again very respectfully said lady your job is customer service and you are definitely not providing that right now. I can ask you something 10times and you should answer me 10times because that's your job. Point to note: It wasn't like she was busy or there were a lot of guests standing in line. She was literally just sitting and watching some funny YouTube video out loud on the computer that she didn't even bother muting or pausing while she talked to us and all her attention was towards that video. After I gave her a customer service realization check, she tells me we have 10 cameras in this hotel and if my staff or anyone steals from guests luggage, we'll have footage. I said very good then but this is the first time you are telling me this so stop being rude. She looks at my face and tells me 'Shut Up!'. I have traveled the world and stayed in luxurious hotels to small hotels & AirBnBs but never have I ever heard someone at the front desk of a hotel say 'Shut Up' to me. I was stumped and totally lost it after that, i asked, "Did you just say Shut Up to me?" and she (without showing any regret) said, "Yes I did". At that point i got really furious and said I want to speak to your manager, she says my name is Yay Yay and that's the number of my manager on the wall. Go talk to anyone you want, I don't care. I shouted at her and said don't you dare talk to me like this and she said, "You Indian people always create problems." Although i have no relation to India (but even if i did that's not the point), i said lady I am not Indian, I am from the US. She says, "I don't care what your nationality is and if you are not Indian, your parents must be or grandparents must be. You all are the same." My blood was boiling and at that point. Other members of the staff gathered up and she tells them this Indian customer is creating a scene. I see an older white couple walking into the hotel that she greeted, i saw them go up the stairs, i asked them very nicely that if they were staying in this hotel when they said Yes. I told them what she did to me to inquire if they have been treated the same, they replied nopes we didn't have any problem. So I realized that this front desk lady is probably a racist and only likes Thai and White people. Anyone who doesn't look White, she treats them like filth. As soon as the couple went upstairs she tells me "You Have a Big Mouth". I said okay then I will reach out to millions of people over the Internet and let them know how you treat guests in this hotel and I will also talk to your manager. She stayed indifferent and didn't care at all. I stepped outside the hotel and called her Manager. I explained him what had just happened and most surprisingly the manager says I will have to look into it, maybe you were not polite with my staff. I was blown away at first but then realized why the front desk lady was so indifferent because she knew her manager is going to take her side. I told the manager to go watch the CCTV footage and listen to what she said to me. He calls me back after half an hour and complaints that why did i shout and why did i talk to that other couple and why did i make the hotel staff carry my luggage upstairs when they have no bell boy. I clarified the manager very respectfully that if someone is going to be rude to me, tell me to shut up, makes racist comments then ofcourse I wont just keep smiling. Plus I had no idea that the weird hotel does not take your luggage up the stairs when there is no elevator. The manager then admits that the front desk lady is not the politest person to do the job but i was at fault too. I was in a state of shock that how low this manager is going to go to defend a disgruntled staff member. The Manager then had the audacity to tell me that now the staff doesn't like you so you won't get good customer service, i would recommend that you should go to another hotel. I was surprised that instead of bringing his own own house in order, he is asking the customer to leave. I then said No, I am going to stay (i only had 1 night stay anyways) and i want to witness how your staff treats me (because i wanted the entire world to know through TripAdvisor).

We came back later in the afternoon, we were assigned a room by another front desk person and I thought maybe the manager moved the rude woman to another duty because he realized she is not the best person for the job however the same night when we came back from outside, i saw her again at the front desk. She didn't bother saying hello or welcome to us and totally ignored us as we walked in.

My biggest dilemma that while i was complaining to that lady about her job and her unprofessionalism, she was making personal attacks in return by Telling me to Shut Up, Making racist comments, Telling me that I have a big mouth etc and her manager noticed that i created a scene and talked to another guest but failed to point out or discipline the personal attacks a member of his staff was making.

The manager might reply to this review and tell an entirely irrelevant story (i have seen that in many cases) but please note I am no amateur reviewer. I am a level 4 TripAdvisor contributor, i have traveled the world and have never witnessed anything like this.

If you condemn racism in any shape or form then please stay away from this hotel. They are rude arrogant people who do not deserve your business, plus their hotel rooms are small and tacky.

There are many small good value hotels in the same area that you can stay in. This hotel does not have anything significant or nice about it.

Please be aware!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank TJ_Khizri
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Loved this place. It's small, well kept and clean, very friendly staff, great cafe next door, and the place is close to the flower market and pier, Royal Palace, and across the road to the Pho Wat (temple.) An excellent place to stay and is close to the river. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017