“The New Yorker Cafe”

The New Yorker Cafe
Ranked #426 of 12,758 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: American breakfast, big breakfast, vegetarian no meat breakfast as well as a variety of other breakfast options. Reuben pastrami sandwich with sauerkraut and melted Swiss cheese on sour dough rye. Italian sausages imported from the U.S. served with grilled peppers and onions on Italian bread. Meatball hero sandwich, chicken parmigian hero. Homemade desserts including apple and cherry pie, rice pudding, jello as well as Sundaes, milk shakes and banana splits. Root beer float, egg cream, all beef hot dogs. Singa, Heineken, Chang, San Miguel Light. Red and white wine, full selection of alcoholic beverages.
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

On 11 Jun, we walked for 10 mins looking for an eatery that served breakfast. It was past 10am and many eateries have stopped serving the morning meal or some eateries only served drinks and cakes/muffins which we thought was not substantial enough for our most important meal of the day. We then chanced upon "The New Yorker Cafe" when we were near Exchange Tower/Asok BTS station.

A small eatery, The New Yorker Cafe, had a cosy & homely feel. We ordered the All Day Breakfast which cost us 195 Baht per pax. It was not bad except that the toast was kinda burnt. Not a big issue, we just scraped off that top layer.

Owned by an American guy and staff spoke fluent and good English.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

This small restaurant is squeezed in to the check in desk for a small hotel. Run by a New York native it features real western breakfast, which is a nice alternative to the typical hotel buffets. Food was good, service friendly.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Just around the corner from our hotel us this little gem the New Yorker cafe , it's s must for breakfast or just a coffee delicious friendly atmosphere great place to chill will definitely be back

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner only just arrived in Bangkok and was walking around finding are bearings when we stumbled on the New Yorker and although at first it didn't look fantastic we were very happy that we went in as we found the food & drinks really good and great value. also as we were trying to find out what's good to do in Bangkok we found the owner very pleasant and helpful with his knowledge of Bangkok and would definitely recommend as well as we would go back there our selfs.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

My husband and I used to only order breakfast to be delivered from The New Yorker Cafe. For 2 years that's all we ordered and it all was amazing. The Breakfast sets the bagels, so good!

Last month we actually went into The New Yorker and had dinner. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich as I had not had a chicken salad sandwich in Bangkok that I enjoyed. BAM! So amazing! I've ordered at least 4 times from The New Yorker Cafe since and I'm hooked on the sandwiches.

Thank you for sharing some delicious American goodness for those times when I just need some comfort food.