“Welcome home sir!”

Ranked #82 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Deer Park, Texas
“Welcome home sir!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

"Welcome home sir!" This is how I was greeted when I came back from a quick trip down to Phuket after having stayed there off and on for the 2 weeks prior. As soon as I walk in, everyone at the front desk recognized me... I was offered a cold towel and cold earl gray tea... perfect beings that it was hot outside. I didnt bother to reserve a room, didnt think I'd need to. Was told the normal Superior room that I get wasnt available... I was really upset that I wasnt going to be able to spend my last night in Thailand at my favorite hotel. Then she told me she had a Premier room available that she'd give me for a Superior price... since I had stayed there so often for the past few weeks.

Little things like that.... price was just fine... room was great... washer/dryer in the room was easy to operate... breakfast was tasty.... staff was always nice and helpful... food was good at the restaurant on the 5th floor... LOVE THE SHOWER!!!... only thing I wish I could have experienced was the new bar that they intend on opening on the roof in March!

Great stay!

Room Tip: You just cant go wrong with whatever you get here! Every room I ever had was perfect!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Robot_Jon
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear Robot_Jon,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. I have shared your review with our front desk and they were happy to assist. We always try and make our guests feel at home. Your right, we are opening our Above Eleven rooftop very soon.

Derrick Gooch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed 3 nights here - didn't really expect much, just needed a place to be based for Bangkok trips. We have stayed in BKK a few times but this place was amazing.
Firstly we asked if we could book in very early as arrived in BKK at 6am - not a problem, straight up to rooms and porter didn't ask for tip or hang around, almost had to chase him to give tip. The room was a suite, cheap deal at £68 a night with breakfast. It was massive, kitchen area with washing machine/tumble dryer (free powder) (free tea coffee & water). Large living area and flat screen tv. One of the biggest beds ever in bedroom and another flat screen tv. Really nice bathroom with huge walk in shower, big bath etc. best free soaps etc.
Location - close to sky train, Nana Station, use this to get around so cheap, really easy to use, air conned (love the heat but small respites in the city are nice), also Tuk Tuks & Taxis are getting really pushy about taking you to "nice cheap shop, you look around me charge only 20Baht" Yes becasuse you get taken to overpriced hassling clothes and jewelry shops, if you don't buy it is a problem as one instance we were droped off (kicked out) nowhere near our hotel because we hadn't bought anything so he didn't get kick back. Anyway that's nothing to do with the hotel. It's short taxi ride from Makkasan station which is direct train to sirport for less than 100baht - (taxis from airport ar 500-1000Baht), easy to find in station, single train line - no problem.
Reception staff very helpful.
Room - Brill, A SOFT MATTRESS - if you haven't experienced a Thai mattress you can't believe how a soft one is such an important thing.
Gym - enough to work off the breakfast.
Pool - small but good enough to wash away the BKK days heat & dust from sight seeing. (really please shower the dust off first)
Breakfast - best in Thailand so far (6 trips & 13 hotels and counting) Proper bread, nicely cooked food, WOW pastries and wide selection of other food.
Restaurant - good food nice service.
Many good restaurants around area.
From Front of Hotel go Left, 20m, Left 20m then right - loads of places to eat drink and end of road Nana Station.
Careful if you go straight out of hotel you end up in market area that is very muslim & indian, pushy and narky - not like Thais who are smiley and helpful.
I agree with some other comments that it is slightly tired (and that's really too strong a word to use, all hotel require tarting up after a few years).
I can't recommend this hotel enough - it has made me re-think many of my previous hotel scores - I've been over scoring slightly. Great price, great location and excellent facitities.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kiffs68
Dear Kiffs68,

Soi 11 is a great street to visit during a stay in Bangkok with so many great places to try. Please stay tuned Above Eleven our new Restaurant and bar located on the 33rd floor coming soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Cannot fault the apartment - it was outstanding and we would definitely recommend. The only fault I have with this place, and it isn't a biggie, is that the checking in staff were rather slow and got easily distracted with phone calls etc with irritates me. The food in the restaurant downstairs, although obviously more expensive than outside, was delicious and the staff in the restaurant were very professional and couldn't do enough to help.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank natcruz
FSSK-GMDerrick, General Manager at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Natcruz,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our spacious rooms, location and breakfast.

As far as your comments about check in are concerned we are sorry to hear and take note of your concern and will discuss with front office manager to give more attention when guest are checking in.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.

Singapore
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is the 4th time at Fraser Suites BKK. Great value for money, great location for party people. I was not so happy about the service at breakfast, bit moody people this time (ok, also my fault because i came late the first day), but breakfast itself is good. I recommend the place and i'll book it again if i get it for the same price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Herb360
Dear Herb360,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our spacious rooms, and location.

As far as your comments about breakfast are concerned we are sorry to hear and take note of your concern and will discuss with my restaurant team.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The hotel is situated 3 min (walking distance) from Sukumvit Road. The location is good but if you want to go to the big shopping malls like Gaysorn Bangkok you have to take tuk tuk. It will take about 7min and will cost 100 bahts.
Around the hotel there are a few nice nightlife spots: Bed Supperclub and Qbar. We were in QBar which is next to Fraser Suites. Ask in the hotel for the free vouchers.
The hotel staff in is very friendly and helpful. They have even helped us with organizing taxi's for the trips.
We had the suite on the 26th floor with the panoramic view of the city. The suit includes comfortable living room with IPod docking station, writing desk and TV. There is also fully equipped kitchen and dining table for 4 people, a big bedroom and the bathroom with the shower and the bathtube.
As we had only breakfast in the hotel I can honestly say that breakfast was very good with the wide choice of hot and cold dishes, vegetables and pastries.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Arabpiter
Dear Arabpiter,

Soi 11 is a great street to visit during a stay in Bangkok with so many great places to try. Please stay tuned Above Eleven our new Restaurant and bar located on the 33rd floor in March!

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great place to stay in the heart of Bangkok, I`ve been there two times and will get back soon to
get a break of the cold german winter.......Nice and mindfull staff / especially Ms. Kattoon.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 911Harry911
Dear 911Harry911,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Fraser Suites Sukhumvit. I have shared your review with K. Kattoon and she was happy to assist.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel on January 2012 for 4 night and I had my best stay ever in Bkk.
I got a nice huge room like an appartment for a reasonable price with a big living room, kitchenette and a large bed.
The location of the hotel is perfect (depends on what you're looking for) because sukhumvit soi 11 is in my opinion the best for staying in bkk. On soi 11, you can appreciate a good meal in a restaurant or take a drink in a nice place or have a big party in one of the best club in town so you don't need to take any taxi.
It was my first stay in this hotel but not the last for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Foodlovervn
Dear Foodlovervn,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our spacious rooms, kitchenette and Soi 11 location. I’m pleased to hear that our products and services met your expectations. Your kind appreciation encourages our team members to continue strive for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fraser Suites in your future travels to Bangkok.