All reviews carved furniture old town four poster bed lanna style spa bath luxury room walking distance beautiful room large shower nice boutique hotel our honeymoon tour desk traditional thai buffet style the location is perfect small pool checking out
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in room 1 for 4 days. Really enjoyed it! Very nice airport shuttle. Our room was just next to the pool which is very convenient. Decoration is lovely. 4 bottles of water a day. Tip that the jacuzzi hot and cold buttons are opposite. Blue is hot and red is cold. WiFi is fast. Breakfast was included - food was okay, and there are a lot of restaurants nearby if you want to try something different. They place mosquito coils outside each door in the evening, nice touch. We had an early excursion one day and they packed us a breakfast to take with us- croissant, yogurt, and sandwich.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 10 days, July into August. Small boutique hotel in the the traditional Lanna style with breakfast included in the price. No restaurant but lots of places to eat well nearby.

We had a very spacious room with separate bathroom with spa bath and shower. Toiletries,bathrobes hairdryer and tea and coffee provided. Good selection at breakfast,with different hot dishes daily. Comfy bed,cotton bedlinen and thick towels, room serviced daily. Attractive swimming pool with spa, library and computer room and free WiFi. All staff were friendly and efficient and very courteous. We had a great stay and would stay again.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

This Lanna style hotel with heavy carved furnishings andvaulted ceilings was quiet, professional and well located. The staff were friendly and helpful, the salt water pool area exceptionally attractive and well-maintained. Beds were firm but comfortable. All the bells and whistles were added—jacuzzi tub, pool towels,drinking water, huge towels, and an extensive and delicious breakfast buffet to that caters to the various tastes of a diverse group of tourists. While cheaper hotels are available, this one was worth the money. And still. A bargain by U.S. standards.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
sirilanna2013, General Manager at Villa Sirilanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Dear jeniferjaronson

Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation. It is very much appreciated ! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was up to your expectations. I will be sharing your compliments with my team and can assure you that they will all be
delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Phansak Boonpeng

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

This beautiful and traditional Thai styled hotel in the heart of the Old City, Chiang Mai cannot be faulted.

The downstairs (1st level) rooms are the pick as they have immediate pool access and beautiful large wooden double doors. The rooms are large, elegantly decorated with traditional wooden carved furniture items including four posted king sized beds. Some rooms have large spas and the bathrooms are stunning!!! The pool is beautiful, however the chemicals are quite strong to keep the bugs out so best not to open your eyes under water.

The lobby is gorgeous, fully manned and the staff here are lovely. They speak English quite well and are very helpful. This is a fantastic great value for money hotel and we will definitely be back.

Thank you!

Dear Sambo70

delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Phansak Boonpeng

Reviewed July 2, 2018

The hotel is in a fantastic location in the centre of the Old City, around a 5 mins walk away from Wat Chedi Luang and in close proximity to some good restaurants. Certainly ideal on location in Chiang Mai.

I also quite liked the room - it was very spacious, well equipped with a old-fashioned design that I quite liked. Unfortunately, the first room I had was too dark and the air con and safety deposit box didn't work (and also they used a padlock to lock the door?!) - but it was certainly a huge room. My second room wasn't as big, but much nicer with better lighting. The bed was too hard for my liking, but certainly very big.

However, the greatest disappointment was the very poor service. I'm truly baffled reading comments on the "wonderful staff" - some people here must have some super low standards because I felt the staff here were awful.

For a start, no one responded to my emails request an airport pickup service, and I had to find my own way to the hotel - only to later discover they have a free transfer service that no one had bothered to tell me about.

Once I arrived, I found the staff to be cold with no attempts to be friendly or welcoming. While this wouldn't bother me in a cheap hotel or hostel, this was one of more expensive options - so it was really disappointing. I've stayed in other, cheaper places around the world and they would put the staff at this hotel to shame. It sounds over the top, but when you pay more, you expect a nicer attitude from the staff, maybe with a smile and friendly "hello" or "sawadee ka/krup". They also just seem to delegate all their jobs to an poorly designed mobile phone app.

Breakfast was poor with very little choice and did not taste very good - a lot of food was cold, even early in the morning. If it wasn't for the fact I was taking early morning trips, I would have gone elsewhere.

While all this is highly disappointing, when it came to solving your problems, I would say the staff's attitude was just appalling. I had two particular gripes. The first, and less serious, was that they wouldn't let me extend my check out time to later in the day. While this is common practice, I was angry that they said that a guest needed the room after me; yet in the same breath they said if I paid them THB 1,000 (£25/US$30) an hour, the room could be mine. This is insane, greedy and incredibly unaccommodating - I don't mind a fee but that was unacceptable. The second, and far more serious problem, was when a trip turned up 30 mins early at 8am. I explained to the receptionist that I wasn't ready and that the receipt clearly stated 8:30am pick up time. The response was "well, could you get ready quicker? Could you get ready in 5 mins, ok?" said with a terrible attitude. To say I went ballistic is an understatement. As if the poor service wasn't bad enough, I was so shocked at how low it went.

If you're looking to spend a bit more money for a nice hotel, don't stay here. I'm pretty sure that for half the price of this hotel, you could stay somewhere less fancy and get better service.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo