See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 2, 2010

What I liked about this hotel was the location, which is at the corner of Khao Sarn Rd. It’s situated away from the bedlam starting from Soi Rambutree onwards.
It’s not so much of a guest house, but more like a budget, no frills hotel .
Clean and sparsely furnished, which is pretty normal for hotels in the area.AC wasn’t that great and it’s best to get a room with a window, for better ventilation and views, if you like, as it’s facing the inner roads. You could see all the activity going on pretty much.

Service wasn’t that great either. When checking in, we experienced an argument between the male reception and an Italian group of backpackers. Argument was heated and I felt that it wasn’t appropriate to have it there, when others are checking in. It wasn't very impressionable.

As per a few reviews by fellow travelers, yes, the mood shifts when the shift changes. Some staff are plain rude and bark at you, when they don’t understand what you are relaying to them, whilst another batch will pleasantly surprise you with their warmth and all the conforming of your needs.

This might come as irrelevant, but, the only good memory I had of that hotel, was the “pad-thai “push cart parked in front of it. It was the tastiest and cheapest Pad Thai’s in the whole of Bangkok and it didn’t give my sensitive tummy any qualms.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed for 5 nights, had no problem with staff or sleeping, they were quite nice. I didn't have any issues with my property, but I always leave the do not disturb sign on my door and take anything of value with me.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2009

stayed in four sons from 7-9th december 2009.

just discovered that a credit card that i had deep at the bottom of my pack (which was locked at all times except when it was in my room) has been stolen and maxed out at shops in bangkok.

i can only assume that a member of hotel staff is responsible as no one else had access to my room. would not recommend staying here, or if so, do not leave ANY valuables in your room (even if they are hidden right at the bottom of a backpack, wrapped in paper and plastic. the person who stole it must have looked for a long time to find it...)

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I just came back yesterday from Bangkok and the first thing I wanted to do was to review this hotel. We've been tipped by friends to stay on that street while in Bangkok because it's 5 minutes from Khao San Road without the hustle and bustle. Well that part is true. If you like to sleep at night this is the place to be, no night clubs around and way less people walking down that street. We visited 5 different guest houses (including the well rated Erawan) and choosed this one because it was the cheapest.

The rooms were a little small, but we didn't care because we usually don't spend that much time there. Walls are probably painted white but are now almost black with all the dirt on it. The shower point directly at the toilet which is unpleasant when you want to use it after. But, if you visit places like that you pretty much kinda expect those things. Especially when you visit the rooms first (which you must absolutely do!)

The worst part was the service. When we booked the rooms, staff was very nice. As soon as we finished that part, the 3 persons at the lobby probably changed their shifts and were replaced by the 3 most rude persons I've ever seen in any hotel, hostel, guesthouse in the world!!

Everytime we entered the place they were constantly checking our account to see if we had paid (you must pay in advance...which we did!) very unpolite behavior, laughing at people. We've witness them 2 times arguing with customers who were checking out that the TV remote control wasn't in the room and that they had to pay 200 baht!! SCAM!
Hey I even took a picture of the AC and TV remote in my room in case they do me the same thing!

And the worst part, the checkout! Of course we had to deal with the terrible lady at the desk. I was getting down the luggage in the lobby when she litteraly screamed at me : THE KEY!! GIVE ME THE KEY!!
I politely said calm down, I'm not finished with the room but she screamed at me again GIVE ME THE DAMN KEY!
She really seemed to have a problem, she was even arguing with the 2 other person at the lobby. OK, maybe I had a bad experience there that will never happen again but...there really seem to have 3-4 other guesthouses on that street...my advice? Try anyone of them but stay away from the Four Sons.
The funny part is that under their sign it's written : Comfortable and friendly. The 2 only things they were not.

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Let me tell you I have stayed in this hotel many times for a total of over 50 or more days.There are a couple things to know: I never had anything stolen but then again i never leave anything of value in any hotel. The staff is very friendly and the service is ok they pretty much know what I want when I want it. Now and then you may need to ask for a towel but i go through a lot of them.
The restaurant is very good for the price and there are lots of other places to eat within a 5 minute walk. You can also get to Ko Sarn road in about 3 minutes if you walk slowly. Beer is cheap and they show movies on a big screen tv every afternoon and you can watch the people and enjoy the atmosphere.
They also have internet right there in the restaurant. Coffe is strong and there is always a special of some kind , including a good American style breakfast.
Come late afternoon the street becomes very busy with vendors of all kinds and bars with live music. Here's where it gets tricky it will be loud on the street until late 2-3 depending on the day but I always stay in the front but if you stay in the rear of the hotel you will not hear the street as much. I have worked 5 star hotels in Hawaii all my life and although this is not five star it is dollar for dollar my favorite!!!

Date of stay: September 2007