“Delicious!”

Casa Azul
Ranked #1,410 of 12,526 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Neighbourhood: Ari
Description: Hearty homemade Mexican cuisine in an art inspired setting.
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I happened to drop in on their grand opening night and was blown away by the quality of the food! Tamales, tacos, and some other dishes I wasn't sure the name of, but they were bursting with flavor. Staff was obviously extremely busy due to the turnout, but the owners are fun, friendly guys! Great up and coming area as well. Will definitely be returning on my next visit to Bangkok!

1  Thank James T

Reviewed July 7, 2015

Make sure you order one of everything on the menu!!! My partner and I did and didnt regret it!

If you go for the Tequila..... avoid the cheap stuff and order the best stuff for 200Bhat... itll be worth it!

2  Thank Lbishop1986
Reviewed July 7, 2015

I visited with a few friends before the official opening and noticed how much of a buzz there was already to this place even though it wasn't even supposed to be operating at full capacity - always a good sign.
Service was very attentive and efficient and even though I knew exactly what I wanted (chicken burrito) others in our group were Mexican food virgins and needed some gentle nudging towards forming a decision on what to eat - the staff member was very happy to run through the menu (which was very good value by the way) and provide their own recommendations and could clearly see that the he was incredibly enthusiastic about the food that they were serving - again another good sign.
And the food certainly did not disappoint! The burrito I had was quite easily the best I've had in Bangkok, it tasted fresh and was not a heavy daunting experience like some burritos where they try and cram everything under the sun in there to beef it up a little! This was a back to basics no nonsense burrito that I very much enjoyed and couldn't ask more of - couple that with the fun, laid back and friendly atmosphere of this place along with one or several of their bulldog margaritas and you've got yourself a top night out in Ari haven't you?!
I shall be back upon my next visit to BKK!

1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

I love Mexican food and have tried probably every Mexican restaurant in Bangkok. This restaurant opened pretty recently so I checked it out and was surprised how good the food was! The taste and flavour of the food was very authentic and had a home made quality to it. I loved the sauces they had; try the white coloured one if you like it spicy!

The place itself is not very big but it's cozy and inviting. We sat downstairs but I think they have an upstairs too. The location of the restaurant is in a happening part of Bangkok, Soi Ari, and is only a few minute walk from the BTS station.

I've only been there once so far but I'm definitely going back again! My fave Mexican restaurant at the moment for sure.

1  Thank OneTripAtATimeXYZ
Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

Even the decor has that authentic Mexican feel. A must try for anyone looking for Mexican food in Bangkok. The prices are very reasonable and the staff were well trained and friendly.

1  Thank haria86