“The worst oil massage ever”
Review of Kandara Spa

Kandara Spa
Ranked #96 of 301 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
Reviewed September 10, 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I found this place unexpectedly and it looked very inviting. We looked it up on trip advisor and most of the reviews were really good. So we did a package a foot massage, an oil massage, and a hot compress. My therapist gave me the worst oil massage I have ever had in my life. I have lived in Asia for years and have had literally hundreds of massages. There was no technique--none--and no sense of preserving the client's dignity. It was truly terrible. My daughter had a better experience but it was not worth the money paid.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank 67suns

Reviewed August 11, 2015

Lovely place! The owner of the spa came to pick us up at our hotel (for free)! She was very friendly and could speak really good English! Me and my boyfriend wanted to get one of the packages that where recommend but we wanted to 'upgrade it'. That was no problem, so we spend around 4 hours in the spa and the experience was over the top: welcome drink, goodbye drink and fruit!! We are students and even we could afford this treat! Don’t miss out!!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank MorganeWi
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

This place was awesome . Really great value for your money and the staff were really friendly and qualified . Highly recommended .

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank shelly199
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

if you want a higher end spa that's affordable this is a great place to come to. Great value for your money and the place is really nice. The staff are very friendly and are always smiling. I really enjoyed the hot compressed massage and Refreshing 6 step facial treatment. If you do a spa package, you also get free transportation from your hotel and it's opened 10am - 10pm.

I highly recommend this spa!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank lisaz39
See more reviews
Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

I have very great experience of the massage in Kandara Spa, the service is excellent and the boss of spa is very friendly woman who even arrange the trip plan for us on the last day I stayed in Chiang Mai. The price is reasonable and the therapist is very skillfull and friendly, can communicate with them in English!
I would highly recommend to all my friends!

1  Thank Pauline C