After me and my friends checked in, we asked hotel staff to put our luggage in the room because we were going out for dinner with friends. After 3 hours of nice, breezy, delicious dinner at the river, when we returned to our room, our suitcases were still not in the room. The explanation was hotel staff put the wrong tag to our suitcases. The bellman put the tag for departure to our suitcases, so our suitcases were sitting at the 1F. The front desk merely offered 1 night complimentary internet access as their apology.
I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, sharing a twin room with friends, so we requested for an extra bed upon arrival. The staff training can be more solid and thoughtful, because typically for a request of an extra bed, shouldn't it a common sense that there will be 3 people living in a room? Thus, when hotel staff brings the bed ONLY, I was depressed that this happened at Hilton.
After requesting for extra amenities, they brought towels, but we still need to call them again to bring an extra water cup and slippers. Also, the smell along the way from SPA to shuttle boat pier was bad.
The location would be an issue as well. As the pier only runs till 12am, you need to rely on taxi to go to downtown if you stay out late. Because Hilton is at the other side of the river bank, taxi drivers don't want to go there as there is less business for them.
Although the overall decor in the lobby was impressively nice, the view from the room was nice, and the hallway was spacious(I didn't try any outlet there), I am not happy with my stay and its service in Hilton. I will definitely try another branded hotel for my next visit to Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok