1,510 results
All reviewssky loungepratunam marketplatinum mallswimming poolnice hotelwalking distancetuk tukshopping placesairport linkindian restaurantbangkok citypratunam areahigher floorhotel is situatedthai massagestar hotelnice breakfast
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

It's in a good location for shopping and street foods, but the rooms are definitely not up to par. It's a 2 1/2 or 3 star hotel at the most. The lobby is far nicer than the rooms. If I'd known or looked into the reviews instead of just looking at the stars I definitely would not have booked a room here. Bathroom is moldy and not what I was expecting. I stayed at the Eastin hotel in Saigon before coming here and it was EXCELLENT. Exceeded my expectations. Very disappointed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kayla K
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear Kayla K,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

I was delighted to read your review of Eastin Makkasan Bangkok and may I thank you for your kind words.
However, you raised a couple of points which caused you some disappointment for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies and outline the action we have taken to avoid similar circumstances occurring in the future.

May I end by saying that I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon to witness first-hand the improvements we have made with regards to your essential and well-received feedback.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

We are family of 4 and I had booked 2 interconnected rooms for 3 nights and our stay was terrible. First of all we are non smokers and we were allocated rooms on 28th floor, which is smoking floor. Whole floor including room was stinking like a hell. I requested for room/floor change and got an standard reply that whole hotel is full and we will change your room tomorrow (BTW tomorrow never happened!). Finally housekeeping person came and sprayed the room.
While checking out, it was again a terrible experience as one of the house keeping person is rude and refused to take my luggage.

Rooms are quite old - one of house keeping person told me that floor carpets have not been changed since last 10 years, so understandably rooms were not clean.

All in all terrible stay in this hotel and would not recommend for family stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bhndrsndp

Dear bhndrsndp,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

After reading your review may I say how truly sorry I am for the points you raised which did not reach your expectations.

I was extremely concerned to learn of the service you received at the Front Desk as we have an outstanding reputation for the levels of courtesy and attention we provide for our valued guests. As a result of your invaluable feedback I have held a meeting with my Human Resources Manager and Front Office Manager and have introduced extra training as an addition to the hotel’s continuous training program to address the points you raised.

I have already held a meeting with my Housekeeping Manager and her team to specifically discuss your review and issued strict instructions that I do not expect to receive such comments in the future.

I would also like to share the exciting news that the hotel will be undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation project once budget approval has been granted and hope you have the opportunity to visit us again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the eastin hotel makkasan just for 1 night and it was terrible. The hotel is old and the rooms are outdated and dirty. There was this glue smell in the room. The neighbourhood is poor and dirty. It was a misstake booking this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swingart
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Dear Swingart,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for choosing Eastin Makkasan for your visit to Bangkok and your kind custom is truly appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for the aspects of your stay which caused you some disappointment and am delighted to announce that plans are underway for a multi-million dollar renovation of the hotel which is just waiting for budget approval.

May I end by saying I hope you reconsider your decision not to stay with us again as we would be delighted to see you again hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We had a good stay in the spacious and cozy room at the high floor. The staff at ground floor and lobby are very helpful and friendly, especially the young Bruce Lee look-alike guy We were attended by a madame when we arrived at the hotel, the check in process is quick and we are very grateful that she assigned us to a great city view room as per request. The only thing that the hotel can improve is the furnitures, they are functionable but look aged, our bathroom has some mould at the edge of the bath tub wall and also the shower curtain... these can be improve since this is a 4star hotel. Looking at the good side, the bed is very soft yet comfortable which we have a good sleep throughout the trip! We conclude that we have a happy stay at the this hotel!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear Yongxiu X,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

I was delighted to read your review and may I thank you for your kind words. As an Eastin-branded property our sole intention is to offer the highest levels of service and comfort we possibly can and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

However, I expect nothing less than the very best efforts from my staff and am extremely disappointed after learning of the condition of your room. I have held a meeting with my Housekeeping Manager and clearly outlined exactly what I expect from her team and strongly reinforced the fact that as an Eastin chain hotel our exacting standards must be met at all times. To ensure our quality is maintained on each and every occasion I will be making random spot checks of our rooms on a daily basis.

We hope on your next trip you choose to stay with us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Although the hotel is very good in all aspect, only the bedding quality should be improved to make guest happy staying, certainly i will recommended to my friends to book this hotel if they visit bangkok. Hotel location is very good .

Room Tip: Rooms are good, only improvement required for bedding & napkins towels
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear BLSinghi,

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time and trouble to write a review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan and I truly appreciate your kind words. Given the wide choice of accommodation available in Bangkok I am delighted you chose us and that we lived up to your expectations.

May I end by saying we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again in the very near future as one of our valued returning guests.