“Great place warm welcome !!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok
Ranked #73 of 1,389 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The first time I stay at hostel I choose mad monkey because I had read reviews people said good and enjoyable,
Of course is true , I am arrival at evening time with Lady at front desk all everyone call her P" tuk I am not clear that I can write her name is correct, I was confused my booking all my room had man but I ask her to had all room with lady she is really quick,to assist me
After I go to room with all lady the first time in my life stay ,
I would love to recommended anyone to come here u will know
Don't miss if u come to Bangkok stay at Mad monkey hostel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Kelly I, Marketing Manager at Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for this great review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Mad Monkey Bangkok. If you ever return to the Big Mango, be sure to stop by! Safe travels.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here when it had first opened. Yhe tooms are massive with strong aircon and clean bathrooms. The bar and restaurant is more expensive than local food, but of high quality. It's a 5 min walk from Khao San Road and has a lovely pool and many social areas. Can't recommend it highly enough!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
MMCommunications, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review, it was a pleasure to have you stay here we hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Thank you for staying at a socially responsible hostel.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed 5 days in the mad monkey hostel in Bangkok and I loved it ❤️... it has it's own bar and restaurant. They serve a lot of different drinks and the food was very delicious! The bar closes at 12 but that's not the end of the night because khao san Road is only 7 minutes away!! The stuff was very friendly and cleaned the dorms every day. If you have any questions you can always ask the reception, they are very nice and always try to help. Not to forget the pool where you can relax and have a cold drink with your new friends :)... i was very surprised about the laundry service. If you have dirty clothes that have to be washed, just give them to the reception they will wash them and you can pick them up the next day, for a reasonable amount of money :)) .... I can highly recommend this Hostel !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
MMCommunications, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for your glowing review of The Mad Monkey - we are delighted you enjoyed your time here! We hope to see you again soon for more good times. Thank you for staying at a socially responsible hostel.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We ended up staying longer because we loved it here. Location is pretty close to Khao San Road, around a 10 minute walk. The hostel is very new and clean. Food is good in the hostel, although a bit more expensive than restaurants around the corner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for an awesome review! We hope you come back and visit us soon. These reviews really do matter to us and they are always read and considered. We are pleased you had a great time here, thanks again! Thank you for staying at a socially responsible hostel.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Good location and friendly staff however
- NO WIFI even though it says there is WIFi. Constantly cuts off and only works in one spot in entire hostel.
- No lift and there are many floors, inconvenience if you have heavy luggage.
- Bar closes 12AM.
- No iron

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Kelly I, Marketing Manager at Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Hello Rahima, and thank you for your review. Having read your feedback, I am truly sorry that, unlike most of our guests, you didn’t have an awesome time at Mad Monkey Bangkok. Had you informed us of these issues during your stay, we would have done everything in our power to address them and provide you with a great experience, such as assist you with your luggage. We have also done everything we can to make the Wi-Fi work faster, and it does work well for most people. We are constantly working to improve it, however, and we do hope to implement positive changes as soon as possible. Thanks again for booking with us, we hope you’ll give us another shot soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Very friendly staff that helps you out with everything you need. Good atmosphere, good food and availability of a swimming pool makes this place nice to stay. It's not the cheapest though. Location is good, as it is very close to Kao San Road and the pier. Rooms are clean and the aircon works good (a little too good in my opinion). It's also a good party hostel, but if you want to sleep this is probably not the best place to go, as you can hear the music from downstairs quite good untill at least 1 am.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

It was awesome to have you stay with us at The Mad Monkey! Thank you very much for your kind review we hope to see you soon. Thank you for staying at a socially responsible hostel.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Good location, but a lot of little things added up to make our stay uncomfortable.

Elevator doesn't work.

Wifi is awful (even in the bar).

The rooms are really disappointing. (We had a private 2 person room, no idea what the dorms were like).

We booked because this was advertised as a new hostel with a pool and thought it would be really fresh and clean. It's actually an old hostel which has been taken over - the rooms are really grubby. The shower didn't drain properly and there was a smell from the drains. The toilet leaked water when you flushed it.

They only take cash - not specified beforehand.

If you're going to stay, call and check if the construction work next door is finished. We were woken up by it every day.

The bar and restaurant are great. Staff are really nice, food is amazing (really, amazing!) and the bar is really good in the evenings.

I'm sorry to leave such a negative review - but I really wish we hadn't stayed here.

They say they're a new hostel and to bare with them - but Mad Monkey is a well established international brand, I expected so much more, was so disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017
MMCommunications, Owner at Mad Monkey Hostel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi, so sorry that you didn’t have the perfect experience, and we appreciate the feedback. The wifi issue wasn't to do with the hostel itself, it was the local supplier. The local wifi has now been fixed and is firing on all cylinders. Travel safely knowing that we are doing all we can to make sure all our guests and the local community have the best time possible. Have a great rest of your trip!