1,028 results
All reviewscolonial stylevintage mercedesnakara jardinroyal grand deluxelocal snacksnight marketbeautiful hotelcomplimentary mini barreplenished dailysmall hotelsmall buffetturn down serviceour honeymoontuk tukold citycommon areastour desk
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Ping Nakara for 7 nights for a relaxing break to unwind, catch up on sleep, destress and experience the beauty of Northern Thailand. I can happily say that my experience in all areas was completely satisfied.

Just a short drive from the airport, I arrived at the hotel and immediately was impressed by the spectacle of the outside building, standing out in white amongst other hotels and buildings around. The lobby was quiet and I was greet with smiles and a very quick check in process. Within 25 mins of leaving the airport, I was in my room and looking out over the pool.

The room: beautifully decorated in old colonial style, appealing, well appointed (you’ll see the complementary mini bar and snacks mentions from other reviews) and very spacious. The bed was amazingly comfy so a good nights sleep was completely satisfied. Something to note here was that WiFi is extremely well appointed with several different routers throughout the hotel so that you always get good signal strength but most importantly, good bandwidth.

The hotel: fine attention to detail, very well maintained and picturesque indeed. The pool was just right and does get the sun for the mid part of the day but also shaded in the afternoon so perfect for cooling down at the end of a days excursion. Breakfast was just right and served very promptly but the helpful and friendly staff. For a boutique hotel, I would rate this as above average.

The staff: fantastic.

The location: I was wanting a hotel that was in a quiet area but still not far from the centre of Chiang Mai so Ping Nakara was just right. It is only a short ~10 minute walk to the night market area, with all the food, drink, massage and shopping you need. A further 10 min walk and you can be into the Old City with even more delights to explore. Hiring a bike is very convenient as traffic isn’t too chaotic to navigate (plenty of OBikes around for those of us from Singapore) but Tuk Tuks are everywhere and only cost around 100bht back from the city centre - or cheaper if you play the game well ;)

Lastly on the location, as the hotel is just outside the main city centre, it was quick to get out and about to the sights of around Chiang Mai to explore.

Overall I had a fantastic time and would thoroughly recommend Ping Nakara for a relaxing and enjoyable stay in Chiang Mai. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TaiPanStu
ChairatPingNakara, Owner at Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your very nice and very detailed review of our hotel. You have a very good way of seeing things in your travels. Your review is appreciated by all of our staff, and we are glad we helped make your visit restful and fun. I hope you will have occasion to visit us and Chiang Mai again in the future.
All the best,
Chairat

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We stayed four nights at the Ping Nkara and loved the hotel. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with their lemongrass tea and warm towel, we felt at home. The stay was extremely helpful in navigating the city, restaurant recommendations, and ensuring that our needs were met. Some reviews mention that the hotel is farther from the city but that means it takes less than 10 minutes to get where you want to go versus five. It is so easy to get where you want in Chiang Mai and the rickshaw driver, Art, makes it even easier! We thought the location was great. The hotel is as lovely as it pictures and extremely peaceful and relaxing. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the main road was quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2018

My wife and I spent 4 wonderful days at this magnificent hotel in Chiang Mai, close by the river. The building is in a colonial style and is immaculately presented. Staff were all very attentive and polite. Restaurant served delightful international breakfasts as well as great Thai food and they have an adjoining bistro named Nakara Jardin which serves delicious lunches and afternoon teas in a beautiful setting by the river. Altogether a memorable experience (and the staff even remembered my birtthday). Recommended for a truly peaceful break, plus no annoying smokers were allowed within the premises - what a breath of fresh air (literally!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018

We’ve just returned from a four night stay in this lovely Colonial style hotel. We were greeted at the airport and driven in a vintage Mercedes which was one of three owned by the hotel. We were immediately welcomed by smiling staff and quickly shown to our room.
Our first general impressions of the Hotel were of tranquility, flowers and the smell of Jasmine plants, beautifully upholstered traditional furniture and shiny wooden floors.
Our room was large and very pretty with a huge bed. It was cool and quiet with lots of amenities including some local Thai snacks. They’d thought of everything.
We had a delicious Thai lunch in the restaurant that day and the next morning we had breakfast sitting outside which was more than enough to cater for most nationalities to enjoy I would have thought. We also tried the other restaurant Nakara Jardin for a late lunch on two occasions. Both were delicious and the position next to the river is very relaxing. I have to now mention the Hotel’s Happy Hour and how much we enjoyed the expertly mixed cocktails particularly the Singapore Slings and the Gin & Tonics which went down rather too well.
We arranged some delightful outings through the tour operator Khun Num who has a desk in the lobby and he took us around in air conditioned comfort. Also the reception staff are more than happy to arrange for a Tuk Tuk to whizz you around the city or to anywhere you’d like to go. We particularly liked that fun experience very much and it’s not expensive at all. After a long morning out sightseeing, we really enjoyed a cooling swim in the beautiful pool and there are plenty of fluffy towels and drinking water freely available. This hotel also has a lovely spa and we can certainly recommend the 90minute oil massage professionally carried out by their masseuse.
We were sorry to leave this gorgeous place, the staff are lovely, kind people and we would like to thank them for such a marvellous experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2018

Its su;ch a nice hotel that I wanted to give it a good review what with the clean rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast and nice bathroom with tub and shower. The problem was the weak air conditioning left us hot and sweating. We complained and complained and finally after 10pm they said we could move to another room but we had already gone to bed.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ChairatPingNakara, Owner at Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear Guest:
We are sorry that you experienced a weak air conditioning during your stay with us. Your room did have a problem with the sensor that was immediately repaired the next day. As you stated, we were willing to move you to a different room where the air conditioning was fine. We apologize for your inconvenience, and hope that you will come back to stay with us some day.
Kind regards,