All reviews tapae gate princess suite night market egg station the air conditioning old town moat doorman laundry spas
Reviewed April 6, 2018

The rooms were spacious, clean and the housekeeping service was very good. Huge choice of food at breakfast but the coffee leaved a lot to be desired. The pool was not good. It was in shade after midday and the pool area was not really appealing, probably due to the lack of sunshine there. The staff were not the friendliest or the most helpful and their English was minimal. A taxi was ordered for us on our departure but it did not show up. We had to catch the bus with all our luggage. I was not impressed with the 'ladyboy of the night ' quite blatantly touting for business right outside the hotel every night. The staff turned a blind eye to this. This has actually put me off returning to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
AmoraHotel C, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Amora Resort Tapae Chiangmai, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Dear Susan2210,

On behalf of Amora Tapae Hotel Chiang Mai team, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that your overall experience did not meet your expectations, my sincere apologies for that.

I have noted of your feed back regarding to condition of the unhelpful service from the staff, therefore your feed back is very important to us. Please be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We once again thank you for your feedback and we'd love to welcome you back again in the near future. Kindly contact me at gm-cnx@amoragroup.com to make any arrangements.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Hotel within the main city of Chang Mai close to everything. Rooms are tidy and beds are very comfortable. Good customer service. Have a variety choices of foods for breakfast that caters with the guests. I really enjoyed my stayed in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear rence2018,

On behalf of Amora Tapae Hotel Chiang Mai, I with to thank you for taking time to review us.

We are delighted to read your kind words, the review will be shared with the staff to show that their hard work dose contribute in making great stay for guest. We will keeping doing our best to make guest have one of their best holidays.

We'd love to welcome you back again in the near future. Kindly contact me at gm-cnx@amoragroup.com to make any arrangements.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

The hotel is very huge, the rooms are great and very clean and tidy. The staff at the reception could be friendlier and more helpful but the cleaning staff and the suitcase carrier are very friendly and helpful. The rooms have a nice atmosphere and we felt very good there. The location of the hotel is of course very great. The pool was unfortunately very cold and the Wifi could have work more proper or rather faster.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
AmoraHotel C, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Amora Resort Tapae Chiangmai, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear ForAHonestReview,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience.

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding to hotel services, facilities and location. We constantly strive to improve our overall guest experience and will use your feedback to guide future service improvements.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

This hotel isn’t Very Good but good. Great location to everything and a huge breakfast area for the bus loads of tourists. The rooms are tidy but old. My curtains were all ripped and there was no power point next to the bed available. I would stay here again for the location

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2018

For a 4 star hotel, this is a true 4 star hotel. Nothing exceptional, but location, service, rooms are all of 4 star quality.
The location is convenient and close to the tapae gate.
The checkin process took a long time - the front desk service did not explain to me where anything was ie. gym,pool, breakfast. No smile on the face - very robotic like.
The doormen were extremely helpful - almost seems like they should work at front desk instead.

The hotel was very nice to me, they upgraded me to the princess suite. As I asked for a high floor (make sure you do) however since that wasn't avail I was given the upgrade.

If you ever do request the princess suite make sure you get the one on the 3rd floor - rm 307 - because it comes with a HUGE balcony! (although no furniture)

Room service - food was good and reasonably price. Takes about 20mins.

Facilities/rooms - a bit old / run down - something from the 1980s-1990s but all clean, functional. The air conditioning requires to be kept on , as it doesnt cool the room quickly however it does work, but just takes time.

The showerhead needs to be fixed as the pressure isnt great.
Toilets/bathroom does NOT come with a set of hotel toothbrush (a bit odd)

There is only one restaurant - Chillis - which is functional. Breakfast there is a wide selection but quality is what you pay for - 4 stars only.

They also have a lobby bar / beer garden. For some reason they didnt setup the outdoor beer garden - thus space left empty and wasted. Also they ppl at the bar forget orders easily. I ordered a beer - but never came at all afte 30mins.

Overall for the price and location its a good hotel. There is potential for improvement.
It does the job well.

However if it is NOT your first time in Chiang Mai I would probably NOT recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo