After reading many reviews of Bangkok area hotels, I was nervous about picking a hotel "on the other side of the river!"
As a Hhonors gold, I tend to appreciate staying at Hilton hotels and we selected to stay here for four nights. We arrived late on the night of the 5th of April to news that our room was upgraded to a Jr. Suite on an executive floor. The room was beautiful and I loved the bathroom. While the room was certainly not LARGE, it was big enough for our stuff and to move around during the brief moments we were actually in the hotel.
We found the evening concierge in the main lobby to be very helpful (and more accessible than the staff on the lounge floor). We did not have any issues with language barriers and hotel staff. The evening cocktail hour was very nice and the drinks and food were diverse and tasty. Pants for men IS enforced for the cocktail hour (although we did see some men wearing short capris that hit just below the knee and this was apparently deemed acceptable...). The executive floor breakfast is fantastic with a big variety of foods (but no significant difference day to day). It was ~400 Baht to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (on the tollway at night with no traffic) and ~500 Baht to return to the airport midmorning. Overall, we enjoyed the stay and would stay here again if we were to return to Bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning new ultra-contemporary hotel with absolute river views from every window. Boasting outdoor infinity pool, stand alone full service Spa and a dedicated Hilton Meetings floor. Eight restaurants and bars offer exquisite local and western cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate in indoor and outdoor settings. Complimentary shuttle boat to the heart of city runs until midnight and rennowned attractions such as Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha and the Temple of Dawn are just a short boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Hilton Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Hilton International Bangkok
- Hilton Bangkok
- Bangkok Hilton
- Millenium Hilton Bangkok