“Great food find”

Ranked #936 of 12,644 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Efficient bar and food service. The menu is very extensive and reasonably priced, as you can get a wide range of Thai as well as western meals. You can even order a cheese toastie if you only feel like a snack. The decor is also interesting with a large guitar shaped timber bar and a restored classic car hoisted above the bar. Pool tables are also available.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

I have travelled to Bangkok quite a few times over the last 10 years and always drop in to Gullivers for a beer and a meal at least once every time I go. The food is really good value especially the Thai food with is extremely good and beer prices reasonable. The bar is large and has good a/c. There are outside seats, large screen tv's showing sport and pool tables. Service is always first rate

Reviewed June 5, 2018

It was a bit like visiting an old friend but by chance. The restaurant I had picked was having a private event and seeing I was just a few steps away, Gulliver’s became the venue for dinner. I had not been there in many years and it was exactly as I remember it to be from seating to atmosphere. Despite not being there for so long I knew what I wanted from the menu and it seems that too had not changed. Some may ask why has it not changed, and the answer is simple being the formula works.

One thing about Gulliver’s is pricing is both fair and realistic for portion size. With that said, portion size is not geared for the hearty eater, and perhaps that is why it fell off my regular go to list. I ordered Cottage Pie and a side of garlic bread, and my date had a kebob. That just about topped me off but to be honest I missed lunch and still had some empty space in my stomach.

So in summary food was acceptable but nothing to write home about. Service was good and pricing fair. If you are going for the social element that starts after the sun has gone down, you likely will not be disappointed and it is known as a freelancer spot in Nana. So it is worth a look if you are just visiting Bangkok, and that would be worth writing home about.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Good pub in the Arab part of town to stop and grab a beer and do some people watching. Plenty of folks sitting around the large bars to observe and drink prices are fair. Typically a large arab base, if that's what you're into.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

I quite liked this bar. There was a happy hour every day from circa 12pm til 9pm... and the beers were reasonably priced. The bar is quite big and has an inside area and outside terrace.

Great place to go and watch the footy! Service was fine.