1,511 results
All reviewssky loungepratunam marketplatinum mallswimming poolnice hotelwalking distancetuk tukshopping placesairport linkindian restaurantbangkok citypratunam areahigher floorhotel is situatedthai massagestar hotelnice breakfast
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Great hotel,rooms great and clean. breakfast was wonderful. Staff were great. Only problem we had was the staff on front desk didnt speak or understand english, like we would of liked. Had problems with them on both our nights. We wonted to get a taxi to a well known restaurant in Bangkok. they had no idea.The tuk tuk drivers were so more helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The Eastin is a lovely modern hotel. We stayed in a deluxe room which cost us very little extra than the superior (friends stayed in these rooms) but much more spacious and lovely big windows to look out over the city. The service was excellent and a lovely variety of breakfast served. Only downside is it feeled a little out of the way compared to where I have stayed in Bangkok before but still just a short taxi ride to MBK or anywhere else worth getting to.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1moretimetraveller
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night waiting to fly to Phuket on the next day,clean room bathroom a bit older but very clean,very good breakfast nice swimming pool with affordable pricing for drinks,friendly check in,it was morning but we received our room directly,and yes we had a welcome drink,staff very friendly with good language skills,A VERY GOOD STOP OVER HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

The website boasts that they will allow an early checkin (conditions apply) So we decided to give it a go. We called before we left for Thailand, and the lady at the service desk was polite and accommodating, while she didnt confirm an early checkin she did confirm the request. I personally didnt think we would get the room till 2 Pm, however when we arrived we were served a welcome drink and told to wait in the cocktail bar ,After waiting for about a half an hour, my fiancée walked up to the reception and they had the room key ready. We checked in at 11 Am.

Location:
The best location if you are interested in staying close to the BTS(10-15 min walk) and the shopping malls (Platinum, Pratunam, BIG C, Centre point) (5-10 min walk). Though the walk will be through a local street filled with massage parlours
The pool looks very nice and not too crowded (didnt try it though)
Cant say much about the fitness centre Either
Service:
Very professional and courteous staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sushant N
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I check into this hotel from 2/3-7/3 with a female friend and 2 toddlers.Upon check in,we were asked to give our passports for registration and was asked to sit over at the waiting area while the receptionist check us in.No welcome drink or anything was served.Waited for a good 10minutes then was asked back to the counter and was given p/p back and the keycard to the room.No other infomation was given as we've booked into the ex suite and there's supposed to be complimentary eveing cocktail and no mention of any of the hotel's services like where breakfast's served or where the pool is located....
Room cleanliness is good.Spacious and everything is in working order.
The age of my toddlers are 3 and 1,and the reason why Ive choosen this hotel is bcoz they hav a playroom and it will be very good for my children.First day when we went up there,the door to the playroom was shut.I tried using my keycard to access but was denied.So had to go back to my room,ring the F/O and was told that I need to contact housekeeping dept fro them to open the door for me.i rang them up and was told to wait 10minutes before they can send someone to open up.We make use of the playroom twice a day and each time I rang up,asking for the door to be opened,I was only replied with a sigh and rudely they will say btw 5-15minutes then they will be free to open up the room.
The complimentary cocktail,the first night it was changed to the thai restaurant.I think the reason for the change is probably we are the only ones that might turn up for the cocktail as there's no others.It was very pleasant there.staffs were friendly and helpful.and the only time we go again for the complimentary cocktail was on the last night n that was up at the ATTICA.We brought my children there.Probably that's not the best place for toddlers but since it was our last night,we wanted to have some drinks and relax a bit.Staffs were not happy to serve us as we were greeted with a very fake smile and the whole evening was tarnished by the attitude of the staffs.I was really very disappointed bcoz I thought this is supposed to be a child friendly hotel and of course from all hte good reviews that Ive read.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Surapan, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

We’re appreciating the time you have taken to share your feedbacks with us.

First please accept our sincerely apologize for the experiences you had during your stay with us. We carefully reviewed all your comments and bring up to our management attention. Your comments are valuable for us to plan the additional training for our staff in order to improve the service to meet our standard.
Regarding Playroom now we reschedule our Housekeeping staff to stand from 9:00 – 18:00 hrs.

Last but not least we would appreciate to welcome you back at some point in the future to let you experience the improvements we made.