“Amazing!”

Mike's Authentic Trekking
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Mike. I grew up in a Karen village and have worked as a tour guide for more than five years. Mike’s Authentic Trekking is your best choice for an AUTHENTIC hill tribe trekking experience. Spend a night in a Karen village! Spend a second night in a Lahu village! Eat their food…learn their language…wear their clothing…discover their culture. An AUTHENTIC experience! Also included: trekking, bamboo rafting, and a visit with rescued elephants! 1-, 2-, or 3-Day Tours Available! Would you like to go on a spectacular trekking tour through the remote jungles of Northern Thailand? On a 1-, 2-, or 3-day excursion with Mike’s Authentic Trekking, you will enjoy breathtaking views on a guided tour through the trails and mountains north of Chiang Mai. Our treks are one-of-a-kind journeys into lush, green, mostly-unseen jungles, and provide a unique opportunity to experience the authentic culture of the native hill tribes. If you are interested in personalized or group trekking tour out
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were in Thailand for 20 days and this was the best experience by far!
He met us the day before to make sure we were waiting in the right place and to give us all the information which I think was very professional and safe.
Mike made us feel very comfortable during the trip and what I liked the most was his background, he grew up in a village and all his insights and stories were invaluable.
Mike is very friendly and chatty and he really makes you feel at home, you can ask him whatever you want.
I recommend him 100%.
Hope to see you in London Mike ;)

1  Thank LonMad18
"local village"
in 5 reviews
"amazing trek"

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Mike's trekking has been one of the highlights from my 3 week adventure through Thailand. He's hilarious and knowledgeable and will make you feel warm and welcome. The trek itself is challenging and rewarding and you get to see some very beautiful places. We read that Mike's trekking was the best and we were not disappointed! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Anu B
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Went there with 3 of my friends. We do hiking a lot in our country. This trip was awesome. Not hard, not easy. Mike is such a good man. He is a very good guide. Always smiling, and he loves to answers any questions we have. Also, he's been raised in the jungle village so he know what he's doing and what he is talking about. Today, my legs hurt. But my heart is filled with remembers for the rest of my life.

1  Thank Maxime J
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for a wild experience and be out of your comfort zone, it’s your chance. Mike is amazing and such a good singer too...! Best way to live the jungle, I really recommand.

1  Thank Etienne A
See more reviews
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

This was a very pleasant and versatile tour. By hiking and rafting we visited two authentic villages and an elephant shelter. Especially moving by bamboo raft felt like a very unique way to explore the rainforest in its whole beauty. Pablo, our guide, was wholesomely welcoming and did everything he could to make our stay worth it. After my children (both over 20 years old) showed interest in his cooking style, he even teached them in typical Thai cuisine. Speaking of the meals: There always was plenty and delicious food waiting for us. The hiking and rafting was not too tiresome, and Pablo made sure that everyone was having a good time by offering enough brakes. Everytime we had questions, he was happy to answer. As Pablo and his brother are living in one of the villages themselves, we got an exclusive perspective on the real life in these areas of Thailand. On our whole trip, we only saw one other group of tourists, so it is not too crowded. We really would recommend this tour for everyone interested in nature and village life.

2  Thank Kerstin H