Rose Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewspatpong night marketsurawong roadsala daeng bts stationairport taxipleasant hotelcentral bangkokhotel of choicethe wi fisilom areaminute walkenjoyed my staythailaneasiameters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I did't make any advance booking for this trip. Arrive in Bangkok in the morning, so it gave me ample time to decide to stay in which area. So, after lunch at MBK, I took the sky train to Salla Daeng station and wander around the area. I located the Hotel using my Iphone 'tripadvisor' apps. Its a bit secluded and the small alley leading to it look a bit intimidating if you were on your own and not familiar with Bangkok. So, print a map of the location, if you plan to take the cab. I assume the price I paid for the hotel is slightly higher compare if I were to book it online. However it is still within my budget...

I stayed here for only one night before moving to another hotel in Bangkok. Not because its not good, just want to experience different neighborhood. The room is average. The pool is nice and secluded. The deco at the lobby is interesting... Although there was some problem with the aircond (water dripping from the condenser), I didn't put up a complaint because I only stay for one nite

The location (in Silom) is the reason I choose this hotel. Easy for me to walk back without having to hire a tuktuk or taxi after a night out. Located within walking distance from many eateries and silom area attractions like the Patpong Night market and 10-15 minute walk to the skytrain station.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Muhibbah
Reviewed 30 April 2011

but in hindsight, I would say there's very little reason to stay in this district.

I picked it as I thought it might be central to the ghastly sprawl that is Bangkok, but found that no, you cant walk anywhere in this horrid town, you catch a taxi everywhere, so you may as well stay somewhere interesting like Khao San or...well I cant think of anywhere else, cos I hated Bangkok, but thats another story..

Silom district is home to *only* one thing of interest to a traveller, (and thats a certain kind of traveller). It houses Patpong roads 1 & 2, which as sleaze go, were overwhelmingly disappointing. Patong has more sleaze if thats your thing, and after years of hearing infamous stories, I found it rather anticlimactic.

Anyhow, the hotel itself was around $A55 a night on wotif.com, which gets you a 3 star place in BKK, there are cheaper places, but they're dumps. This place is relatively clean, and comfortable, and quiet, but if the guide books give you the impression its restoration is funky, and therefore attractive, think again, its not.. The room I had was tiny, although it did resemble in principle the photo on wotif., so I couldnt say they misrepresented it, they must have just used a wide angle lens to give the impression of space, of which there is little.

But I was very happy to leave it behind after 2 nights, and settle in at the Buddy Lodge in Khao San road, which mitigated what was otherwise an utter waste of 3.5 days of annual leave, before I flew down to the far more interesting locale of Phuket.

Room Tip: dont stay there, go to Khao San road.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank blisteringbarnacles
Reviewed 9 April 2011

clean, good location, great pool, would go back, close to nightlife but very safe

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I think it's a good overall choice. The location adjacent to surawong and a block over from Silom makes it good for this particular area. Closest to either Silom or saladaeng stops on skytrain. A bit hectic area but hotel is well down an alley away from it. I believe it to be a very quiet place with one caveat; they are putting up a building behind the hotel so book rooms on any floor of 10, 11,12 anything in the low teens or ask for a room on the front of the building. The rooms are very spacious as I booked a deluxe which has a small living room separately. The hotel restaurant is good but frequented by too many westerners for my taste. The swimming pool is blessedly cool and unheated. It's close to patpong, soi twilight and other scandal zones so if one is a prude and shocked easily, try the Oriental.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank AuTomJoy
Reviewed 18 March 2011

From the outside frontage you think 'oh dear what have we done booking this place'. It's not in the best area of Bangkok as Pat Pong has a checkered history. Fear not though because once inside the story changes. It's clean light and airy with non smoking rooms and friendly staff. The room was small but functional and not big on luxury. The bathroom was also clean with a shower into the bath. We had a room at the back of the hotel and there was no noise from the surrounding streets. The real bonus of this hotel however is the fabulous outdoor swimming pool and great restaurant. There are plenty of pictures to back this up and what you see is what you get. There is little doubt that for these facilities you would pay considerably more at the nearby 'big group' hotels. Check their website for special offers.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple