Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
merryweather29
England

Good Stay but room not as booked

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 24, 2012
I have to be fair when reviewing this hotel and review according to what we paid which was not a lot. It was pretty much as we expected - tired dark rooms and in need of a re-furb and maybe a good clean up. We booked on boong.com at a fantastic rate including breakfast but were not surprised that they simply did not deliver. We booked a junior suite which promised amazing space and facities and then were shown to a small double bedded room with an adjoining door to the next room with other guests in. This was all the more disappointing as I had emailed them directly to ensure that we at least had a twin bedded room as I was travelling with my sister and had specifically requested not to have a room with an adjoining door. I like to be fair so for what we actually paid the room we eventually ended up in (despite not being what we booked) was OK with good aircon, tea/coffes making and sat tv and the breakfast was good despite having to chivvy the staff along to bring basic things such as knifes etc The pool was lovely and always empty.
This hotel could really benefit from a good clean up and further staff training. The carpets etc in and out of our room would really benefit from a good hoover. There was no warmth in greetings and the staff never really smiled and needed a lot of prompting especially at breakfast. it could be so much better even without the re-furb that it needs.
Date of stay: February 2012
    C$41
2.5 km from The Victory Executive Residence
Restaurant
View more hotels in Bangkok
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We chose this hotel because our flight arrived late at night, around 1030pm and we have an early departure by minivan to Hua Hin the next day.

From the Victory Monument BTS station, it was a bit tricky to locate the hotel. You could see the building from the elevated station, but once on the ground, the alleyway leading to the hotel is so small that you might miss it if you walked any faster.

We got a very good price from Agoda, therefore we couldn't complain about the room conditions - just your average standard 'hard double bed', comes with an attached bathroom with temperamental water faucet (alternating hot and suddenly cold water temp), a mini fridge and a small tv.

Breakfast was awful...just an egg station and the chef was having a bad day I guess...he couldn't understand what we wanted and was unhelpful...but since he was the only person around (waiter, chef, interpreter...etc) maybe he really was overloaded.

I wouldn't stay here again but only if I need to take an early morning Minivan transportation from the Century Mall.

Room tip: Stay here overnight if you need a place to crash and if you are going for minivan transportation the next day. No luxuries but just standard features.
Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had spent hours looking for a decent hotel in this area that offers a pool and a gym, and finally decided to go for The Victory Executive Residence.

Let's start with the good: the room was spacious and comes with drinking water, a big fridge and microwave as well as silverware and plates. The room even had a separate sitting area and the wi-fi connection was excellent since the room was right by the router.

The bad:
Our room was connected to the neighboring room by a door through which we could hear every single word spoken (and other noises which I don't want to go into further detail about...) Our lovely British neighbor was up every single night, and I mean ALL night, calling for hookers, and enjoying their company. We witnessed a lot of things we would have rather not heard (especially at 4.30am in the morning and later!). We barely got any sleep during our 2 nights at the hotel.

We had checked out the gym and the pool on our first day at the hotel, and the rooftop pool looked great, as did gym and sauna & steam room. However, we couldn't use the gym / sauna (the main reason for us to book the hotel) on Sunday night because the guy decided to close it at 8pm on that particular day, instead of 10pm.

The breakfast was another big disappointment - bad instant coffee, sugary 'juice' concentrate, only sugar-y cereal, warm & old fruit, and breakfast wasn't even set up yet when we came downstairs at 7.35am! The fried eggs that we ordered came with bacon (which we did not order and we are vegetarians, so the last thing I want ON TOP of my eggs is bacon).

The old magazines in the lobby (some from 2008 & 2007, one even from 2000!!) only show the attention to detail that is paid here. When we walked by the True Siam Hotel in the same road (which we had also looked at on several hotel booking websites) I just wished we would have opted for that one instead of the Victory Executive Residence - it looked so much better!

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I have been in Bangkok for many time, for business or pleasure.
And most of the time I stayed in Victory Resident, Once, I stayed for almost 6 months.
During that time, I can only say that there is ZERO complain from me.
Hotel staff so friendly, even though some of them not so good with their English, but to me still acceptable and still can communicate . Language is not a barrier, I don't agree if people come from other country keep complaining about the language.
It's better and nice if we start learn their language.
The Hotel located at the very near many tourism spot such as bar, Cinema, Mall, duty free Shop, train station, etc.
Their "smallest" studio room is so spacious (when I was in Hongkong, with same price I got half of the space), enough to accommodate family with 2 kids, and extra bed.
The Bath room/toilet is clean and well maintained.
Swimming pool is small, but for me It's not a big deal, as I didn't spend much time on it.
The window view is one thing I don't like, no interesting view you can see through the window, but once again..I m not stay in Pataya, and just keep the curtain closed. :-)
So I recommend, I will be back again.
Terimakasih. Edwin Indonesia

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at the Victory Executive Residence for a week during the floods in Bangkok a few months ago. The hotel was clean and comfortable with big rooms and super soft beds. The staff was very helpful and so friendly. There is a clean beautiful rooftop pool, free wifi, and the rooms are very inexpensive for what you get. The hotel is right next to the light rail which will take you to the weekend markets, MBK shopping mall, and the garment district. Probably the best affordable hotel I have stayed in Bangkok over the years. I would definitely stay here again. :) The only negative is the restaurant connected to and promoted by the hotel. The food is really really awful. Avoid that and you will love your stay!

Room tip: we booked the cheapest room available on expedia and it was great!! no need to upgrade.
Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank kaimadden
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I love the location because it's very close to bts station, very convenience to go around.

Date of stay: December 2011