All reviewsflight pathbalcony roomrestaurants and shopschiang mai airportmaya mallold townthe room was nicerooms are comfortablebeautiful hotelnecessitiesoasis
Reviewed January 17, 2017

I have stayed here various times over the years, and while I love the location and the blueprint I will say that my most recent visit proved the hotel needs a bit of an overhaul. The rooms are dated and new bedding, towels, bathroom appliances need to be installed.

That said, we had a lovely stay here. There are pros and cons. It would be ALL pros if they just updated a bit.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful property in a great location that needs some maintenance and management. The Lana buildings are gorgeous, as are the trees and flowers, but our room (one of their best, executive suite) hasn't been updated in many years, in need of new paint, new TV, bathroom refresh, and bedding and towels, all of which were old and sub-standard for the price point. Ceiling fan in bathroom was filthy.

Individual staff were friendly, but management was weak. We left for the day (9am -2pm), and our room was not made up despite leaving the sign on the door asking for the room to be made up.

This place has so much potential. Not currently a good example of Thai hospitality, especially given the price (~$130 a night).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I like to review things positively to promote the good places. If something isn't good, I just don't post a review. Being in business is tough and most people running a hotel or restaurant mean well and work hard. For me, a 3 star would be an average, expected, type of experience. My stay here was a step down from that. The place is in a decent location next to a lot of action. It is also close to the airport so you'll hear the jets overhead. When I walked in to my room the walls had tons of marks in them from furniture being moved around and luggage being smacked up against the wall. Lots and lots of noticeable marks. Nobody in the hotel had ever thought to touch up the room? That was bugging me and then we looked at the bed comforter, and I counted 4 splotchy noticeable stains: a tan one, a brown streak, a blue one, and a pink one. That was gross. Then my wife pulled back the sheet and a long black hair was in the middle of the bed. Clearly the bed sheets had not been changed since the last people were there. I think looked at the canopy above our bed and it was full of dust.

I have never in my life walked into a hotel room and decided I needed to find a other place to stay. We looked for another hotel but it just wasn't feasible with the group we were traveling with.

We called the front desk. It was late at night and we were exhausted from a big day of touring. The housekeeping had gone for the day so the overnight front desk did the best to find new bed linens for both beds. It took then awhile but they got it done. We took the dusty canopy down.

When something like this happens the problem because that if the staff can't manage the noticeable parts of cleaning a room, what else isn't getting done that I can't see. I opened up the AC unit and of course the filter was caked with dust too. Gross again.

We complained in the morning. Management did in fact do a heavy cleaning of the room which we appreciated. After that, we lived with it.

Breakfast was so-so.

The TV is an ancient tube style TV.

I don't know who was checked out here, management or ownership. Still, all I would have needed was clean sheets, clean walls, and a dust free room. I'm not that picky.

I expected some type of 'we are sorry so here is a credit on your bill'- 1 night, half a night? I do this in my own business and mistakes happen. I got a bowl fruit.

Anyway, the other people we were traveling with said their rooms were in good shape. Not sure why ours wasn't maintained.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank WCCZip43
Reviewed December 28, 2016

Stylistically the hotel has a nice wooden vintage feeling. Lots of green throughout the hotel, it makes you forget you are in the "city".
Hotel staff is friendly.
Rooms are comfortable, we picked a room with a bath tub...the bath tub is HUGE and it takes approximately 3 hours to fill it up. Nice hot shower with extra pressure also.

Breakfast had a nice variety of mixed Western and Thai options, also a cook is ready to bake fresh omelettes on demand.

The location of the resort is convenient with cafes and restaurants around it.

Great stay!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2016

This is a small boutique-style hotel set in a lovely garden. The location is right in the thick of things in the Niman area. However, the hotel compound is walled up and secluded. But the surrounding area is all built up and full of construction work, so you might hear loud construction sounds. The room is well furnished with dark wood but dated. It is clean but furnishings and fittings are old. Lighting is good. Staff are good. Basically there are 3 floors. Rooms on the ground level have direct access to ponds and the garden or the pool. Rooms on the 2nd level have a balcony. Rooms on the 3rd level are larger in lieu of a balcony. Breakfast is like any 3-star hotel breakfast in Thailand; that means insipid and lacking in inspiration. You'd do well to stick to the eggs and bacon. Coffee, if it can be called coffee, was totally horrible. Because the area is in the flight path, the plane noise is quite loud, starting from before 6 am till after midnight.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends