“Just an Average Hotel”

Bell Boy : Very well manner and always smile
Concierge : Very Helpful
Room Service: Good
B'fast: Splendid
Location: Located between Pechaparop and Makkasan Station. Convenient to access to airport link. But no free service from the hotel to Makkasan Station.
Room : Sleep Quality good. But the water from the aircondition unit flooded the entrance. But I'm still ok with it as I'm only staying for 1 night.

Things to watch out: Taxi's outside the hotel waiting by the side of the road does not use meters. But ask the bell boy downstairs to flag a taxi for you. They use meters.

All in all, on personal reasons, I'm not coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose higher rooms as the view is better on higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Suratsawadee, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Edmund,

Thank you very much for your kindness support to Eastin Makkasan Bangkok

As per your comment about Shuttle Service to Airport Link "Makkasan Station" which not free service and water leaking from the Aircondition.

For Shuttle Service, we used to provide to all guest with free of charge but nobody booked then we change the Shuttle Service to Sky Train Station instead. However we will reconsider to provide such kind of service. For water leaking from aircondition, we will aware and try our best to prevent it.
Regarding to the public taxi does not use the meters it beyond our control, however will informed to our guest to avoid the above taxis.

Thank you very much for your great feedback
Sincerely yours,

Prasarn Thaitae Mr.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were in this hotel for 2 nights as one part of our honeymoon, and it was the only hotel we had cheese in the breakfast! I was so happy with its rich breakfast compared to other hotels we stayed. Okay I like noodles and rice, but I need some cheese and bread for breakfast! It is also close to the center, walking 10 minutes, even we didnt use the pool, it was looking nice. Rooms were cleane and comfortable, the double bed was very big. So generally we were happy with this hotel! And also it has free internet!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tugce-S
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This hotel is rather poor; but clean. Worn out; but functional. Far away of anything interesting; but cheap. So it really depends what you are looking for. There are more nicer hotels in this price range and there are more bad hotels in this price range. For myself i did not like it; but was able to sleep nice

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mister M
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed 3 nights, but did not want to leave, The Eastin caters for all. I met the nicest person in Bangkok at the Eastin Hotel by the name of Champ, his name suits him, as he is a champion. Thank you Champ for making me feel at home in the beautiful hotel.
The hotel is beautiful, clean and close to where ever you want to go. Champ I will see you soon

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank pcroukamp
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Thank you to Champ for the amazing concierge services ,The great staff , friendly smiles and most important quality, friendly,warm and effiecient service is amazing . I was a lady alone in Bangkok but my fears where taken away when i realised that the number 1 priority of Champ and his staff was my safety and well being . i was looked after so well that doing Bangkok alone was not only easy but enjoyable . i have had nothing but good experiences in this city and I know that is mainly because Champ was able to help me do everything that intrested me . the bell service staff were kind and helpful and constantly looked out for my safety , the tips i recieved from everyone at the eastin has ensured that everythinmg has been smooth and effortless. i will defnitely be back and now i know that i will have no issues if i stray at the Eastin . i would like to thank Champ and the team for the care they have shown me . kaaphunka

from South africa
i will enasure that many of my fellow countryman know that there is a home away from home in Bangkok

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tashiani P
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Great service from all staff at the eastin hotel especially Champ. He was a great help and made my stay extra special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It is close by tuk tuk to the malls and has a market street very close. there is an atm across the road, and has a tourism assistant in house.
the staff were very efficient, they stored our bags, as we arrived at 7 am and could not check in until 1pm.
the attica bar on the 23rd floor has a lovely view.
the pool is a good size, and there is a gym, although we never used it.
the only negative thing about this hotel is that it is closely situated to the highways and you hear the traffic at night.
the breakfasts were well organised and served a good variety.
the cocktails at happy hour were very reasonable and the majority of the reception staff spoke good English.

Room Tip: The higher the better the view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple