All reviews old city tuk tuk pool area ground floor walking distance wat phra buffet breakfast sunday night market small pool superior room chang mai balcony thailand loungers tours lanterns baht
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Great location! In the heart of the old city. The Sunday night market is literally right down the street and there are a few gorgeous temples nearby. Perfect spot to be able to explore the city from. Staff was excellent! Their little restaurant was delicious! The room was great. Bathroom window had just a wooden shutter so it was always pretty warm in there but we just closed the door and had the ac turned on in the room and it was no issue. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Chiang Mai.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smallfry89
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This was displayed as a 4-star hotel on hotels.com but it's more like 3 stars.

The hotel is somewhat run down. My room was clean enough but the shower door couldn't be closed properly.

The wifi is not very reliable.

I stayed there for 10 days. At the start of my stay I had 2 towels of each kind, at some point some of the towels disappeared, and then there were too many, and then there were too few again. I didn't really mind, and didn't bring it up because I had enough towels to keep dry, but at the checkout they told me I had to pay for a "missing" towel.
I know I didn't steal any towels (and probably it's in the laundry there), but it irks me to get accused of stealing. I of course had to pay the fine, but it was not a lot of money.

If you're going to leave a tip for the cleaning lady at this hotel, leave it one day before you leave. I left it on the morning that I checked out, but I have a feeling that the person who got the money was the guy who they sent up to count the towels.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear lovely guests,

Sorry for your disappointing about staying with us. After investigation in this case, we had report from our maid that you brought some of towels used outside the room during your stay and we have a sign warning about this since if the towel got too dirty or lost, the guests need to pay for that lost or damage. When our maid did not fill in the towel that meant she could not find the old one in your room and she will refill or replace the old towels with the new one only. This is how we can count and manage whether our cloths or towels have been lost during our guests' stay or not. We do have a price list for all items in room in which you can buy or if it is damaged or lost, we will charge upon that price list. Anyway, in this case, if you are sure that you did not bring any towels used outside and did not lost it, you can inform our staffs and normally, we do not charge anything on that if there's no guest approval. For the Wifi, we have many spots sometimes if you walk to another point you need to capture a new spot signal that is stronger than the one you already used. We will improve our facilities and services to meet the hi standard. Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

The staff was very kind and helpful...they even packed a to-go breakfast for us when we had an early flight. Rooms were small and dark, and the windows/door to the terrace had a large gap at the bottom where mosquitos and other bugs were easily able to come into the room. The hotel was sufficient if you just need a place to crash. The pool looked nice, but it rained every day when I was there so I did not get to use it.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah L
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear lovely guests,

We have 4 types of room that you might be at our Standard or Superior room that quite small ( 20 sq.m. - 24 sq.m.). Some of terrace doors might have some big gap and we will fix that problems. Thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Loved the De Lanna Hotel. Great breakfast, enjoyed relaxing by the pool with a beverage listening to live music coming from the bar after a busy day exploring. Had the opportunity to stay both upstairs and downstairs. Loved the coy fish under the bridge to your room. Very relaxing sitting on your private balcony of your room looking into the beautiful courtyard. Close to many things and they helped us arrange for a motorbike rental as well.

Room Tip: Quieter on upper levels but the unique coy fish beneath the ground levels is cool.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeeCGo
Reviewed August 30, 2018

When we arrived, room was not ready for us. When they thought the room was ready, we found their housekeeping staff left the room with broom+mop on the floor inside our room. Obviously, the room was not ready and yet they sent us up there. It was late, we were tired. Fortunately, they got us another room without waiting for a long time; just merely 10-15 mins. The decor was nice, and the bell boy was very helpful. However, I couldn't sleep due to a sewage-like smell woke me up in the middle of the night, and it woke my hubby up on the 2nd night. Despite we complained about the smell in the room (which only occurred when we turned on the air-conditioning) they could not do much about it. And then, there was this shower curtain rod that was not installed properly, it dropped on me as I was getting out of the shower tub. Location was somewhat centralized, but without good sleep, hotel failed its objective. I would not recommend this hotel. IF, the hotel only provide bad or poor quality room because we booked it through Agoda's website at a low rate, then I won't try booking with Agoda again. It seemed like my reservation with Agoda always turned out with unbelievable poor quality. Never book hotel again through Agoda. It's the worse nightmare.

Room Tip: Never compromise. Always demand for a reasonable and comfortable room.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Paokung, Owner at De Lanna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear lovely guests,

Sorry for your bad experience here. After investigation, your first room was assigned into room no. 220 which this room was messy because this room was under repairing, but our Front staff did not communicate with our mechanic clearly and thought it was done and clean already. Therefore, they sent you to that messy room in the first place. After you moved to room no. 408 and experience a bad smell at late night. We did send our mechanic to check in the coming morning and did not find any bad smell source from our air-conditioner. Then our mechanic simply sprayed Refreshment into our air-con to cure this problem. We are sorry that we could not do more at that time and we will improve our services quality. For the bathroom curtain that dropped on you, in this case was an accident and we did not know why it was dropped. We fixed it after you informed this accident to our staffs. It seemed that your trip with us was facing with obstacles most of the time and we are sorry for that and we will improve all services and quality to meet the highest standard and this kind of incidents will no longer happen again. Thank you again for your valuable comments.