“In Chinatown....great Buffet”
Review of Grande Ville Hotel

Grande Ville Hotel
Ranked #613 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed only one night thankfully. it was our meeting point with Intrepid tour we had booked.
The hotel is in BUSY Chinatown and we struggled to get a taxi (who refused to drive us there during rush hours) or a tuk tuk because its such a bottle neck with traffic.
Hotel is huge and very very very outdated!!! All i can say is that it would remind me of Communist China, big old grey block decorated with red carpet with very dingy lighting and sort of flowery silky wallpaper......
We were on the 19th floor i think so it was quiet and a great view over Chinatown.
The staff was helpful and the Buffet is excellent but the rooms are very outdated although clean. Not a place for a romantic stay or a family. Prob as a stop over hotel is ok. I gave it a 3 out of five only because the area is interesting and the buffet was so good.

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay here again I def think there are better hotels around for the same price
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed for 2 nights, before and after our trip to Issan.
We got an airport pick-up by the hotel, which wasn't cheap - 600B as compared to 350B offered by meter taxi at the airport - but was convenient.
Our check-in was fine with welcome drink and smiles of the staffs. The lobby was great but when we got there, a big tour group was also checked in. Unfortunately there was only one elevator for 24 storey hotel ( actually threre were two but the other wenr out of work ) so we had to wait for some 15 minutes to get to our room on the 15th floor. There was no either wifi or free internet at the lobby.
The room was just ok. It wasn't as clean as the other hotels we stayed in Asia. To me, cleanliness is the most important thing...not fanciness. It looked like it was originally nice, but was never upkept. All the faciilities are very old, i gess it they would have been here when the hotel was built over 10 years ago. But luckily, from our room we had a bird view eye over the city and bustling Chinese town with nice restaurants is within 5 minute walk; That's all we enjoyed two night stay in Bangkok. Not highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed at Grande Ville Hotel with my friends and family for 3 days 2 nights. It's located at a very busy town named, China Town. Thus, you can find a lot of NICE food to eat, CHEAP stuffs to shop and SUPERB night view from the hotel's sky lounge!
The rooms are BIG enough to accommodate up to 3 persons (1 King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed) only at RM109 which is approximately USD 36. I booked through Pyotravel.com. Maybe some of the guests will think that the hotel is old, but it's greatly maintained!
I enjoyed the ABF as there are a lot of choices compare with the previous stayed at Pattaya.
Due to my packed itinerary, i unable to enjoy the night view on the top of the hotel as it closes at 11pm and the pool closes at 5pm. The only disappointment for the stayed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank synjie
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My family and I were booked here for 5 days. Unfortunately it was a terrible experience and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. On our 4th day, I realised 4 items where missing from inside my suitcase and there was a distinct crack on my netbook, where it had clearly fallen to the ground from the top of my case. I spoke directly to the manager about this and her first suggestion was to bring me down to the laundry room to sift through dirty towels and bedsheets to see if my missing clothes had got mixed up there. With no result, I asked her what she suggested. Response was extremely cold and unhelpful, as I was told abruptly that no hotel policy is set in place for compensation and this has never happened in their hotel before, therefore there is nothing they could offer other then direct me to the police station so I can file a report and claim back on my insurance.

Despite there being no 'hotel policy' for theft in place, I would have thought that common decent human courtesy would have prevailed for a more considerate management and action. I had the common courtesy to discuss this near their office, so I was away from the ears of other guests - however the management literally turned their back on me and walked away as I tried to explain how upsetting this is and not what you would expect from a hotel. I have stayed in many hostels and lower class hotels and NEVER encountered such theft and disgusting behaviour from management and staff. The management here clearly do not care for their guests, as this was just the tip of the mountain as well as a list of other disappointments.

If you stay here, please be aware of my feedback and padlock away your valuables before leaving the room. I myself have never had to do this before, however it is a sad lesson learnt that you cannot trust hotel staff or their management. be prepared to pay extra for internet, and pay to use the ridiculously small gym and pond/pool. Most importantly, please also be prepared to receive no help whatsoever from management and staff. They have no interest in the needs or concerns of their guests at all. A very sad and disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Invest in an extra £5/£10 and stay in a much better hotel in Bangkok.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank L0nd0n82
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Old hotel, rooms need renovating. Roof top view is 360degrees. China town very busy and markets around all very much the same. Close to khao San road.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I book this hotel from agoda.com. imake booking for 5 days.i like to stay in this hotel. very clean and wide room,bath room with bath tub.the room service is too good and the location is hotel very good near to indain market and near to china town just waking distance.
i will surly booking again this hotel again.but this time with trip adivser.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2011

The Grande Ville would be a fine, inexpensive hotel in Chinatown in Bangkok Thailand if it weren't for the fact that the air quality of the rooms is very very poor. The windows in the rooms don't open, and given the poor ventilation, mold and various pesticides and harsh chemical cleaners used in the hotel travelers are essentially trapped in unhealthy breathing enviornments for the duration of their trip. My floor (floor 18) was especially bad and smelled like urine, pesticides and mold from the minute I got off the elevator. Floor 20 was slightly better. The top floor slighly better still. But the smell of mold and cheimicals was still strong. I tried to get another room on another floor but the hotel management informed me that the floor was full, even though that was not the case. As a result of my stay I contracted bronchitis. I'm especially sensitive to mold as I'm allergic, but it's not healthy for anyone to stay in a hotel with bad ventilation. I'd say skip this hotel if at all possible. Especially if you are sensitive to mold, mildew and chemicals.

On a positive note, the rooms would have been nice if it weren't for the mold/smells. They are large and comfortable for a budget hotel. The breakfast buffet is very impressive for a budget hotel and was included in the price of the room.

I wish I could say more positive things about this hotel, but I can't. I got sick as a result of staying there.

• Stayed: April 2011