“Worth a try. ”

Ranked #1,660 of 12,855 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighbourhood: Pathumwan
Neighbourhood: Pathumwan
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

I booked a table for two at the last minute. They did not tell me it was a private room for 4 to 6!!! It was ok after I asked them to leave the sliding door open.

The food is fine but not five star. We had heaps of fresh sashimi. I tried shiokara (a spicy squid dish) for the first time and it is to be recommended.

Of course I had a bottle of saki.

The service is of course was great.

Easy to find. Parking at the hotel behind the restaurant.

Will I go back? Probably not as there are a lot of restaurants in Bangkok yet to try.

Reviewed September 12, 2016

Sashimi at Misho is quite fresh. If you are a sashimi lover then you will enjoy the sashimi bar. The sushi chefs are Japanese. The restaurant is popular with local Japanese businessmen so avoid middle lunch time unless you have reservation.

I ordered the sushi platter with some side order of select sashimi. The sushi was fine and the portion reasonable. Something similar to what you might eat in Tokyo. But the sashimi I ordered was a failure. I wanted to try something different than the usual toro and fatty salmon tummy I usually order and thought the strange fish name sounded interesting. It was a white color flesh which had no taste at all and was very lean with no fat so basically tasteless. I thought I would try another strange sashimi dish. Same outcome. Flesh was too lean and was flavourless. I guess next time stick with toro.

Homemade tofu was OK but nothing special. Basically no different than the stuff you buy at your local supermarket. Their cheesecake tofu desert was a little more interesting however.

Price wise a little too much on the high end for what I got. A very generous 4 stars.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

Went for lunch on Sunday, place was busy, not full; the location at Glass House is very nice.
The menu has a little of all japanese comfort foods, but they do best in sushi and in particular sushi Don. Their sets are very rich, not only they come with a nice fish miso soup but also a small crab salad, a steamed egg custard and a small very tasty dumpling.

The soft homemade tofu is a must in the appetizers section, deliciuos.

The salmon roll was very fresh and abundant and so was the nicely seasoned fried fish salad.

You can feel there is a lot of care for customers in this place: service was impeccable, food was very well prepared and the menu is not the usual low cost japanese. We spent less than 700thb per person and left very full and happy. We will come back for sure!

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for quality Japanese food Friendly staff here is the place. The restaurant is located at the glass house builded by high ceiling glass in front of Sindhorn building. Not crowded of people. It's good for dating, friends or even business talking.

Reviewed January 12, 2016

I visited Misho on a Sunday afternoon. The reason I wanted to visit this place was because of their tofu. They have a dish called Mineoka tofu which is like a milky tofu and I knew I had to try it. The restaurant is set in a very casual mood. Glass windows letting in natural light also made it very inviting and comfortable. Parking is also available. No problem at all there. We ordered the tofu and sushi set. Sushi was great and the fish were very fresh. The tofu was to-die-for. I would come back again just for the tofu. Staff were very attentive and I asked for the sushi rice to be of smaller portion and they did so accordingly. I would like to visit this place again for sure.