“ิำbeautiful hotel , rich of excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Buddy Lodge Hotel
Ranked #187 of 843 Hotels in Bangkok
Songkhla, Thailand
“ิำbeautiful hotel , rich of excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

i stayed with my little boy for 5 nights , the service from all staffs were excellent. My son really like the pool and the Muay Thai. Room is pretty clean and nice view. i got the room 604 will recommend this room if you want to get the view of Golden mountain. Love to be back to you're hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Singlem0m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

There is more than one Buddy Lodge in Bangkok but we got there in the end! It was a lovely hotel-friendly staff and huge, clean rooms. Although the Koh San Road is alive and bustling all day and night it was quiet in the rooms [we had two on opposite sides of corridor-no noise in either]The roof top pool was a bit tired- chairs and towels a bit tatty but water clean and the bar on the roof good. We had a token for one swim but were not asked for it and went swimming for 3 nights. The balconies had plants on them and it was nice to peer out at the younger revelers! The towels in the room were twisted into fab elephant shapes, the street food in Koh San Road was the best we ate in Thailand; and I got THE BEST Hello Kitty sequined T shirt in the world for my 4 year old Granddaughter for £2.00. Fantastic in every way!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kirsten m
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We booked our stay at Buddy Lodge after looking through the lonely planet guide, and we were extreamly impressed. The rooms were clean, the bed was amazingly comfortable and bathrooms were decent. We did notice a musty smell from our bathroom, but its what you expect for your money. We took the overnight bus to Koh Penang, and requested a late checkout, which they were happy to organise then and there for us.

The location was great - right on Koh San's doorstep. However, it does mean that you become a target for the tuk tuk drivers waiting at the bottom of the stairs in the morning. Also, we were given 1 'free pool token' each to use for our 3 night stay. Otherwise you have to pay to use the hotel's own swimming pool!!

Other than that, would definetly recommend to anyone wanting a decent hotel in an amazing spot which is good value for money!

Room Tip: Aim to get a room on the backside of the hotel - it is a little quieter in the small hours of the mo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lennyluvs2dance
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My second stay here. 2 nights at the start of my holiday before I headed to an island. It is right on Khao San Road but is amazingly quiet at night. Rooms are clean and spacious. We stayed is a deluxe room and it had a balcony. The hotel has a rooftop pool.
Breakfast was basic but ok and service was good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah S
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

In the middle of happining in Khao San Rd. We book in advince by travel agency. When we got in to the room it smell great (flower parfume).  After one over the room, especially bed stink like somebody die in it. The room was also very dirty. Hairs on the flore. We couldnt turn of the air condition, turn on some lights... Because we paid in advance we demand another room (if we wouldnt pay in advance, we would run out of the hotel). They gave us another room with no problem. The new room was better, but far from good. Avoid room 411.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Luka150
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

My first experience here was the woman at the counter. I asked if she needed my confirmation number. When she said yes I showed it to here and she sharply said "name". I got to my room which was ok. Nice balcony kind of old colonial. I lied down on my bed as I was very tired from traveling when the music started. I don't mind some noise from the street but this place is on top of a club. When items on the shelf are rattling the noise is too loud. Between that, the street noise and the loud music from the room next too me this place was awful. I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion but got up early the next day and checked out. They don't seem to get that this place is too noisy from the club. I checked out 2 days early and I guess will have to fight to not get charged for 2 of the 3 days I stayed there. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: I guess if you get one higher up in the hotel it might be better but I didn't stick around to fi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Enusmith
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for 1 night before flying home. Had heard good things about the hotel particularly the rooftop pool which was a big attraction! The hotel was on Ko San Rd and we expected noise but was pleasantly surprised by how little you could hear from the road!
However the staff we encountered were pretty unhelpful and shrugged A LOT! As our flight home didnt leave until the night we asked to have a shower in the gym and even though we had a free gym pass to use we were still expected to pay 100 baht each to use the shower, when I asked what it was for they said a towel and soap - originally I thought it would be quite swanky facilities but I was wrong. We got a scrappy towel which looked as though mice had eaten part of it and the shower was a cubicle in the toilets with crappy soap! My advice if you want a shower before a flight pretend to be using the gym and just use the shower as it is a big waste of a 100 baht particularly when the rooms are not really competitively priced!

The room (deluxe double) was nice but I wouldn't say the rooms were competitively priced compared to others we stayed and the staff need to up their game! We booked through hostel world which was almost 1000 baht cheaper than the hotel advertised their rooms in reception- so book online!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple