Lowest prices for your stay
US$16
US$14
Free cancellation until 22-10-07
Hotels.com
US$17
TravelocityUS$17
Trip.comUS$23
Orbitz.comUS$17
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Mountainview became like home to me on a 2 month stay in Chiang Mai. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, willing to go the extra mile whether that is to help you catch your first sorng taow or book a day trip to ride the elephants.
The rooms are simple but comfortable and kept well stocked with all of the essentials. The outdoor dining area set in lush tropical rainforest is an oasis in the busy city bustle. The food is delicious and offers a variety of Thai dishes and western favourites.
Internet is available as unlimited wifi in the rooms or in the computer room near reception which offers a good half dozen computers for guests.
Location wise, it's close to everything and easy to walk to many popular destinations. To get to Night Bazaar or Airport Plaza is only a 20baht sorng taow ride away.
I have returned twice and will do so again this January.

Date of stay: January 2012
3  Thank TravellerCatty
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our group stayed here for a little over a week, and it was a great experience. The rooms were basic but clean. The beds might be a little firm for some people, but I was used to it. They have AC and fans in the guest rooms, and WiFi throughout the property. The outdoor garden/dining area was beautiful. Food was quite good, and the coffee was great. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Laundry service was excellent..ready the same day. Location is extremely convenient. Great value for your money!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Fusiondragon
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you want to feel a little less touristy and a little more like a local, this guest house is a perfect, inexpensive stop in Chiang Mai. The rooms were basic, but clean and comfortable and we enjoyed breakfast every morning in the outdoor garden cafe with a stream and fish pond. The private bath was functional and the shower worked fine. If you are looking for luxury this is not the place, but it was clean, comfortable, and we loved the garden decks and garden cafe. This is very safe, and we went out to the streets for a late night dinner with no concerns. We delighted in the elephant walking down our street with a tail light.....that's a real 'tail light'! This is within walking distance of the night market which is a must-do in Chiang Mai. We recommend Mountain View Guest House without reservation! The price for a week was astonishing by North American standards.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DCanadian
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The outdoor garden and dining area is lovely and is the primary asset of this property.
If you are a jazz fan it is terrific to walk a few blocks to hear great jazz almost nightly
at the North Gate right nearby. On the down side, if you happen to have a room that
somehow faces the venue you will hear it all night. Not so good for sleeping.
Staff attitude is erratic...some are very helpful and friendly and some quite the opposite
as the other reviews indicate. I did not see all the rooms so I cannot speak for those
who liked theirs a lot. I asked for a quiet room in the back away from street noise and
music...It was calmer than what others said about their rooms but dark, a bit stale,
and beds as in many places in Thailand guesthouse $ level not very comfortable.
Food was often quite good especially the soups made from scratch on the spot.
I only came here because the massage school recommended it but would probably
stay elsewhere if I visited again. From a budgetary standpoint I saw that fellow
students willing to look around found better places at better rates with nicer staff
who were way more helpful than these. Still the outdoor garden area is quite lovely
and easy access to jazz was fun.

Room tip: Best to ask for a room in the back away from street noise and North Gate Jazz venue. If you stay for an extended period ask for a better room and rate. If you are recommended by the massage school you can really do better than this but they do pick you up there and it is nice to have camaraderie of fellow students on site.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HolisticHealerGal
Reviewed September 15, 2012

For the price paid it rates as absolutely exceptional. I had a very nice, clean, room with a private bath set in a garden type setting. The room was clean with a refrigerator and TV (which I never turned on so I have no idea how many channels they have.) The air conditioner worked great and kept the room cool when I needed it. It was off season so the "water feature" in the garden area was not turned on. Best of all the customer service was exceptional. Of course I was there with my kids who speak Thai, so it made things a little easier to communicate, but I am sure that even if they hadn't been with me the service still would have seemed great.

Date of stay: September 2012