“great class and very helpful”

Siam Rice Thai Cookery School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

This is a magic class. After this class, you can cook better than any Thai restaurants in your town. The Thai food in America is a joke compare to what I cooked with Nancy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)
All reviews
"from scratch"
in 39 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 61 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly hosts and instructors, my two children roam around freely while we learn to cook the dishes. If they are old enough, they can help out in the cooking. We were brought to a local market and learnt a few types of vegetables used in Thai cooking, left to roam the market for a while. Dishes are fantastic!!!

Reviewed December 10, 2017

I found out about this cooking workshop through the hostel I was staying that and booked just a night in advance. I would say that was the best decision ever. I was picked up from my hostel the day the workshop was scheduled and along with 5 other travellers who were picked up along the way, we were taken to a local market where we met Koi (I hope I've spelled her name right), our cooking instructor, who is as funny as she is knowledgeable. She introduced us to some local Thai ingredients, made us smell and taste them and tested our knowledge on the same. She then took us to the school and we had to select the dishes we wanted to cook. I went for the full day/7-course meal as I was excited about cooking each of the dishes. And it was a stellar experience. Right from telling us step by step how to go about the recipe, she improved some of our cooking skills which we wouldn't have refined otherwise. At the end, we were each given a certificate saying we'd passed the course and that brought a smile on all our faces. I wish Koi all the very best and certainly would love to do the workshop on my next visit to Chiang Mai because it was one of the best things to happen on this trip of mine.

1  Thank Alok V
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Hats off to Nancy and the crew! Good fun! Never a dull moment! As someone who barely cooks they made it easy!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

I did the evening course and came hungry, thank goodness! Our teacher was great and really funny. She had her jokes down pat!

Throughout the course everyone was guided step by step based on what dishes they chose, and she came around adding coconut milk or telling us to turn off the heat etc.

First portion was soup and noodles and after we ate those we made a fried dish, curry and dessert. Got to go home with a recipe book and a *diploma*! I highly recommend.