“Nice Hotel in Khaosan”

Ranked #183 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Nice Hotel in Khaosan”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed at Buddy Lodge for 2 nights with my friend. Good location and very good service. All staff are very friendly. I'll be back and recommend my friends to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank impossible_to_do

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I've been with my wife on our honeymoon in Thailand and we stayed in Bangkok in Khaosan Road Buddy Lodge hotel and we had great time.
it was quiet room that we got on the top floor.
The location was great and the staff were very nice and helpful they had nice pull and also they
had fitness center and the price was good (we advise to book the room at tourist information that would be much cheaper try using Agoda hotels app.)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Haim S
England
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This was our second stay at Buddy Lodge having stayed here 6 years ago. We got a superior room on booking.com for the same price as a standard room. The room was lovely and had a very large balcony and a four poster bed.

Because of the flooding in Bangkok we stayed in touch prior to our visit via email and the hotel staff kept us informed and responded to my emails very quickly and reassured us that Khoa San Road was unaffected and the route from the hotel was fine via taxi.

The only disappointment was the pool. The last time we stayed it was lovely and clean. Now it is filthy! Truly filthy! There was no way on earth I would even have dipped a toe in there. Don't book this hotel if you are looking for a refreshing dip as you'd probably catch something nasty.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kttravelbunny
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have been stay Buddy Lodge Hotel at Kaosan Rd, I'm from Denmark. My friends who the one told to stay there and thanksfully I love this hotel.
Its perfect location on the Kaosan Rd and you can just waitng in front of hotel!! the staff are very helpfull and very friendly even the Manager!! Panukorn, he is staff there and he's good care forward for us during we were the hotel:) and one thing I like most that its the Tuk-tuk. It so a amezing!!!!!! next if I'm going to Thailand I'll stay this hotel again:)

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quiter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank saranya_fong
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The rooms are cute, clean, comfortable and nice and cool. Just want you want after a long day shopping. The amenities (pool etc) are nice and well looked after & the hotel is located in an ideal spot of Khaosan Road,
The staff are always friendly and very helpful. They spoke very good English & had no issues assisting me or understanding my queries either.

It was my birthday while we stayed here and the staff brought me a cake and sand my happy birthda which just really made my day :)

Thank you too all the staff, i really enjoyed my stay and will be sure to come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms back from the street are quieter if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 November 2011

buddy lodge is a fantastic hotel...the hotel room and balcony are beautifuland most important clean,staff very helpful to make our stay comfortable with our 6 month old daughter...will recommend to others and will be staying when we next come to bkk!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Rooms are small, worn, shabby and bathroom was mildewy. $80.00 a night for 2 was a ridiculous price. Elevator is between floors so you are dragging your suitcase up or down stairs. Front desk staff barely understand English and were rather flustered at simple requests. (Oct 2011.) Tried to cancel our return night stay and made it very difficult to do so - would not reply to email requests, had to call from another country to do it over the phone. Their policy is 3 day advance cancel request or full pay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends