We got recommended to stay in tavees with our 1 1/2 year old son as it is a family friendly and tranquil place not too far from the kaosan road area.
- the small restaurant area without roof (calling it a garden would be exaggerated) offers some space for children to play
- the host family is very clean, professional and usually friendly
- the architecture of the building is traditional Thai and beautiful
- the ally which leads to the guesthouse and the area around are quiet and safe (not much traffic, no wasted people) and there is a local market very close by
- the pier Thewet is very close by (connection to kaosan road, Chinatown, silom and many other places by the river
- the host family is a little maniatic with the cleanliness of the place so when our son spilled some water or dropped a fried potato they would come and clean immediately what made us feel uncomfortable from time to time
- the upper floor is wooden and you can hear every step in the building
- the host family wakes up early and is not exactly quiet in the morning
- the restaurant is not cheap and serves very small portions (quality is okay though)
- the rooms don't have a closet or any other furniture to put away your things
-restaurants in this area close early and are not very good so better eat before 9pm
By the end it is the most child friendly place we found in this area of Bangkok and compared to other places the host family and staff are very friendly and caring. If you come with small children to Bangkok we recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Tavee Guest House Hotel Bangkok