Free cancellation until 28/07
US$517
US$445
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
All reviewsnational stadium btssliding doorjim thompson housewalking distance from mbksiam siam design hoteltriple roomtoilet and showerthe main roadibis hotelbts stationholiday inn expresssecurity depositmodern designswimming poolfew minutes walkbaht depositmini fridge
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Happy3 has a very nice concept. It has a very clean and minimalistic look.

It is relatively near to BTS National Stadium (approx. 300m). However, I overlooked the fact that National Stadium is very near to Siam BTS (walkable dist.) which is the heart of BKK. Therefore, at the end of the day, I realized I tend to walk alot more than intended (walking from National Stadium to Siam, equivalent to 2 BTS stations). It kind of defeat the purpose of staying near a BTS station when you don't take the BTS. That aside, if your stay requires you to travel alot on BTS out of Siam, you will benefit from its close proximity to National Stadium.

There are a few push cart food stalls outside the hotel that you might want to try out. Otherwise, you can get your tummy filled from the nearby MBK food court or Siam shopping area.

The triple room that I had was relatively big. It was well equipped with basic necessities as well as a hair dryer and mini fridge. The only thing lacking is disposable toothbrush.

I have no issues with the room except for the design of the toilet. The shower area and toilet bowl are separated into two cubicles. However, they share the same sliding door. Thus, one can only do one thing at a time unless privacy is not an issue with you and your partner. In addition, the basin layout and basin tap are not user-friendly. It is not easy to open the tap if your hands are wet.

The swimming pool opens from 8am-10pm. The size and depth (1.3m) of the pool is good for a swim of few laps.

Happy3 provides you with a mini guide around the area upon checking in. In the room, they also provide you with information like eating recommendation etc. This is a nice touch.

In summary, apart from the toilet, my stay with Happy3 have been a pleasant one. Service is good too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynniehead
Reviewed March 29, 2018

Outside hotel no taxi or tuk tuk, must walk around 1km just have taxi or tuk tuk, fare also more expensive.Room not so clean. Even bathroom and stool room separate but only one door, means door only can close either side. The breakfast no much variety. If you have child above 6years old they will consider as adult.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This is my second stay at the hotel and there are several good points to the hotel which has been sufficiently covered in most reviews for this property. There are only two gripes to highlight and that you should be aware of before you plan your itinerary especially on your last stay. The hotel check out time is 12pm. It doesn’t matter how late you check in, the check out time stays the same. On both occasions that this happened, we were fined 690 baht for the late check out. My argument is that I had a late check in, should I at least get an hour later? No the staff refused to budge. Now most hotels generally would consent to a late check out especially when guests check in late but not Happy 3. So do take note.
My other gripe is the 3000 baht security deposit. Such an inconvenience and absolutely unnecessary.

Again, most hotels would have no issues with a late check out. Happy 3 should consider changing their check out times to 2pm. 12pm is just not a sensible time for guests.

This leaves a bad aftertaste to an otherwise pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ben L
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Stayed in Happy 3 for 3 nights - spacious & clean room, nice staff in good English

location: super convenient, you can find 7-11, Mc'Donald's, bank within 10mins walk, close to National Stadium BTS Station and walkable distance to Siam

room: it's spacious for couple and same as photos provided on website, you will feel comfortable if you like japanese woody style and minimal style. Clean but replenishment on towel wasn't too standardised as sometimes not replenish but sometimes 2, it's ok for me coz I stayed in solo. remember to bring your toothbrush, toothpaste, hair conditioner as this is not provided in room, not sure if they provide by request as I had my own.

Staff: they are very helpful and nice

Pool: cannot comment coz it's under maintenance during my stay

Room Tip: bring your cleansing needs
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Katrina M
Reviewed March 8, 2018

This small boutique size hotel was perfect for my 4 night stay in Bangkok. It was easy for me to use transit to/from the airport for me.
The rooms are not overly big or small, just right-size I would say. The air-con worked great which is definitely a big deal in Bangkok
The bed was comfortable to sleep on. Not overly firm like some others I had slept on during my trip. If I had to pick fault it would be that if I hadn't been travelling solo, my wife would have had to climb out over me if she needed to use the bathroom during the night as the bed is pushed up against the wall on one side.
The pool was nice to swim in at the end of the day, but it is in a kind of atrium of the building. This has a two-fold effect. You cant really lounge around it in the sun, because it never gets full sun. And the pool always stays a little cool for my personal liking. Having said that, it was very refreshing at the end of the day to be able to cool down in it.
I never tried the hotel breakfast buffet, but did wander through there one morning. It looked pretty average so I gave it a miss. There are other options for breakfast in the area...

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo