1,511 results
All reviewssky loungepratunam marketplatinum mallswimming poolnice hotelwalking distancetuk tukshopping placesairport linkindian restaurantbangkok citypratunam areahigher floorhotel is situatedthai massagestar hotelnice breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

This is our 6th stay in this hotel. And so far absolutely no complaints. Staff service, room, bathrooms all clean. The view is spectacular! And most importantly very close to all shopping malls.
Anantaya and Montree were two very friendly people at the reception who gave us all the help.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kavinda R
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Dear Kavinda R,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

I was delighted to read your review and may I thank you for your kind words. As an Eastin-branded property our sole intention is to offer the highest levels of service and comfort we possibly can and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

May I end by saying we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the very near future as one of our valued returning guests.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights on 15/8 - 17/8. We were welcome by Mr Ekapat the concierge guy assisted us during the day and Mr Prasan the front office assisted us during the night. Both of them are very friendly and willing to assist me and my husband throughout our stay in Bangkok. All the staff makes me feel like home. A great place to stay. The room is very spacious. Love the location as it is close to talad neon and also platinum mall. Good food across the hotel at good prices. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2017
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear jajaabdulla,

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

It is our second time in this hotel so we came after a good memory from last year. But we were a bit disappointed from the room level and level of cleanliness. The hotel is in a good place and a good breakfast. We know that we think again next year ... sorry to disappoint.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AviS497
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Dear Avi S,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

After reading your review may I say how truly sorry I am for the points you raised which did not reach your expectations.

I expect nothing less than the very best efforts from my staff and am extremely disappointed after learning of the condition of your room. I have held a meeting with my Housekeeping Manager and clearly outlined exactly what I expect from her team and strongly reinforced the fact that as an Eastin chain hotel our exacting standards must be met at all times. To ensure our quality is maintained on each and every occasion I will be making random spot checks of our rooms on a daily basis.

May I end by saying that I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon to witness first-hand the improvements we have made with regards to your essential and well-received feedback.

Reviewed August 18, 2017

One of the Worst hotels I have stayed. I checked in late in this Hotel as while coming from Pattaya we had gone to visit a couple of places like Madame Tussauds & Fish Aquarium. By the time i reached hotel it was close to 10 PM & we were pretty tired. While checking in, i asked the reception guy to give me a glass of water as we were feeling thirsty. The guy & the girl at the reception said that you can check in the room and there are bottles available in the room for drinking. This was pathetic.
When i entered the room, we were sad to see the condition of the room. it was giving a very old look with dull lights. more like the ones you see in horror movies. There were makes on the table in the room. I called in housekeeping to come and clean the table atleast. SOme one came and after seeing the marks said that these are permanent stain marks and can not be removed. Then on top of it started saying something loudly in local language which sounded more like abuses.

Next Day morning breakfast was ok types with very less options for Indians. We checked out the next morning as there was a tour planned for us. We kept the luggage at the hotel and came back to collect the same in the evening. While we were waiting in the hotel lobby and waiting for our cab for going to Airport. We were horrified to see a couple having sex in the coffee shop in the Hotel. I understand it was dark there but the coffee shop is right next to the hotel lobby. One can verify the same from the recordings in the hotel cameras for date 14th Aug. What kind of a hotel is this. Is it a brothel. Thankfully we were without kids. Else we would have been embarrassed.

In a nut shell would never recommend the hotel to anyone ever.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vinaymadaan4u

Dear vinaymadaan4u,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by offering my deepest personal apologies regarding your recent stay with us and the points you raised in your review which did not meet your expectations.
As an Eastin-branded hotel our sole intention is the complete satisfaction of every single person who walks through our doors and the immediate rectification of any adverse comments received from our valued guests, therefore I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your invaluable feedback.
I am truly sorry that my staff did not provide you with a glass of water upon request as this is not the service minded attitude I expect from my team, even though we provide complimentary drinking water in our rooms. This matter has already been addressed with the persons involved.
The marks you saw on your room’s table were scratches which my engineers have already rectified. Having spoken to the two members of my staff who attended to your room they were aghast that you thought they were verbally abusing you and assured me that they were merely discussing about informing the engineering department to make a permanent repair to the table. If I might add that these members of my team have exemplary work records and have received considerable amounts of praise from our guests for their service minded attitudes. I deeply regret that you misunderstood the situation.
To protect both our business and reputation I must strongly refute your last comment that we are a brothel because you believed you saw a couple making love in our restaurant. I would like to politely clarify that as part of the international chain of Eastin Hotels and Residences it is inconceivable that such action would be allowed to continue had it actually occurred as we have a constant security presence patrolling throughout the hotel. Upon investigation I discovered that the young couple you saw were actually in our lobby lounge having a nightcap and were engaging in some innocent, mild kissing and cuddling, which my staff felt was acceptable given the late hour and lack of other guests. I am sorry that this offended you and have reminded my staff that what might be considered acceptable to some might offend others and to be aware of all our guests’ sensibilities.
I hope my explanation clarifies what occurred and may I end by thanking you for choosing Eastin Makkasan as your accommodation during your visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

I lead a Tour to Thailand usually once a year. As usual I choose to stay with my 16 guest at the Eastin Makkasan. This Hotel has so much to offer if you are in Bangkok for a few nights or weeks. It is very close to the Airport Train, great shopping both markets and department stores, excellent food and centrally located. Mr Mac massarge (Miss Souk is an amazing health masseuse) is just around the corner as is 7eleven. Lots of local restaurants and good quality fresh fruits. All you need in Bangkok. Khun Chum is an outstanding Concierge and can help you with any enquirer. The pool is relaxing and also a well equipped gym.
Over 30 years I have stayed at many of Bangkok's Hotels and I have no hesitation in recommending it to you.
Khun Richard Newton.