The location is so-so. You pass through the entire nana area so its either good or bad depending on your interest
What's the good:
- Low prices (Agoda's 55% off deal - more like 45% off rack rate)
- Decent breakfast spread (ok enough for vegetarians)
- Nice inviting restaurant
- Half hourly tuktuk drop
- Decent english standards
What's the negatives:
- End of sukhumvit soi 4, so its a long walk
- Except their managers (main guy in morning and main woman at the breakfast buffet), their petty staff is thieving:
-- Wife went to reception bathroom while checking in, left $10 eyeliner at basin to use the loo and it disappeared in 1 min! Wasnt there in the trash either. 10 min of shouting at staff later a supervisor brought it to us!!
-- We checked out and came to reception to settle bill. We got charged 2 beers (we dont drink!!). If you stay there, pls get the fridge emptied in advance. We created a ruckus and then the front desk manager very politely got it waived off for us and we had to sign things.
But in 11 years of traveling across 2/3* hotels, this is the first such hotel with two incidents. I cannot recommend such a hotel
- The room service spread includes a condom (for 100 baht!!!) - with kids, please get the room service items removed from the room
- Their front desk ladies in the evening are nasty - repeat what u said and make comments on it as well
- Their standby tuktuk driver is bad. We had our 66yr old mother along, and he still dropped us 150m short of sukhumvit (where the regular driver had dropped us several times) because a taxicab fellow called out to him (and who then asked if where we wanted to go!)
- We asked the hotel tourist agency woman about Siam Ocean world location and she says "buy the tickets from me and only then will I tell you!". Wow. The "deals" she gives are available from the tourist information glass kiosk outside siam paragon (20% off ocean world, 25% off tussauds)
Go only if you must be on sukhumvit, get a bargain, have limited stuff to leave around, and can walk the distance.
Woraburi Sukhumvit != Service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 10-minute walk from Sukhumvit Road, Woraburi Hotel provides free tuk tuk services to Nana BTS Skytrain Station, which is some 800 metres away. It features a rooftop pool and a spa. Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel is 2.3 Km from shopping malls including Central World Plaza and Siam Paragon Mall. Rooms are spacious and fitted with an en suite bathroom with shower facilities. They have a minibar, a safe and a tea/coffee maker. Sip Bar & Restaurant serves Asian food including Thai dishes and a daily buffet breakfast. Open air dining is available at the restaurant. The hotel provides 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woraburi Sukhumvit Resort